No announcement yet.

Dale Volker/Patrick Gilmore Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Gilmore is such a nice guy, a joy to chat to. He was up for some silliness at a Fan Party held during a convention in Vancouver in April.

Here he is with his 'science partner' in SGU; Peter Kelamis (Adam Brody) I really like his character and Brody, also really.... really hope they are not killed off!

Comment

those two really crack me right the hell up
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Okay, this one I just needed to post it here
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          Thanks for posting that. Hilarious picture. That's similar to the expression I have on my face when the alarm on my cell phone ways me up abruptly from a dream. My hair is not nearly as long as Gilmore's though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            I think we've all been there at least once
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

He is awesome, and I love Volker more every episode. His "new friends . . . yay" comment on the last episode was delivered absolutely perfectly.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Okay, with my other favourite recurring characters now dead - it should be pretty easy to guess who - I think Volker is really stepping up to the plate and becoming a favourite of mine. It's been one of the more subtle character warmings I've felt - sorta like Scott early in the season. But I gotta say why, so here we go:

Spoiler:
                Looking back, it's been a process of elimination thing. Riley was always my favourite secondary character, but I always loved the science group - Park, Brody and Volker. Not so much Franklin, but he's better now than he was. But still, Park's reading put her on top first off because of the sheer matter-of-fact way she did it back in Life, and then her positive comments in Faith were great. Brody was always a bit of negative guy, but I still love the deadpan humour about him.

Onto Volker: Pain probably helped a lot. Great performance by Patrick, and it really played off the fact the character seemed to be hiding some unstable nature in the background, as shown in Life with TJ's interview. Then there was this Kino episode, The Apple Core, which was pure awesome Volker teasing Brody about the Apple Core. Now, in season two, what first caught my attention was Pathogen, when he defended Park from Simeon's little comment in the cafeteria. Dude looked ready to go all out and beat Simeon's ass.

Malice was fantastic for Volker, almost as much as it was fantastic for Eli or Rush. Seriously, the gateroom hostage scene and the ones in the bridge were great. Whether or not he has feelings for Park isn't really a big issue - even if he likes her as a friend, there's something great about his loyalty and willingness to throw himself on the fire for her. I hadn't really noticed him until this, and now I'm going to be on the lookout for him some more. With Riley, Perry and Ginn all deadsies, Volker's all that's left among the favourite recurrers. At least I'm sure he'll survive to the end of season two...
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Okay, with my other favourite recurring characters now dead - it should be pretty easy to guess who - I think Volker is really stepping up to the plate and becoming a favourite of mine. It's been one of the more subtle character warmings I've felt - sorta like Scott early in the season. But I gotta say why, so here we go:

Spoiler:
                  Looking back, it's been a process of elimination thing. Riley was always my favourite secondary character, but I always loved the science group - Park, Brody and Volker. Not so much Franklin, but he's better now than he was. But still, Park's reading put her on top first off because of the sheer matter-of-fact way she did it back in Life, and then her positive comments in Faith were great. Brody was always a bit of negative guy, but I still love the deadpan humour about him.

Onto Volker: Pain probably helped a lot. Great performance by Patrick, and it really played off the fact the character seemed to be hiding some unstable nature in the background, as shown in Life with TJ's interview. Then there was this Kino episode, The Apple Core, which was pure awesome Volker teasing Brody about the Apple Core. Now, in season two, what first caught my attention was Pathogen, when he defended Park from Simeon's little comment in the cafeteria. Dude looked ready to go all out and beat Simeon's ass.

Malice was fantastic for Volker, almost as much as it was fantastic for Eli or Rush. Seriously, the gateroom hostage scene and the ones in the bridge were great. Whether or not he has feelings for Park isn't really a big issue - even if he likes her as a friend, there's something great about his loyalty and willingness to throw himself on the fire for her. I hadn't really noticed him until this, and now I'm going to be on the lookout for him some more. With Riley, Perry and Ginn all deadsies, Volker's all that's left among the favourite recurrers. At least I'm sure he'll survive to the end of season two...
                  Spoiler:
                  Riley & Volker were my two favorite secondaries—that is, until Riley was out of the picture. Given the deaths we've seen, I think that somewhere down the line, Volker may get eliminated as well. I certainly hope not though.

The recent deaths certainly created a lot of impact. It certainly left me wondering whether the other secondaries were going to get killed off in Malice. But Volker had great moments there like you said.
                  sigpic

Comment

new friends..... yay
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Now, in season two, what first caught my attention was Pathogen, when he defended Park from Simeon's little comment in the cafeteria. Dude looked ready to go all out and beat Simeon's ass.
                      I didn't notice this the first time around, I'll have to rewatch the scene, then. I remember it now that you mention it, but I was more focused on Greer's reaction at the time.

Spoiler:
                      Seriously, the gateroom hostage scene and the ones in the bridge were great. Whether or not he has feelings for Park isn't really a big issue - even if he likes her as a friend, there's something great about his loyalty and willingness to throw himself on the fire for her.
                      This. I began to really pay attention to Patrick Gilmore's performance as Volker after being blown away by his understated portrayal of Trennan on Riese. He really gives a nuanced performance, and the hostage scene really highlights it. He truly conveyed a sense of helplessness at the situation.
                      Last edited by jasminaGo; 22 November 2010, 12:56 AM. Reason: fixing spoiler tags
                      . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

This week I was watching Fringe and suddenly I thought "Wait, I know that actor!" It was Patrick Gilmore
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

Pics from the SGU S2 Wrap Party:
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-2-wrap-party/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And another one with Asleigh and LF

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Patrick Gilmore in the snow:

http://twitpic.com/389pms

http://twitpic.com/3clru0

Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

there's a thread at GW about who is our favourite scientist - you could vote for Volker

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6#post12183326
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Source: MGM

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Patrick Gilmore
                                Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X