Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    seriously?

anyway, i've heard it has a lot of similarities to stephen king's dark tower series.
    and LOST wasn't the first to be a mind bender - see: Twin Peaks
    Oooooooo I LOVED Twin Peaks! Which is a series I should order one of these days... but speaking of series on DVD... just got my email that my LOST full series set has been shipped! It should get here in about 5 days! VERY exciting.

And thanks for the reminder of Stephen King's Dark Tower series! I have all of his books, but am SO far behind in reading... and just actually got THE STAND - the unabridged, 1200 pages added edition - which makes this the 3rd or 4th reading of the book, but this time its chock full of so much more! Now there is a series I'd like to see on tv (The mini series is based only on the original abridged edition and did not capture the sense of the whole story). JEREMIAH came closer to that for me... which was an excellent series, imo.
    Last edited by raduzhok; 31 August 2010, 07:40 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Dexter, BSG, and if you're into anime Death Note (also works if you don't like anime - the story is just that brilliant).
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Wow! It arrived today! It's HUGE, complete series boxed set, with a senet game and amazing number of bonus disks included. I have to go out, but will open it later to see everything that is inside. It came in a box that is about the size of one of those trivial pursuit board game sets.

Oh, and does anyone know what the supposed date of the 'crash' was? What month and day?
        Last edited by raduzhok; 01 September 2010, 12:22 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
          Oh, and does anyone know what the supposed date of the 'crash' was? What month and day?
          I believe it was on September 22, 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
            I believe it was on September 22, 2004.
            I know that was the air date. But what was the date the plane was supposed to have crashed in the show? Or was the show doing a 'real time' to coincide with the air date?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              I know that was the air date. But what was the date the plane was supposed to have crashed in the show? Or was the show doing a 'real time' to coincide with the air date?
              Aye the air date and crash date are the same.

Comment

What now? I've been asking myself the same thing. I've just seen the series for the first time, and finished it just shy of 11 weeks, and now I have no idea what to do I'm watching Breaking Bad now, but I'll finish that soon and I'm looking for another large ensemble cast series that's as interesting as LOST.
                SGU has a large cast but I don't think it's as interesting as of yet.
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                  What now? I've been asking myself the same thing. I've just seen the series for the first time, and finished it just shy of 11 weeks, and now I have no idea what to do I'm watching Breaking Bad now, but I'll finish that soon and I'm looking for another large ensemble cast series that's as interesting as LOST.
                  Considering it's Fall Preview (here in the States) there's a ton of shows about to launch their seasons. I doubt there will be even one good show on, but it is something to do, on the what now part... Anyone watching Warehouse 13? I saw a couple of adverts, but haven't really watched any episodes yet.

I got the LOST box set and am going to start re-watching the series starting Sept 22. Looking forward to that. Haven't watched any reruns during the series run, so a lot of it will be almost like new.
                  sigpic

Comment

^ i've seen some of wh13, it's pretty good. it's in its third season now tho, so if you start you might be a bit lost
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                      Great pun (re: being a bit LOST if I'm just joining W13 now) Actually, we starting watching it because Eureka had a character guest on the show, and then vice versa on the follow ep of Eureka. So it caught our attention.

As for what now, after LOST, unless you've watched SG1 a million times, there's 11 (or was that 12?) seasons there, and it's been years since I've seen any of it now a days.
                      That's if you want to stick with Sci Fi. There tons of other shows that have six and seven seasons. We just got Northern Exposure on DVD, so have been working our way through that... no Sci Fi, but then again, there isn't any place in the world I can think of that is a town with such characters as that show.

Oh, wait, there is 'Twin Peaks.' Great series in its day!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X