Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Christmas 2010 Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers for ALL of Series 5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who Christmas 2010 Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers for ALL of Series 5)

Ancient Goddess escaped imprisonment from within the seventh obelisk? The Orient Express? In Space?

'Don't worry, your majesty. We're on our way...'

Thoughts on what Christmas day will bring. If the episode will continue straight from the end of The Big Bang are we to presume it's going to be a mix of ancient egypt stuff (which is always a win in my little blue book) and contemporary christmas?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

That is exactly what I expect the Christmas special to be about, but it is Christmas and the whole exploding Tardis thing needs to be sorted out first so perhaps we may get something else.

sigpic

Comment

Rumours at the minute state that it might involve the Yeti. There's been some concept art created for what the enemy will be.

Spoiler:

For those who don't follow old Who the Yeti, are in actuality alien robots. Their external appearance, that of a huge hairy biped, disguises a small spherical mechanism that provides its motive power. The Yeti serve the Great Intelligence, a disembodied entity from another dimension, which tried to form a physical body in order to conquer the Earth. The Yeti are initially a ruse to scare off curiosity seekers, and later form an army serving the Great Intelligence.

The Great Intelligence and its Yeti minions were thwarted twice by the Doctor's second incarnation, played by Patrick Troughton, in the serials The Abominable Snowmen and The Web of Fear.

Spoiler:
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
        Ancient Goddess escaped imprisonment from within the seventh obelisk? The Orient Express? In Space?

'Don't worry, your majesty. We're on our way...'

Thoughts on what Christmas day will bring. If the episode will continue straight from the end of The Big Bang are we to presume it's going to be a mix of ancient egypt stuff (which is always a win in my little blue book) and contemporary christmas?
        I could understand Moffat not actually doing this one, no matter how good it is, there's no way at all it could be as good as we'd expect it to be.

Has the yeti actually been confirmed for the specials? It might be a Season Six villain

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          I could understand Moffat not actually doing this one, no matter how good it is, there's no way at all it could be as good as we'd expect it to be.

Has the yeti actually been confirmed for the specials? It might be a Season Six villain
          It might be. But since christmas is the next one up that's the current assumption.........besides............Christmas..........Yeti.................it just fits somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Rumours at the minute state that it might involve the Yeti. There's been some concept art created for what the enemy will be.

Spoiler:

For those who don't follow old Who the Yeti, are in actuality alien robots. Their external appearance, that of a huge hairy biped, disguises a small spherical mechanism that provides its motive power. The Yeti serve the Great Intelligence, a disembodied entity from another dimension, which tried to form a physical body in order to conquer the Earth. The Yeti are initially a ruse to scare off curiosity seekers, and later form an army serving the Great Intelligence.

The Great Intelligence and its Yeti minions were thwarted twice by the Doctor's second incarnation, played by Patrick Troughton, in the serials The Abominable Snowmen and The Web of Fear.

Spoiler:
            Ahh, and here's me remember the BBC releasing a statement long before Series 5 which said to expect newer, scarier villians in the new show. We'll see how this fares.
            Originally posted by pbellosom View Post

Indeed, but I think that everyone in the end of The Big Bang was very well dressed for a christmas special. The Doctor looked very victorian/Charles Dickens-esque in his wedding attendee suit.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

I hope its the Yeti's they were the first villains in old Who that i saw

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Thanks ive been looking for that picture
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I get the feeling that the whole Orient Express thing is just a rouse to cover up the real special. The Orient Express in space feels like something RTD would do, not Moffat. We've already had an Xmas special set on the Titanic in space, so...
                We also had Cyberman 'yetis' in The Next Doctor Xmas special, too.
                How about... Rory and Amy return to Venice to spend their honeymoon only to be interrupted by the womanizing Casanova... and aliens.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  I get the feeling that the whole Orient Express thing is just a rouse to cover up the real special. The Orient Express in space feels like something RTD would do, not Moffat. We've already had an Xmas special set on the Titanic in space, so...
                  How about... Rory and Amy return to Venice to spend their honeymoon only to be interrupted by the womanizing Casanova... and aliens.
                  The cybershades weren't really yetis.......the actual Yeti are far cooler. They were always a bit of minor enemy has doctor who villains go, but a good one. Besides with any luck it'll mean that UNIT may be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    That's on the lines of which I was thinking. I wondered if he was having a bit of a laugh, Perhaps an "in-joke" sort of thing.

Comment

Unit suck. Or at least RTD's Unit did.

sigpic

Comment

I disagree. UNIT are awesome regardless. However RTD did give them some flaws. Moffat would make them awesome again though.

Comment

I disagree. UNIT are awesome regardless. However RTD did give them some flaws. Moffat would make them awesome again though.
                          RTD's Doctor Who UNIT sucked.

RTD Torchwood's UNIT kicked major ass.

The only good thing about UNIT in RTD's Doctor Who was Colonel Mace, who kicked ass. Everything else, including their appearance as some sort of police organisation was a bit rubbish. Though the Valient worked...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I liked them....

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              That's on the lines of which I was thinking. I wondered if he was having a bit of a laugh, Perhaps an "in-joke" sort of thing.
                              My thoughts exactly.
                              In keeping with the fairy tale theme that seems to follow Amy around, I can picture the Xmas special set in Victorian London in the middle of winter... with three alien 'ghosts'.
                              Has the Doctor fought the Ghosts of Xmas Past, Present and Future yet? He should!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X