This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ion - News/Discussion/Speculation

Channing Tatum attached to 'Ion' -- Fox's next 'Avatar'? (exclusive)

Right now Fox, through its label Fox 2000, is getting ready to bet on sci-fi again and is the lead contender to pick up an original spec script by Will Dunn titled “Ion," which is generating interest from several studios.

Channing Tatum is attached to star in what is labeled a sci-fi romantic epic, with Ridley and Tony Scott attached to produce.

The plot revolves around a man who travels to different Earths and dimensions in order to find his reincarnated lover. Execs are using the magic word -- “Avatar” -- to describe the scope and otherworldly elements of the script.

“Ion” actually made the rounds last year but didn’t take. In the post-"Avatar" Hollywood, however, the script is generating renewed interest. It attracted the interest of the Scott brothers, who helped develop the script further, which then brought in UTA/Management 360-repped Tatum, who could be one of Hollywood’s next leading men. The whole package raised the mercury even higher.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...cott-free.html

Sounds alot like Sliders
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I got a feeling this isn't going to get made and if it is it'll be cancelled a few eps into it's season.

Comment

I'm willing to hear and see more, but "a man who travels to different Earths and dimensions in order to find his reincarnated lover" doesn't sound like something that is going to touch the coat tail of Avatar.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
          I got a feeling this isn't going to get made and if it is it'll be cancelled a few eps into it's season.
          Its a movie.

Comment

Working...
          X