This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien sidekick for SGU

What kind of Alien do you think would make a great sidekick for the SGU team?
    sigpic

Ancient.

They won't put any aliens on the show, funding and whatnot. But some people will argue the Lucian Alliance are aliens even though they're just humanoid and were just cast due to budget.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Ancient.

They won't put any aliens on the show, funding and whatnot. But some people will argue the Lucian Alliance are aliens even though they're just humanoid and were just cast due to budget.
      Thats because they are. Alien infers someone not from Earth. As it stands I don't want aliens in SGU. It kind of taints the show
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        Ancient.

So cheap aliens! No imaginary snake in the gut or gold coin glued to the forehead cheap. More like we just look like you and speak english cheap! How about an alien that can't speak english(or wont) and carries a leafblower as a weapon?
        Last edited by fmbchris; 24 June 2010, 03:22 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Someone who would highlight all our flaws instead of our strengths, like a Lucian Alliance member.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Someone who would highlight all our flaws instead of our strengths, like a Lucian Alliance member.
            Yep! Thats more like what your going to get with SGU. This show is a lot of work!
            sigpic

Comment

Alien Sidekick? Isn't that suppose to be some kind of aliens animals? For example, an ancient or a blue alien can't be a sidekick but part of the main characters or secondary characters. I think Scotty in the new Star Trek had an alien sidekick.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I think it would make a refreshing change not to have an alien sidekick. I would really like the aliens to stay 'alien' and unfathomable and the humans to the aliens in turn. I'm getting a bit fed up with the 'alien trying to understand humans and their customs' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fmbchris View Post
                  Yep! Thats more like what your going to get with SGU. This show is a lot of work!
                  yeah, totally agreed

Comment

Originally posted by fmbchris View Post
                    What kind of Alien do you think would make a great sidekick for the SGU team?
                    none
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      none
                      Agreed.

But if they were gonna go that route, a Lucian Alliance member would work. Someone like Varro. But not as a main character, recurring at most.
                      sigpic

Comment

An alien character would be great especially if he got a different culture and perspective on moral dilemma and life than humans.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                          Alien Sidekick? Isn't that suppose to be some kind of aliens animals? For example, an ancient or a blue alien can't be a sidekick but part of the main characters or secondary characters. I think Scotty in the new Star Trek had an alien sidekick.
                          Yes this would include the Chewbacca type and Chaka type. Scotty was a drunk.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Thats because they are. Alien infers someone not from Earth. As it stands I don't want aliens in SGU. It kind of taints the show
                            Well they did originate from earth and don't show any physical differences, if we colonized mars do those people suddenly become aliens because they are removed from earth?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              I think it would make a refreshing change not to have an alien sidekick. I would really like the aliens to stay 'alien' and unfathomable and the humans to the aliens in turn. I'm getting a bit fed up with the 'alien trying to understand humans and their customs' thing.
                              ^^this

I really hope SGU doesn't go the alien sidekick route. The alien sidekick is just a tired way to put off all negative traits onto another species so that humanity can go to war with the worst in itself, without actually doing the hard work of introspection and honesty. Just as bad is putting all our nobler traits in a superior species so that we can pat ourselves on the back without looking like smug jerks. Thing is, as humans we can be both noble and terrible. We don't need some guy in a rubber mask to take on that role for us.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X