did the Ancients create the Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the Ancients create the Wraith?

I love Atlantis more then most people which is why i thought of this, and it has to do with the wraith. We all know that they evolved from those bugs who's name i can't spell. Those bugs would have to evolve them selves to feed off humans then evolve more to become the human form wraith. Then after all that is done, they have to invent all their tech.
    The problem I have is that it is impossible for all of this to happen in a few million years. To go from a bug to human form would take billions of years. But this would be possible if the evelution was "helped" along artificially. I think this is possible, I mean look at all their other major, pointless and deadly screw ups

yes, but unknowingly

Comment

The iratus bug is native to the Pegasus galaxy and fed on Humans sedded on their planets. Evntually through the wonders of evolution the Iratus DNA and Human DNA combined to create the Wriath. So Yes and no. They put the humans on the planet not knowing about the Iratus bug (or simply not considiring it as a threat.)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I think the operative word in this would be "indirectly".
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

This has been discussed to death, and it's been made abundantly clear that they never intended for their transplanted humans to end up as Iratus bug food. Like how we never intended to kill off thousands of species on Earth but it happened anyway.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

we as modern humans have only been around for 100,000 years, id imagine that in 5 million years we would have changed from those monkey like creatures into homo something or rather.

Comment

Yes, they did, indirectly of course by seeding the Pegasus galaxy with life. Iratus bug feeds off humans and evolves into Wraith.
              sigpic

Comment

more or less. if the ancients were experts in anything, was screwing up. At least they screwed up in massive ways. if you are going to do it...do it big.

Comment

http://draco-stellaris.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2n58jn

As for contributing to the ongoing discusssion: Yep, the Ancients indirectly helped to create the Wraith. The timeline is no problem because the incident causing iratus and human DNA to mix could be way back in time, in fact, millions of years. Ancients and Wraith could have co-existed since then in Pegasus, the Ancients never seeing the Wraith as a threat to themselves, considering the Ancients were quite arrogant and maybe even wanted to hush up their mistake.

The Ancient holographic lady in 'Rising' explained their enemy was accidentally 'woken'. Maybe the Ancients made 10000 years ago the same mistake the SGA team made and indeed woke too many Wraith at once. The Wraith got hold of a ZPM, created their cloning facilities and the rest of the story is known.
                  Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 27 June 2010, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckay221 View Post
                    The problem I have is that it is impossible for all of this to happen in a few million years.
                    I really enjoy topics like this. Here's a link to an older post, but I warn you, when I start writing about Wraith evolution, I get long-winded.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...1#post10434824

Comment

maybe they were lying
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Maybe the Wraith ARE the Ancients... the ones like Todd that have been around for tens of thousands of years...the Ancients were trying to find a way to ascend ....or live forever....maybe they incorporated iratus bug DNA with their own (the healing powers) and "created the Wraith" or became them.... Maybe Todd is Janus's twin brother?
                        All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Todd did say that Humans and Wraith were alike in many ways that the Humans didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            Todd did say that Humans and Wraith were alike in many ways that the Humans didn't know.
                            Well considering Wraith evolved from humans, I would assume so.

On an unrelated note, I really like your sig
                            sigpic

Comment

yes, horrible biological experiments gone wrong
                              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                              X