Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialing all gates and then stepping through

Hi everyone.

I was just thinking. What would happen if the SGC used Ba'al's "dial all gates in the galaxy" thing and then just send a SG team through the gate. As far as I can see it there are a few options:

1) The gate can only send matter to one other gate, so the team arrives at one of the gates, randomly, or the first one that made contact?

2) The gate sends an energy pattern to the other gates, so all the recieving gates reconstruct the SG team and we have thousands of duplicate T'ealc's (now theres an interesting thought)

3) The gate distributes the energy of the traveller to all gates evenly, so each gate only recieves part of the SG team, probably none of the gates will be able to reconstruct anything usefull, since they dont have the whole deal and basically nothing happens, bye bye SG team.

There's little evidence in canon to work this out, but I was leaning more to options 2 or 3. Seeing as the gates transmit only energy, the recieving gate may be able to amplify and clean up the signal as it would if something would happen to the matterstream on route creating lots of SG teams? Then again, there might be failsafes in place to prevent this from happening?

What do you think?

your matter is most likely spread to all gates.

alternatively there is a massive powersurge as the gate tries to duplicate you thousands of times over but it can't and spits you out again

Comment

Part of you sent to every gate in proportion I guess, so how ever many gates are in the Galaxy is how many peices you will be in, luckily you wont feel a thing

Comment

i think that you would get to nearest gate but i think it's wery posibal that gate have some failsafe

Comment

Originally posted by General Luka of Earth View Post
          i think that you would get to nearest gate but i think it's wery posibal that gate have some failsafe
          doubt there would be a failsafe as dialing multiple gates is done by hacking into the system so to speak, its doubtful there would be anything to protect

Comment

The problem is that for a long time Goa'ulds and Tau'ris have shown no respect for gate failsafe procedures. Though the former seems to know what they were doing.
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

ok they don't respect gate failsafe but why would anyone try that?

Comment

easy cloning for Baal

Comment

Perhaps to solve food shortages? Supply shortages?

Just imagine if you were duplicated, then have the SGC dial all planets that they have bases on, or can have personel on. Then send a ZPM through the gate, have all the off world team dial back one by one, and voila, we have all the power we'll ever need

Comment

doesn't work that way

Comment

i don't think the micro singularity in the zpm would be copied and if it is then they would mostly be imperfect copies or nothing at all. hell a more likely possibility is the gates wouldn't be able to function right so they will either shut down or least likely explode.
                      time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                      sigpic

Comment

The law of conservation of energy is an empirical law of physics. It states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant over time (is said to be conserved over time). A consequence of this law is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only be transformed from one state to another. The only thing that can happen to energy in a closed system is that it can change form, for instance chemical energy can become kinetic energy.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

It would not be possible for it to "clone" people or objects, unless wormholes break one of the basic laws of physics.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

It would not be possible for it to "clone" people or objects, unless wormholes break one of the basic laws of physics.
                          Then we are back to :

1- have your body scattered around the galaxy
                          2- not get anywhere because the gate systems (and the failsafes) don't know how to deal with you
                          3- get at a random place

Comment

you get a giant error message

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

actually you could be cloned, but the gate would draw humongous amounts of energy.

if the gate doesn't get that, it probably spits you out at the origin gate

Comment

Working...
                              X