My Journey through Supernatural - episode by episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S01E07 - Hookman

An enjoyable episode for sure... but couldn't help thinking "I know what you did summer" the whole way through the episode, ironic given my mention of that film in the previous episode review.

Really this episode I liked purely for being able to use a shotgun with rock salt against ghosts, definetly should be seen in later episodes I hope.

The setting was very cliché, the hook man was somewhat interesting... the acting was pretty standard...

Overall, not a bad episode, but it just doesn't stand out..

7/10
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

S01E08 - Bugs

"We accept home owners of any race, religion, colour or..... sexual orientation."

Not a bad episode, but not great..

At 8 episodes in now I really find myself feeling how I did watching the first few seasons of Smallville where every single episode except for the season finale was a once off 'kyrptanite freak' that clark accidentally killed. I know theres the 'looking for daddy' overture but still Im waiting to get a more serious story arc, which from what Ive heard happens in later seasons. Its not that Im not enjoying it, I just don't find myself rushing to watch the next one as I do with so many other shows.

But anyway back to this episode, good.. it was interesting to see a villian that wasn't really a villian, just a force of nature that they couldn't fight that just had to be avoided, and Sam's daddy issues were elaborated on which was nice and people confusing them for a gay couple... somehow I bet there was a lot of fans watching that saying "Oh if only"

Overall, pretty good episode, that definetly creeped me out a bit... bugs.. ugh

7/10

Comment

S01E09 - Home

"I feel just awful about the poor mans hand, but how can I be held liable???"

And lo and behold.. as soon as I mention that I want more then a once off baddie of the week episode Supernatural goes on and delivers

Fantastic episode, really great, kept me on the edge of my seat and even threw in a twist at the end with the mothers spirit, and the return of the father, awesome stuff.

The poltergeist itself was even somewhat freaky, and I love that the writers made it so that Sam and Dean are from Kansas, Im sure theres some vague Wizard Of Oz methaphor there..

Missouri Mosley made for a very entertaining guest spot, especially how she was toward Dean, I really hope we get to see more of her. Sam's abilites beginning to develop is very interesting too. Im glad that the writers are adding more to the continuity of the show then the mythology of monsters and ghosts and that they're weaving a rich tapastry for Sam and Dean too, that they're going to be more then monster hunters at some point, and knowing that Ive 5 seasons ahead of me for the big dogs behind the show to do all that... ohhh excitement

Overall, excellent episode. Best so far

10/10
        Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 05 July 2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I think you mean Wizard of Oz with the Kansas connection.

Congrats on getting through Bugs, considered by many, including the writers to be one of their weakest episodes to date. You were actually very generous with your rating on that one!

I'm excited FOR you, knowing you are starting to get to the more exceptional episodes of season 1, like Home. I'm glad you could recognise what a step up it was, it tells me that that you have good taste and I am probably going to agree with you a lot on your journey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            I think you mean Wizard of Oz with the Kansas connection.
            It was almost 5 in the morning, Im suprised my post was even literate lol

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
              S01E08 - Bugs

"We accept home owners of any race, religion, colour or..... sexual orientation."
              that cracked me up every time
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                that cracked me up every time
                haha ya, Im trying to find some quote like that in every episode that stands out, the one from Home.. is great I think

Comment

haha ya, Im trying to find some quote like that in every episode that stands out, the one from Home.. is great I think
                  I think they're having some fun with the people that like to write slash
                  sigpic

Comment

S01E10 - Asylum

"Don't be afraid, Im going to make you all better"

Supernatural is finally starting to pick up

Even though this was a purely once off story, it started and began with a connection to their father which was great.. Plus this episode was freaky as ****

Loved the asylum setting, considering that I was raised on Resident Evil and Silent Hill back on the PS1 how could I not! The set design was flawless too, and the acting pretty good and the plot wasn't a rollarcoaster ride, it kept me watching. Not much else to say.. loved that it was a shotgun heavy episode, somewhat interesting that the ghosts of the patients weren't the problem but the ghost of the doctor was...

Overall, good episode, great once off adventure

8/10
                    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 07 July 2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

S01E11 - Scarecrow

"Dude, you fugly"

Another great episode... really getting impressed with the show now.

Fantastic villian, a pagan god that the village folk sacrafice people passing though to for prosperity. Not the most original of plots, but it was well done and had the whole Sam, Dean and Papa Winchester subplot so made for a very entertaining episode.

And Meg... who the **** is Meg... finally a proper reacurring villian bout time... She was brilliant, funny, intriging, full of mystery and apparently completely evil so that should make for a few good episodes later on.. looking forward to more Meg.. though the name meg just makes me think Family Guy.. Ive said Meg too many times in my head now and its done that thing where its lost all meaning.. Meg... Meg... anyway..

Overall brilliant episode, with plenty of meg which it would seem I love.

9/10

Comment

that's funny, I watched Asylum and Scarecrow last night
                        The setting in Asylum was fantastic and really led to the whole scary as hell feel of the ep. One scary looking scarecrow *shudder*
                        sigpic

Comment

I think one of the scariest moments in the whole series for me is when Dean gets right up into that scarecrow's face. I still can't watch it with eyes fully open. And I think it was in the season 1 companion book where they were also talking about that scene, saying how it's funny just how scary that it is to watch....and NOTHING even happens!

Comment

The scarecrow was really freaky..... the face especially... really reminded of that film... which I can't think of the name for, about the guy that steals peoples body parts, he drives a freaky truck... there was something about a well and he used to hang out in fields too hmmmm

Comment

What I never really got about that episode was the significance of the tattoo. Did that mean the scarecrow was the guy they sacrificed? Or did they use parts of him to dress it?

sigpic
                              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

The scarecrow was really freaky..... the face especially... really reminded of that film... which I can't think of the name for, about the guy that steals peoples body parts, he drives a freaky truck... there was something about a well and he used to hang out in fields too hmmmm
                                Jeepers Creepers

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                                What I never really got about that episode was the significance of the tattoo. Did that mean the scarecrow was the guy they sacrificed? Or did they use parts of him to dress it?
                                yep, I think they used the body, or at least parts of the body for the scarecrow *shudders again*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X