Dale Volker/Patrick Gilmore Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale Volker/Patrick Gilmore Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Thought that I would start a thread for Patrick Gilmore/Dale Volkar as I didn't see one in the list of threads.

Feel free to post away.

I'll start off by saying Patrick is one very awesome person! I just happened to twitter him a picture of a Stargate Ring that I had made out of Duct tape, and that it was what I had done for my birthday yesterday. And about not even ten minutes later I notice I have a PM. And then whe I see it, I noticed that it was from Patrick! And here is what he wrote:

"Hey!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! Wow, you spent a lot of time on that Stargate. Cool detail. "

I couldn't hardly believe it when I saw it. Man is he ever sweet!

I may post a pic of the gate later when I get a chance.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

I love Patrick! He's amazing on Twitter. Such a nice guy!

Comment

In the secondary cast he is one of my favorite expacially after his Mozart comment in Darkness
      p.s. Belated Happy Birthday
      sigpic

Comment

That's really cool, SG7! there's nothing more thunkable than a genuinely decent guy
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Great that finally somebody add him to the list!

Sorry to all, I don't want to be fussy, but his name is Dale Volker, not Volkar. And Volker has a PhD, unlike Adam Brody, as far as I know.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
            I love Patrick! He's amazing on Twitter. Such a nice guy!
            That he is. I wished him happy birthday on his birthday, a few weeks ago or so. And he then replied back later that day in a PM to thank me for wishing him happy birthday. Wasn't expecting him to so I was a little surprised when he had.

Just like this time. I had just posted the pic for him to see and enjoy and didn't expect him to actually reply back. So it was cool when he had.

There are a couple on twitter that I have actually been chatting with lately at times and am not at all surprised when the tweet back to me (BamBam is one of them and Alaina has been the other). Others I do get surprised when they tweet back. That is what I find good about twitter. It is a non threatening way (unless you start posting umpteen dozen tweets to a person in a day) to send messages to the cast and crew. And they can choose to respond back if they want to or not. As it is pretty much known not to expect any replies back. And that's what I do. I just message them occasionally in response to something they have said or if I have something to share. And if they do reply back then cool. If not, no big deal.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Love Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                Love Patrick.
                Yeh he is definately very sweet from what I can tell.

And for those who are interested, he is in a film called "Year of the Carnivore" where he has a role playing a guy named Todd. I don't believe he is one of the main characters, but he did tweet yesterday that the film opens this weekend in Canada. Not sure if that means that it isn't opening elsewhere, or what. I posted to him on twitter asking that so hopefully he lets me know.

Edit: Got a PM on twitter from Patrick indicating that he would let us know if he is able to find out if "Year of the Carnivore" is being aired Stateside as well as Canada.
                Last edited by SG7; 26 June 2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Nice to know, he is one of my favorite characters on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    Nice to know, he is one of my favorite characters on this show.
                    If you like him, then you may also like to follow him on twitter. His twitter info is @PatrickGilmore

Most of the time I wouldn't expect him to tweet back but a couple of times he had DM'd me (sent me a direct message via twitter, though I couldn't reply back as only those whom he follows can DM so I just tweeted back instead). Which I was totally surprised about each time.

Of the secondary cast, I would definately enjoy meeting him. Would be cool to be able to get him to sign my duct taped stargate as he did tell me that he thought it was cool and that I had put a lot of detail into it!

He is also in a Disney film that I think was made for TV called "16 Wishes". He has tweeted about it a few times. Doesn't sound like he has a major role, but was in the movie. Haven't seen it as I think it was on a channel I don't get. As I don't have cable.

Comment

http://twitpic.com/2x36jd

from Gilmore's twitter account
                      Last edited by mi_guard; 15 October 2010, 12:56 PM. Reason: added URL - hope this time it works
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

http://twitpic.com/2zvdsz
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

I cant shake the feeling that he may get killed on the show sometime soon... its a Stargate tradition to wack someone just for funs and it happened to main characters on previous show to.

I just dont want them to murder another one of my favorite characters like they did to Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                            I cant shake the feeling that he may get killed on the show sometime soon... its a Stargate tradition to wack someone just for funs and it happened to main characters on previous show to.

I just dont want them to murder another one of my favorite characters like they did to Riley.
                            With Volker being one of the more likable secondaries on the show, I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up like Riley. After Aftermath, I think all of the secondaries, including Telford, are fairing game for getting scragged at virtually any time. Kiva died very abruptly and of course there was Riley. I'm thinking that either Varro or another secondary character will be killed off sometime this season. Hopefully it won't be Volker.
                            sigpic

Comment

I nearly did not recognize him
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X