No announcement yet.

My Journey through Supernatural - episode by episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you're at it again! Yeah, that ep was full of twists and turns. I wonder if we see another werewolf in S6...

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

S02E18 - Hollywood Babylon

Why would a ghost be afraid of salt?

HIGH-LARIOUS! Really loved this episode, it was great to see a humour orientated episode for a change, and this was brilliant, the stuff with McG was great, and the Gilmore Girls allusions and everything was just great

The villian was somewhat unbelievable though, like they change his script so he goes on a killing spree.... but meh the episode as a whole was still great though. Loved that Dean got the ride in the end! Aboy Dean haha

Overall, great episode, villian was a let down..

8/10
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Yeah, the story doesn't hold up great if you look at it too closely. But in these humourous ones, you just have to roll with it and enjoy the fun. Sounds like you were able to appreciate it for what it was which is good!

This is also an ep that gets funnier the more you learn about the show, because there are SO many less obvious in-jokes to supplement the overt ones.

Comment

I'm totally new to Supernatural,(one month) just started watching the first seasons being rerun on cable and trying to catch up, so your diagnosis of the episodes is really helping show me what I might have missed and reminding me of what I enjoyed about each of the same episodes you've listed. And it's just been fun reading what you have to say about episodes I've just seen.
          EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by star47 View Post
            I'm totally new to Supernatural,(one month) just started watching the first seasons being rerun on cable and trying to catch up, so your diagnosis of the episodes is really helping show me what I might have missed and reminding me of what I enjoyed about each of the same episodes you've listed. And it's just been fun reading what you have to say about episodes I've just seen.
            Yay! New victi....I mean, new fan!!! Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
              Yay! New victi....I mean, new fan!!! Enjoy the ride!
              I cant' believe how quickly I've become obsessed, it took me longer to get that much into Stargate and other shows, but I just love the brotherly connection which is what drew me in and now I'm also enjoying the story lines. Just ordered all 5 seasons on DVD, so pretty soon, I'll catch up to everything in correct order.
              EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Just finished season 2. I popped in my blu for season 3 a few seconds ago. I really like this show.
                sigpic
                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Apologies for being gone for so long. Im in my final year of university and I was knee deep in work for my final year project (deep water sponge associated bacteria, less boring then it sounds actually)

Anywho.. where was I..

S02E19 - Folsom Prison Blues

"Don't worry, Sam. I promise I won't trade you for smokes"

Okayish ep, there was nothing special about it. Pretty much your standard supernatural episode with a prison twist. The villian meh. There really isn't much to say. Nothing wrong with the episode but aside from the setting theres nothing memorable about it.

5/10

S2E20 - What Is And What Should Never Be

"I'm dating a nurse? That is so... respectable!"

Absolutely fantastic, the presmise is something done to death but loved it in this ep, and it was hilarious to top it off. Really liked the villian, it was great that it was just basically LSD and blood draining as opposed to actually granting wishes, good special effects. Best part about this ep was the end I though, when Dead said something along the lines of why do I have to save everyone. Really liked that, and it's something that would have to be addressed for these characters. No problems with the ep really... but I feel a perfect score could be too generous...

9/10

S02E21 & 22 - All Hell Breaks Loose

"Sam... you're not mad at me, are you?"

Finally got around to finishing season 2, it feels like I was completing a marathon at this stage but I made it. Great ender, more yellow eyed demon, loved the village setting for part 1 and how everything with the colt was worked into it, the episode stank of quality writing, in the best possible way Not quite the cliffhanger of season 1 but still enough to make me dig into season 3 asap

Overall great 2 parter, by no means perfect but very very good

8/10

Season 2 overall, was significantly better then season 1 I thought, the stories were better, the villians and settings were more creative and theres a lot more mythology there which I think is great.

Comment

S03E01 - The Magnificant Seven

"So, we're eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?"

Excellent episode, again bit sad there wasn't some crazy cliffhanger like season 1 but Im not going to complain too much cos one was a dinger, the seven deadly sins, great concept... and sexy ruby!? Finally cos my friends KEEP mentioning her and I just have to nod along politely throwing in the occasional "Oh Yeah"
                    Loved the ep, they had to do a demon story next and they did a dinger. Tamara was a great addition for the episode... Ive seen her in something else but I can't place her... (To IMDB... Footballers wives I saw her in... minus 2 nerd points)

The whole thing with dean selling his soul is getting a bit old though, its a very very obvious plot device to work in ruby, and its only been one episode I already want Sam to stop moaning about it.. we'll see how things go..

Overall, fantastic episode, great season opener

9/10

Comment

Working...
                    X