Escyos's Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escyos's Atlantis

Seeing as the powers that be dont want to give us a map of Atlantis and seeing as i am the worlds leading expert on the city of Atlantis, I have decided to plan and create a full map of the city, including all buildings, rooms, corridors and technology.

This however forces me to create a bunch of stuff we havent seen before, i am trying to keep it sticking with canon as much as possible but i have to change a few things.

I am starting with the central tower. I have made it 68 levels tall, with 21 sublevels, i have put all the rooms that are stated to be in the tower in the right areas (e.g. infirmary, McKays, lab, ZPM room etc).

This is how i have planned the main tower (including where the transporters are):

1. Primary Jumper Bay
    a. Exit Tube (25 metres to lowest point, 35 to highest, slope faces South, doesnt sit on Exit Tube)
    b. Upper Level (10 metres tall)
    c. Lower Level (10 metres tall)
    d. Lower Tube (10 metres tall) Floor of jumper bay to roof of gateroom
    2. Stargate Operations (2 floors from Lower Level)
    a. Control Room
    b. Conference Room
    c. Commanders Office
    3. Gateroom
    a. South Hall (Transporter)
    b. Centre Hall
    c. North Hall
    4. Gear Up Room, Armory, Storage Rooms (MALP’s, UAV’s, ATV’s etc)
    5. Briefing Rooms, Storage Rooms
    6. Computer Archives and Holoroom (Window overlooking piers)
    7. McKay’s Lab(South-West-West Side), Main Security Offices and Military HQ (End of primary stairwells and start of Ancillary Stairwells) (Transporter)
    8. Zelenka’s Lab, Caldwell’s Office
    9. Main Power Room and Central Tower Power Distribution Centre (Centre of tower) (Transporter)
    10. Administrative Facilities (Scheduling Offices, Custodial, Human Resources)
    11. Orientation Committee Offices
    12. General Infirmary (Transporter)
    13. Operating Level
    14. Recovery Level
    15. Isolation and Observation Rooms (Transporter)
    16. Main Medical Labs
    17. Main Medical Labs
    18. Medical Storage
    19. Multipurpose Labs, Balcony
    20. Main Physics Labs (Transporter)
    21. Main Chemistry Labs
    22. Main Botany Labs
    23. Plant Rooms
    24. Main Biology Labs
    25. Main Archaeology and Anthropology Labs (Transporter)
    26. Main Astronomy Labs
    27. Main Geology Labs
    28. Main Oceanography and Ecology Labs
    29. Main Computer Sciences Lab
    30. Main Engineering Labs (including the Hangar) (Transporter)
    31. Main Mathematics and Statistics Labs
    32. Main Psychology and Sociology Labs
    33. Storage Labs
    34. ZPM Room
    35. Main Computer Systems
    36. Access Corridors (West, East and South sides) (Other access on North, South-east and South-west sides)
    37. Living Quarters/Guest Quarters (Transporter)
    38. Living Quarters/Guest Quarters
    39. Living Quarters/Guest Quarters
    40. Living Quarters (Transporter)
    41. Living Quarters
    42. Living Quarters
    43. Living Quarters
    44. Living Quarters
    45. Living Quarters
    46. Living Quarters
    47. Living Quarters
    48. Living Quarters (Transporter)
    49. Communal Quarters
    50. Communal Quarters
    51. Communal Quarters
    52. Offices
    53. Offices
    54. Offices
    55. Secondary Security Offices and Military HQ (Transporter)
    56. Armory, Shooting Range
    57. Brig (Transporter)
    58. Storage
    59. Storage
    60. Storage
    61. Storage
    62. Storage
    63. Access Labs, Main Life Support Systems, CO2 Scrubbers and Primary Intake Vents
    64. Subspace Communications Centre (Transporter)
    65. Star drive and shielding Primary Systems
    66. HAZMAT Storage, Access Lab
    67. Pier Power Distribution Centre, Access Corridors (South, East and West sides)
    68. Auxiliary Control Room (Transporter)
    69. SUB-LEVEL
    70. SUB-LEVEL
    71. SUB-LEVEL
    72. SUB-LEVEL
    73. SUB-LEVEL
    74. SUB-LEVEL
    75. SUB-LEVEL
    76. SUB-LEVEL
    77. SUB-LEVEL
    78. SUB-LEVEL
    79. SUB-LEVEL (Transporter)(Access corridors to main city)
    80. SUB-LEVEL
    81. SUB-LEVEL
    82. SUB-LEVEL
    83. SUB-LEVEL
    84. SUB-LEVEL
    85. SUB-LEVEL
    86. SUB-LEVEL
    87. SUB-LEVEL
    88. SUB-LEVEL
    89. SUB-LEVEL
    90. SUB-LEVEL

More to come!...

Buddy, I'm just going to green you for the effort!

Nice work.

Cheers.

