This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like how the show ended?

Do you like how the show ended? I don't think any major storylines were left unresolved accept for the Wraith still dominating the Pegasus galaxy. I think they should have scrapped "Vegas" and allowed for "Enemy at the Gate" to be a two-hour finale, even if it was going to be a season finale. I loved the story, but it just felt too rushed. There wasn't time for events to sink in before the next big event. I do like the "Now what?" open ending we're left with. It leaves room for a movie. If the movie doesn't happen, then we can use our imaginations and think of Atlantis replacing Cheyenne Mountain as the SGC.

Keep in mind we're not limiting discussion to the series finale, but the fifth year in general. Overall, were you content with how the show ended? If not, what did you want to see happen or happen differently?

Well, given that Vegas is more or less of a prelude to Enemy at the Gate, it sort of already is a 2 parter. Granted so much went on in EatG that they could have easially have split it up in to 2 parts.

Alot of stuff was left un-resolved unfortunally. We still have the evil Asgards running free and Wraith everywhere. Not to mention they left some more gaps in the last ep itself, think of the:

Spoiler:
    Deux Ex Machina: Wormhole drive

I loved the last episodes, but the series still had the potential and materials to make at least one more full season. I'm hoping the upcoming movie (if it will ever be made) will help tie up some loose ends.

Comment

the worst atlantis, i mean stargate episode ever...
      and i dont dislike the wormhole drive that much, but i hated the "Super ultra zpm powered god hive ship" concept, and the "I can make appear zpm's of thin air" and the fact that area 51 was destroyed (because ours is intact in the real world)...have someone asked to JM about the phase shifting device, it was there ? (I don't mind the ark of truth, probably was just too advanced to be understood... ever !)

P.D:my english sucks, I know xD
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

i would've preferred this:

-Scratch identity.

-5x18 Vegas
        -5x19 Enemy At The Gate (1)
        -5x20 Enemy At The Gate (2)

Comment

Hated it, have not/will not watch the last two eppies since they aired. Soo disapionting

Comment

I would of preferred to have two part Enemy at the Gate with Vegas removed. The show could of ended much better than just having a rushed episode.

Comment

the worst series finale I've ever seen. It beats even Lost
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Vegas is important to the story and IMO a damn fine episode. however i think that Identity wins the award for most useless episode in the grand scheme of things

Comment

It was pretty rushed. Lots of plot points that came out of nowhere sort of. The chair being moved, and a whole lot of other things, I didn't see it a second time cause I was too disappointed and devastated. And that end scene was a bit much, especially with the new characters in there. They go to San Francisco Bay and no one notices? Was pretty dumb. Lots of superpowerful crap things that came out of nowhere. Eh.

Comment

As an actual episode and ending for the show I hated it - as a metaphor for the show, poorly thought out concepts being rushed through to a wholly unsatisfactory conclusion I think it's first rate

Comment

Let's take a page out of the book of Lewis Black, and use repetition to prove a point.

Spoiler:
                      WORMHOLE DRIVE, WORMHOLE DRIVE, WORMHOLE DRIVE!!!

I win.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Nope. Everything was rushed, there were deus ex machina all over and it did leave questions unanswered.

They had only 2 episodes left when they found out SGA would be cancelled. They should have made Enemy at the Gate as a 2-part series finale and scrapped Vegas. Vegas was creative, but I really didn't see any purpose to it. The only thing it contributed to the main storyline was in the last 10 mins.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          Nope. Everything was rushed, there were deus ex machina all over and it did leave questions unanswered.

They had only 2 episodes left when they found out SGA would be cancelled. They should have made Enemy at the Gate as a 2-part series finale and scrapped Vegas. Vegas was creative, but I really didn't see any purpose to it. The only thing it contributed to the main storyline was in the last 10 mins.
                          It was really too late. They were filming Idenity when they learned of cancelation. Vegas and EATG had already been written and gone through most pre-production
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            It was really too late. They were filming Idenity when they learned of cancelation. Vegas and EATG had already been written and gone through most pre-production
                            Yea I realize there's more to it, but just saying. Identity and Vegas didn't need to be created in the first place. But what can you do, what's done is done - they were expecting a 6th season and it didn't happen.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was a good episode and a good season,season 5.But i didn't like it because it doesn't feel like the end and feels that it ended like a cliff hanger and that there are alot of things unanswered. I want to know how they got back to the pegasus galaxy. Right now they're on earth and it doesn't seem right just ending it like that.

But no..i didn't like how it ended.
                              GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X