Babylon 5 Fans Unite!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 Fans Unite!!

Hey everyone, I dont know how many people here are fans of Babylon 5 or have heard the rumors of the feature film being produced, but there are currently rumors of some very disturbing things afoot.
    About a year ago information began to come out on a new Babylon 5 project, which turned out to be a feature film titled "The Memory of Shadows" Recently however, rumors have been all but officially confirmed that the WB has decided that actors from a TV show would not be a big enough draw and they are looking to recast the major roles! This is nothing short of an outrage for many of us loyal fans and a major letter writing campaign, incorportaing what we call "B5 Bucks" is in the process. We need ALL the help we can get, and time is of the essense. If you want more information on the situation or the letter writing campaign, I urge any and all fans to visit http://www.keepb5alive.com. and help out.

im also an avid B5 fan, and im shocked at the thought of anyone else playing the major characters

hope this silly idea is dropped cos B5 without Bruce boxteiner, Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, claudia christian and all the rest of the excellent cast just ISNT B5 at all :/

ill be writing to em over this

Comment

Sacriledge!

The chemistry between the actors and the little nuances they brought to their own characters is what made B5 so wonderful. None of those characters should be recast.

Jude Law as Sheridan. Nicole Kidman as Delenn. . .*shudder*. . .I'm having nightmares already!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

When you have CONCRETE EVIDENCE of something, I might be interested, but I'm not about to go off in a flaming rage over "rumors". Rumors have been wrong before. Rumors can be dangerous and grossly misleading. I want no part of that.

Comment

I will admit, there is no other word I can use to describe these than "rumors" however as rumors go, these are as concrete as you are going to get! They have been confirmed by various different people INDEPENDENTLY who have sources in the business. Some of these people even having been doubters like yourself originally too. Also, while JMS is usually quick to squash rumors, all that he has stated about this is that he is unfortunately unable to comment on it at this time. What it boils down to is this, while this isn't anything officially confirmed, the odds that it is true FAR outweigh the odds that it is not. That being the case, there is no harm in writing a letter, even if the rumors are false, fan support can only ever help. I urge you to do some more research for yourself, check out www.keepb5alive.com and the forum at b5tv.com.

Comment

I'm a B5 fan.
            Though they are merely rumours, it would still be terrible if they changed the actors, no? I mean, these actors are as much of a part of the story as the plot. But unfortunatly, if they did decided to replace the charaters, would we really protest? I think every B5 fan would still come out and see the movie, no matter who played the characters, for the simple fact that it is B5.
            I would really be disappointed if they did replace the actors (especially Bill Mumy), but luckily this is just a rumour, even if it is 'concrete as you are going to get.' Nothing is written in stone.

Anyway, what would this feature film be about? A general sum up of the B5 timeline, or a new story all together?

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
            "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
            The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
            "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
            Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              When you have CONCRETE EVIDENCE of something, I might be interested, but I'm not about to go off in a flaming rage over "rumors". Rumors have been wrong before. Rumors can be dangerous and grossly misleading. I want no part of that.
              I wish I had a nickle fir every rumor I've heard in this forum!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The producers of the B5 movie need to take a lesson from Lord of the Rings: The director (Peter Jackson) purposely cast actors who were not big names in the industry to showcase their talents. By choosing not to use the veteran B5 cast, the producers of the movie are not showcasing the cast's talents. It would be more difficult to use other actors because the new actors won't have all the nuances and quirks that the vetran cast has. And besides, the veteran cast know their roles like no other. I've actually written two e-mails to the producers stating my distaste toward not using the veteran B5 cast. Guess it's time to write more e-mails again.

Comment

The producer(most likely JMS or some old B5-producer, possibly Furst) definately want the old crew, it's WB that are whining. They probably want George Clooney as Sheridan, Angelina Jolie as Delenn, Bruce Willis as Garabaldi, Nicole Kidman as Lyta, Jim Carrey as Zach...

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    The producer(most likely JMS or some old B5-producer, possibly Furst) definately want the old crew, it's WB that are whining. They probably want George Clooney as Sheridan, Angelina Jolie as Delenn, Bruce Willis as Garabaldi, Nicole Kidman as Lyta, Jim Carrey as Zach...
                    If that's the case, then forget the WB and find a new distributor. I really can't find any reason to change the cast, other then to utterly destroy the quality of the B5 universe. I think the best acting talent for the B5 movie is the veteran B5 cast.

Comment

Don't you think that the producers would WANT the original cast? If there is any truth to these rumors (and I remain unconvinced) then my guess is that blame would be better put on the Suits- the ones who allow the producers to make the movie. If the Suits say "we want big name stars" then there's little that TPTB can do about it.

Many a great story has been destroyed by a Suit's blind determination to use Big Names.

Comment

:complain: Lyta was the best character....What ever happened to her?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just to add a little more "concreteness" to this, cinescape.com is reporting the the "B5 Bucks" campaign, here is the link http://www2.cinescape.com/0/editoria...8&obj_id=43291

I still urge every fan out there to write a letter, but before doing so, check out the site, www.keepb5alive.com and the tips on doing so. Things like printed and hand written letters are preferred, emails are likely to be ignored. And also, try not to be negative, dont call them "dumb" or "stupid", instead be positive. Tell them how excited you are about a B5 feature film and how much you are looking foward to seeing the original cast reprising their roles. And please please do not forget to print out and send the B5 Bucks!

Listen, if you dont believe this and do not want to send a letter that's fine, but the creators of this site, myself, and many many others are taking this very seriously, so I'd ask to please keep the negative comments about this campaign to a minimum and please do not pursuade others not to get involved unless you actually feel strongly in disagreement. Thanks

Comment

Lyta died in the Telepath War (took place between B5 and Crusade)

And I believe WB own all rights to B5, so JMS can't take it to another network.

I believe that WB are whining, since JMS have said he can't comment on it ATM. From that I've read he's always very open and very active on the net.

Comment

Lyta died in the Telepath War (took place between B5 and Crusade)
                              When did we learn that?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X