O'Neill's Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill's Cabin

Can anyone tell me where Jack Oneill's cabin is located in Vancouver? My wife and I are headed that way in a week or so and would love to make a visit there. Thanks.

I believe the cabin is a park ranger's cabin at one of B.C.'s parks. Maybe you could contact the park service in Vancouver and ask them about it.

Comment

You can find the location of Jack's cabin (plus many other Stargate places) here.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        You can find the location of Jack's cabin (plus many other Stargate places) here.
        Thanks for the link. Great pics there.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Awesome

Comment

yes, kate did a wonderful job with all her locations
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lillt61 View Post
              Can anyone tell me where Jack Oneill's cabin is located in Vancouver? My wife and I are headed that way in a week or so and would love to make a visit there. Thanks.
              Are you going to Gatecon? If so, head over to the thread in the Fandom section. A bunch of fans usually get together during the Vancouver cons and arrange Stargate location tours and Jack's cabin is usually the first on the list of must see places.

It's in Murdo Fraser park in North Vancouver. Opposite the pitch and putt course. The cabin is the park warden's private residence but you can walk round to the side to the other side of the pond with no fish and see it from there, which is in the park itself, so on public land.

Kate's location list is wonderful. I used it to become familiar with my new home soon after arriving to live here. What better way to get to know your way round Vancouver than investigate Stargate locations along the way. Jack's cabin was one of the first locations I visited.

Comment

I wish I was, but I'm going to Vancouver at the end of the July, GateCon is around the beginning.

Comment

and it's reasonably close to sam's house as well

If you want a lot of locations in close proximity, it's down town, robson square. the old bailiff, wash dc from secrets, where armin got hit....all on the same block

sigpic

Comment

Ah, sweet memories of visiting Jack's cabin. Here's my pics from when I visited during Gate Con 2008.

Spoiler:

Front
                    Spoiler:

Back
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

I want to go there!

Comment

This - is - awesome!!!! Thank you

Comment

What about Bridge Studios? Do they offer tours?

Comment

no, no tours. not to random members of the public anyway.

There used to be con associated tours. Before creation took over, gatecon auctioned off studio tours so many members of the con got to go and see the studios. (i have a fantastic photo of me in hammond's chair and on the ramp)

then creation, when creation got the rights, gold pass members....well part of the 700 dollars you spent for the ticket got you a tour. but i understand that now isn't possible for some reasons. I've never been to the creation vancouver con so i have no idea the why's.

but, boiled down, some lucky folks that know someone or know someone that knows someone have occasionally gotten tours, but generally speaking, members of hte public...all you're gonna get is a photo of yourself outside the front gate. You can do that. Stand outside the front gate on the sidewalk and take your photo in front of the studios.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              yes, kate did a wonderful job with all her locations
                              yea she did i've never been to that part of the site im impressed
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X