Mild-Mannered (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    It totally was. Listen to the podcast over on SyFy Rewind for this eps. Allison talks about it.

She's still 19 in the show as Claudia is the same age as Allison.

At first she, imho, was being a jerk. In a way so was Leena. They were both hurt and angry and all Leena wanted really was for Claudia to realize that she (Claudia) wasn't the only victim of MacPherson's. Claudia wasn't hearing it, hence my thinking she was being a jerk.

When Claudia finally let Leena speak (another sign of immaturity is not letting someone else explain themselves when there is an argument or issues between two people) it finally started sinking in that maybe Claudia wasn't the only victim. MacPherson used both of them and imho, Leena got the worst of it. She was used against her will while Claudia only had her identity stolen. Leena was forced to take on Claudia's persona to trick everyone. So not only does Leena have to deal with being used against her will, she has to deal with the guilt of that causing everyone to think Claudia had turned on them.

I'm glad that with Myka's urging, Claudia made up with Leena and now hopefully they'll become friends because they both almost lost the family they've only ever known.
    I googled...She'll be 20 come September. I do like Claudia, there's lots to like about her. Though sometimes she can be minorly sort off...mean. But not nearly all the time. I keep seeing things that tell me she's trying to keep her true emotions hidden deep where they are safe. The "mean" is more of a flawed safety mechanism if you ask me. I guess she ought to grow...I will enjoy seeing her grow...though it couldn't hurt to see her go evil if for just one episode >.>

Oh, that makes Scagliotti around two years younger than me...my birth date is March 1989...One and a half years older than her.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      I googled...She'll be 20 come September. I do like Claudia, there's lots to like about her. Though sometimes she can be minorly sort off...mean. But not nearly all the time. I keep seeing things that tell me she's trying to keep her true emotions hidden deep where they are safe. The "mean" is more of a flawed safety mechanism if you ask me. I guess she ought to grow...I will enjoy seeing her grow...though it couldn't hurt to see her go evil if for just one episode >.>
      Yeah, last year around Allison's birthday, they specifically have Claudia mention that she's 19.
      I never said she was mean, just acted like a jerk towards Leena. You can still be a jerk without being mean. She's 19 and a bit immature in the dealing with emotions and expressing them, I get that, but really she was a bit too self-centered about it if you ask me. Don't get me wrong I like Claudia but felt that her reaction to Leena's unwilling participation in the whole MacPherson tricking everyone was a bit harsh and she was totally unwilling to see Leena's side until Leena confronted her in anger. It's kinda sad that sometimes we humans do that to be heard.

Oh, that makes Scagliotti around two years younger than me...my birth date is March 1989...One and a half years older than her.
      Eddie is exactly 1 day older than I am. So puhlease. I'm old enough to be you or Allison's mom.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, last year around Allison's birthday, they specifically have Claudia mention that she's 19.
        I never said she was mean, just acted like a jerk towards Leena. You can still be a jerk without being mean. She's 19 and a bit immature in the dealing with emotions and expressing them, I get that, but really she was a bit too self-centered about it if you ask me. Don't get me wrong I like Claudia but felt that her reaction to Leena's unwilling participation in the whole MacPherson tricking everyone was a bit harsh and she was totally unwilling to see Leena's side until Leena confronted her in anger. It's kinda sad that sometimes we humans do that to be heard.

Eddie is exactly 1 day older than I am. So puhlease. I'm old enough to be you or Allison's mom.
        Mummy?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Get away from me kid. I'm not getting some gas mask stuck on my face. :LOL:

Anyway, back on topic.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Get away from me kid. I'm not getting some gas mask stuck on my face. :LOL:

Anyway, back on topic.
            Creepy episode if I may say so myself...

Though I'm still lost as to why Artie was seeing McPherson....
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Courtam3 View Post
              I agree with you while I liked the eppy I thought they went a little too far in the silliness at times. A few times I was thinking wow that was corny not funny.
              I agree with you. Not a bad episode, but not one that will go on my favorites list I don't think. If I could have taken out anything, I'd have killed Myka's Spiderman line - that was just a step too far for me.

I did like the background storylines with Archie and Leena and Claudia. And I'm curious to see what's up with Leena's dizzy spells.

As far as Jewel Staite though - any Whedon actor or actress is always going to be far more known for that than for time on Stargate. *shrugs* Just seems to be the way it is.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                My favorite part of the episode was when Claudia said "Allonsy!" It made me smile large! I wonder if it was intended as a Doctor Who reference or just Crazy Claudia being awesome?
                Cant it be both? oh and made me smile 2
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Good entertaining episode! Liked how the B plot dealt with the aftermath of the premiere, for Leela, Claudia and Artie, rather being put on the backburner untill the next "arc" episode. A plot was good, some great lines for Pete. Sean Maher did a pretty good job, but what was the point of Jewel Staite? The character could have been played by any generic actress. All in all, much better than Sanctuary's superhero episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Good entertaining episode! Liked how the B plot dealt with the aftermath of the premiere, for Leela, Claudia and Artie, rather being put on the backburner untill the next "arc" episode. A plot was good, some great lines for Pete. Sean Maher did a pretty good job, but what was the point of Jewel Staite? The character could have been played by any generic actress. All in all, much better than Sanctuary's superhero episode.
                    Good question...and they totally omitted the fact she was a Stargate actress...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Good episode. I enjoyed it. I didn't like them saying Jewel Stait is from Firefly...I know she is...but she's more recently from SGA. Loved the superhero costumes. Myka was awesome!
                      Yeah trying to forget that

I admit when I first saw Jewel in this ep I though "Oh no." but I really liked her. But of course she was also really good on Firefly and Wonderfalls too so I shouldn't have been surprised For a moment I thought I was watching Firefly again with Jewel and Sean Maher in there Not that I mind

Pete was funny with all his comic booky stuff All the main characters have got a really good rapport going and the Myka/Pete relationship is turning into a really good friendship and that was shown when Myka got that stuff for Pete to make him feel more at home till his stuff arrived

For once I'm so glad that TPTB don't feel the need to ship the two main characters together. Last thing we need is another Mulder/Scully
                      sigpic

Comment

so simons great great great geat grandfather was a super hero and loved kaylee's great great great great grandmother t'awwww

7/10 i loved claudia just showing up out of no where WH does that trick well
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                        X