Comment

You should get with Alx and his crew for this, I think he might have done parts of this. A+++ for the effort, don't forget about the parts that are underwater, A++ wish I could help

Comment

This would be a very interesting project. And like Burns said, dont forget the underwater jumper bay(s) (is that in the main tower section?). Chair room (one of the peers), Shield generators, Hyperdrive control arrays (like the one damaged in Adrift) and Stasis room(s)

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
          You should get with Alx and his crew for this, I think he might have done parts of this. A+++ for the effort, don't forget about the parts that are underwater, A++ wish I could help
          from his work it appears hes done the outside...which is relatively easy considering we see it in pretty much every episode...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Seeing as the powers that be dont want to give us a map of Atlantis and seeing as i am the worlds leading expert on the city of Atlantis, I have decided to plan and create a full map of the city, including all buildings, rooms, corridors and technology.
            First off all there will never be a "map" of atlantis of were things are etc as the ship is VIRTUAL and were stuff is is dictated by the needs of the plot so basicly there is no drawn out plan for the interior city, the best you could to is look at the bridge studio layouts and get an idea were stuff is but its a stage so the stuff is were there is room for it not were it is shown in the show.

also i am curious who crowned you Expert on the city?

This however forces me to create a bunch of stuff we havent seen before, i am trying to keep it sticking with canon as much as possible but i have to change a few things.
            how could you stick to canon when there isnt one for this?

I am starting with the central tower. I have made it 68 levels tall, with 21 sublevels, i have put all the rooms that are stated to be in the tower in the right areas (e.g. infirmary, McKays, lab, ZPM room etc).
            Your maintower is not tall enough as yud have to have levels with a 30m floor to ceiling ratio.

and trust me i know what i am talking about as i have build 4-5 3d models of atlantis during the last 9months so i have a good sence of the scale and the layout of the city.

i could also provide you with orthographic views of the city aswell as any particlular renders or scenery youd like to finish this project of yours

Comment

from his work it appears hes done the outside...which is relatively easy considering we see it in pretty much every episode...
              relativly easy eh? lol id like to see you try

Comment

Nice work ,
                put some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  relativly easy eh? lol id like to see you try
                  Very impressive modelling job there on the city. I gave that a try a while back but my 3D modelling skills were nowhere near what would be needed for me to build it

I am starting with the central tower. I have made it 68 levels tall, with 21 sublevels...
                  Just a small remark, as they did some math on the size of atlantis here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=89917

Measuring the size of the central spire to be about 610 meters high. If I were to use your earlier quote to make the central tower 68 levels high, that would mean that each floor would have to be 8,9 meters high. Now the floors are fairly high in Atlantis, but i dont think there that high. I'd say 3-4 meters top. You might want to revise your number of levels. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just trying to give some usefull input for your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                    First off all there will never be a "map" of atlantis of were things are etc as the ship is VIRTUAL and were stuff is is dictated by the needs of the plot so basicly there is no drawn out plan for the interior city,
                    which is why i am making onbe

the best you could to is look at the bridge studio layouts and get an idea were stuff is but its a stage so the stuff is were there is room for it not were it is shown in the show.
                    which is what i am doing

also i am curious who crowned you Expert on the city?
                    name someone who knows more

how could you stick to canon when there isnt one for this?
                    stick to as much canon as possible E.g. rooms in what places etc

Your maintower is not tall enough as yud have to have levels with a 30m floor to ceiling ratio.
                    in 'The Prodigal' the tower is 68 floors. scaling is NOT canon and will never be

and trust me i know what i am talking about as i have build 4-5 3d models of atlantis during the last 9months so i have a good sence of the scale and the layout of the city.
                    you have done models on the OUTSIDE

i could also provide you with orthographic views of the city aswell as any particlular renders or scenery youd like to finish this project of yours
                    ill stick to CANON resources

Comment

seeing as i am the worlds leading expert on the city of Atlantis

name someone who knows more
                      no, TPTB is the worlds leading expert on the city of Atlantis, and what makes you think you know more about the city than them or anyone else.
                      Last edited by General Jumper One; 03 July 2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        no, TPTB is the worlds leading expert on the city of Atlantis, and what makes you think you know more about the city than them or anyone else.
                        sheer force of will

and they dont know nothin. ask on joes blog about something technical and he probably wouldnt know, the fans tend to know things more

Comment

sheer force of will

and they dont know nothin. ask on joes blog about something technical and he probably wouldnt know, the fans tend to know things more
                          the ones who actually designed are the ones that i am talking about

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            the ones who actually designed are the ones that i am talking about
                            so if you ask one of them where the mess hall is, or the chair room, or the zpm room; they would answer?

Comment

so if you ask one of them where the mess hall is, or the chair room, or the zpm room; they would answer?
                              so if I ask you where the mess hall is, or the chair room, or the ZedPM room; you would answer?

Comment

Working...
                              X