Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default Re: "The Hunt" (216) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread *Spoilers*

Someone posted on Mallozzi's blog that The Hunt is the episode with TJ's back-story.

Default Re: "The Hunt" (216) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread *Spoilers*

Since Atlantis had their 'Aliens' homage episode I'm hoping that this is a 'Predator' homage episode. Seeing Greer fight a 'Predator' would be one of the most awesome moments in history.

Doci of the BAG

Quote Originally Posted by Kermee View Post
    Someone posted on Mallozzi's blog that The Hunt is the episode with TJ's back-story.
    Yes, finally! I've been waiting for her backstory for ages. And seeing it's 16th episode, waiting for "The Hunt" is going to take equally as long.

[...] In the downtime between shots, I’ll no doubt be working on those final few pages of my script, The Hunt, which I seem to have stalled out on near the end of Act IV. [...]
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-back-to-work/

Had our sit-down with the Art and Construction departments today about the new late season set we’ll be discovering in my episode, The Hunt. We talked playback, atmosphere, functionality, and numbers – some of which will play in episode 16, most of which will very late in the season.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ls-new-office/

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermee View Post
    Who posted it? Was it just a wishful comment, or was it a reliable fact?

Quote Originally Posted by major davis View Post
    The question to which Kermee is referring, is found in the comment section for this post, I think:
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-and-cosplay/

However, I don't think that question was ever answered by JM himself.

Still, Kermee's statement is probably right as on July 27, JM wrote:
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-rant-mailbag/
    E writes: “Is it true that there will finally be a TJ backstory episode in the back half of season 2?”

Answer: Working on it right now.
    So logical deduction makes me conclude that since JM is writing the script for "The Hunt", that this will indeed be the episode with some TJ back story. However, this doesn't mean this will be the only episode with TJ back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jper View Post
    The question to which Kermee is referring, is found in the comment section for this post, I think:
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-and-cosplay/

However, I don't think that question was ever answered by JM himself.

So logical deduction makes me conclude that since JM is writing the script for "The Hunt", that this will indeed be the episode with some TJ back story. However, this doesn't mean this will be the only episode with TJ back story.
    OHHH. I remember that now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jper View Post
    And what made me ask that question was AH mentioning a few times, that she's heard there might be a TJ episode in the back half of S2. Sounds like a sure thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by major davis View Post
    Is there such a thing as an unreliable fact?

Quote Originally Posted by EllieVee View Post
    Is there such a thing as an unreliable fact?
    HAHA... Sorry.

heh first thing I did was to check what episode Remnants was and whether I liked it or not, having checked I'm less excited about The Hunt since Remnants was a steaming pile of ****

Colonel

What's the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    What's the connection?
    Read the starting post sir.

Colonel

Meh, I wouldn't read much into that, it probably just means they're bringing back an actor he likes or something. Maybe Kiva didn't die in Intervention, she escaped and has been gate-hopping ever since! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Sami_ View Post
    heh first thing I did was to check what episode Remnants was and whether I liked it or not, having checked I'm less excited about The Hunt since Remnants was a steaming pile of ****
    Really? I thought Remnants was quite good.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't read much into that, it probably just means they're bringing back an actor he likes or something. Maybe Kiva didn't die in Intervention, she escaped and has been gate-hopping ever since! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!
    Nah I wasn't was just a playful jab at JM.

Remnants is a weird episode to recall as "most excited since" though.

Colonel

That's why I'm guessing it would have something to do with an actor, the most notable 'exciting' thing about Remnants for Joe I expect would have been having Robert Davi (Kolya) back. Having said that, the actress who plays Chloe's mother was in that episode too...

i thought Remnants was an awesome episode. well apart from the sekkari part (their look).

i think The Hunt is gonna be like Time. well without time travel, but similar; a Kinomentary (is that even a word?)-style episode, where they're on the look for an alien creature which kidnapped one of their own

Delivered by first draft of The Hunt this afternoon. This one is going to have a bit of everything: exotic locations, tricky builds, cool visual effects, and, of course, one hell of an episode budget.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ments-mailbag/