did the Ancients create the Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    This has been discussed to death, and it's been made abundantly clear that they never intended for their transplanted humans to end up as Iratus bug food. Like how we never intended to kill off thousands of species on Earth but it happened anyway.
    my point is that that kind of evolution would take more time then was given. the only way it would be possible is if it was artificially helped along.
    also inorder for the bugs to be able to feed on humans they would need to evolve themselves in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Mckay221 View Post
      my point is that that kind of evolution would take more time then was given. the only way it would be possible is if it was artificially helped along.
      also inorder for the bugs to be able to feed on humans they would need to evolve themselves in the first place
      The bugs were in the galaxy before the Ancients arived.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I don't know if this was ever stated or not, but I have a good guess as to how they evolved so quickly. The Wraith have great immunological properties, as well as regenerative, which is what allows them to live so long and survive as much as they do. This same property may allow them to evolve much, much, much quicker.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Irratus Bug was native to Pegasus, Lanteans arrive in Pegasus. They start to colonnise the Galaxy.

At some point Lantens got fed upon by these bugs and they managed to evolve into wraith, its a mystery how it happened so quickly but I think the bugs natural regeneration had something to do with it.

In essence the Lanteans inadvertadly created the Wraith, but an accident......... Ancients and big accidents heh

Comment

Originally posted by Mckay221 View Post
            I love Atlantis more then most people which is why i thought of this, and it has to do with the wraith. We all know that they evolved from those bugs who's name i can't spell. Those bugs would have to evolve them selves to feed off humans then evolve more to become the human form wraith. Then after all that is done, they have to invent all their tech.
            The problem I have is that it is impossible for all of this to happen in a few million years. To go from a bug to human form would take billions of years. But this would be possible if the evelution was "helped" along artificially. I think this is possible, I mean look at all their other major, pointless and deadly screw ups
            Didn't create, but helped their survival.
            - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
              I don't know if this was ever stated or not, but I have a good guess as to how they evolved so quickly. The Wraith have great immunological properties, as well as regenerative, which is what allows them to live so long and survive as much as they do. This same property may allow them to evolve much, much, much quicker.
              Or we could look at what happened to Sheppard, and concur that a similar reaction happened to the Lanteans and/or humans that were fed on.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I forget what episode it was, but they said that the ancients did indirectly create the Wraith. And i specificly remember the line "destroyed by their own creation" - McKay.
                Premium fruits from chulac
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Yu View Post
                  I forget what episode it was, but they said that the ancients did indirectly create the Wraith. And i specificly remember the line "destroyed by their own creation" - McKay.
                  That might be about the replicators in 'the return'.

Comment

It was mentioned in The Gift that maybe the ancients had a hand in creating the wraith and then in the Return Part 1, Woolsey mentions to Helia that the ancients admitted to inadvertenly creating the wraith. so yes they did.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      It was mentioned in The Gift that maybe the ancients had a hand in creating the wraith and then in the Return Part 1, Woolsey mentions to Helia that the ancients admitted to inadvertenly creating the wraith. so yes they did.
                      By accident yes, but not on purpose

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        I believe escyos addressed that when he said "inadvertently".
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                          Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          I believe escyos addressed that when he said "inadvertently".
                          Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          It was mentioned in The Gift that maybe the ancients had a hand in creating the wraith and then in the Return Part 1, Woolsey mentions to Helia that the ancients admitted to inadvertently creating the wraith. so yes they did.

Comment

Yes and no they put humans on the planets then the iratus bug got the humans and i think the DNA kinda mixed.

Comment

I've compiled a different theory, but instead of writing it all out here I'll just post the link.

here
                              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by KingWasabi View Post
                                Yes and no they put humans on the planets then the iratus bug got the humans and i think the DNA kinda mixed.
                                Maybe the human/iratus DNA mix up happened when the Ancients seeded life itself in PG. Perhaps these humanoid alien species such as the Unas, Serrakin, Wraith, etc. are the result of the Ancients seeding planets which already had preexisting lifeforms.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X