Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Colonel

Default Re: "The Hunt" (216) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread *Spoilers*

I sort of hoped 'The Hunt' was a typo...

Chief Master Sergeant Scott7070's Avatar

Default Re: "The Hunt" (216) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Update:
    Time flies when you’re having fun – or when you’re not prepping that script until September, meaning you don’t have to finish your first draft until well after your return from hiatus. On the bright side, I finished the Tease and it’s a pretty damn good one, the kind the network loves: Jeopardy! Jeopardy! Jeopardy! This is going to be one of those episodes (like Malice and Cloverdale) that will be mostly shot on location, meaning there’ll be no ducking back up to the office for a quick break between set-ups. Guess I’ll be bringing my work – and chocolate – with me. Also, bug spray may not be a bad idea. I’m sure the experience will not be unlike that fab week I spent with Will Waring on the set of SGA’s Harmony all the way over at Widgeon Park – except that, in this case, the location under discussion is a much more manageable fifteen minutes or so drive from the studio.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ies-2-mailbag/
    Well... to me that seems like an episode set in a jungle - a proper hunt! I'm thinking 'Predator' right now, lol.

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7070 View Post
    Well... to me that seems like an episode set in a jungle - a proper hunt! I'm thinking 'Predator' right now, lol.
    Yea... and the concept drawing for that alien looked intense.... The question.. Is the crew hunting the monster... or is the monster hunting the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by major davis View Post
    Yea... and the concept drawing for that alien looked intense.... The question.. Is the crew hunting the monster... or is the monster hunting the crew.
    You mean the pic from JM's blog? I thought that alien is not going to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    You mean the pic from JM's blog? I thought that alien is not going to be used.
    Still... It gives a bit of a hint to what they're going for.

If the alien looks alien, then I'm happy.

I think the alien in that image is meant to represent a 'boar' like animal. It is clearly designed to be crawling along the floor, probably sniffing out food along the floor. Even if they don't use this particular alien, that's clearly the outcome they want and so this must be a 'crew hunts alien' episode, and probably for meat! With all the LA firepower now onboard, Young won't have to limit the ammo so much heh?

General

Small update:

Some progress on the script front. Who says SGU isn’t funny?
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-atlantis-ii/

Quote Originally Posted by pg15 View Post
    small update:

some progress on the script front. Who says sgu isn’t funny?
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-atlantis-ii/
    greer!!!!!

Colonel

Can't say I'm too pleased about the noises coming from Mallozzi. The storylines sound like something from SG-1 or Atlantis, rather than SGU...

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    Can't say I'm too pleased about the noises coming from Mallozzi. The storylines sound like something from SG-1 or Atlantis, rather than SGU...
    What makes you think that?

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

What makes you think that?
    Negativity.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Negativity.
    Suggestions..

The fact that it seems there will be

Humor
    Vancouver forest offworld action
    Monsters

I think its a fallacy to assume that because those three factors are present, it will feel like SGA and not at all like SGU.

Suggestions..

The fact that it seems there will be

Humor
    Vancouver forest offworld action
    Monsters

I think its a fallacy to assume that because those three factors are present, it will feel like SGA and not at all like SGU.
    Nah, if it had humans as aliens instead of monsters, then it'd be more like SGA.

Nah, if it had humans as aliens instead of monsters, then it'd be more like SGA.
    True... I was mearly suggesting why KEK felt the way she did.

Colonel

She?

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Negativity.
    It's not negativity. SGu has generally been more about the characters than anything else, early on before season 1 had aired we were hearing about characters going home using the communication stones to see loved ones, the ethics of a paraplegic character using the stones, the characters fears being revealing in the form of hallucinations, divisions amongst the crew etc. But so for for season 2 we've heard more about spaceships and aliens and AU stories than anything else. I may be proven wrong, but from the details so far they don't sound like they're exploring the human condition as much, it's actually sounding more and more generic.

General

Well then, you'll be happy to know what Pathogen has in store.

Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Well then, you'll be happy to know what Pathogen has in store.
    And probably Aftermath.

Progress on the script front. This morning, I finished Act II of The Hunt, working out the troublesome dialogue – as I often do – while driving. I hope to hit the 30 page mark by end of week, then the 40 page mark by end of next week. By the time I return to the office, it should be smoooooooooth sailing. Of course, I won’t be able to do any actual writing because, with Paul prepping Alliances, my presence will be required on set to make sure actor Peter Kelamis doesn’t finish off all the craft service sandwiches again. Still, I should have the script – with its A, B, C, and D stories – in pretty good shape by the end of August. [...]
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...oilers-abound/