Who should be in command of Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young.

Telford looks like a better choice on paper. He was originally going to be in charge before their early departure from Icarus but it fell to Young instead.

And I think he's done well considering the rather extreme circumstances they were thrust into.

So in ideal circumstances one would look to Telford but things are far from ideal. They're stuck on the other side of the universe with little hope of getting home. The fact that the vast majority of them are not only alive but thriving is a testament to Young's capabilities.
    sigpic

Comment

Not a very good poll. You have a joke option with BAG, and the "Other" and "none of the above" categories could be merged.

Anyway, I said Camille, but it's more because I want to better see how she would lead. Either give her enough time to prove her worth... or enough rope to hang herself.

Young has cracked and made one too many bad decisions which has jeopardized the lives of the crew.

Rush has no real interest in overall leading, and his gruff, cold, logical leadership wouldn't be accepted.

Scott and Eli aren't experienced enough. Tamara is too emotional, and can barely handle being a medic. Telford wouldn't exactly be trusted yet, although after giving Camille a 8 or so months to lead, if she fails, that would give Telford time to earn trust back and perhaps put him up next in the leadership rotation.

Comment

Dr. Rush for certain. He is almost always proved right, and the purpose of the expedition is science not war.

Comment

For the heck of it..

ELI!

Comment

Eli all the way!

Comment

100% Dr. Nicholas Rush. Nothing beats that character. Not
              Rodney's arrogance
              Young's "We're tough"
              Wray's "Civilians in charge"
              Eli's childness and computer geniusness.
              Telford's "I rule" or "You rule, but I'm in the loop"
              Zelenka's mumbling
              Weir Do's Command
              O'Neill's sense of humor
              a.s.o
              Nothing can beat Rush.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                100% Dr. Nicholas Rush. Nothing beats that character. Not
                Rodney's arrogance
                Young's "We're tough"
                Wray's "Civilians in charge"
                Eli's childness and computer geniusness.
                Telford's "I rule" or "You rule, but I'm in the loop"
                Zelenka's mumbling
                Weir Do's Command
                O'Neill's sense of humor
                a.s.o
                Nothing can beat Rush.
                Yeah Well your mate rush is going to have his ass handed to him in the next episode .
                And I will be full of Joy.

Comment

I find it funny that Scott has no votes yet Wray and Rush wanted him to be in command in the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                    I find it funny that Scott has no votes yet Wray and Rush wanted him to be in command in the last episode.
                    Yes it is Funny. They are still looking for a reason to get Young out of the Way.
                    They obviously think they can control Scott Better.

Comment

Young. The military trust him and he cares about the crew.

Comment

I think that is cause scott is still young and more 'malleable.

Comment

Chloe. She has the brains and the .....lol, just kidding. I love the girl though, she might be my favorite character, but I voted for Young.

Comment

I'm sticking with Telford. Get the guy back already !

Comment

I'd go Rush because he doesn't want to go home
                              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                              Spoiler:
                              *beep*
                              Young: "What the hell was that?"
                              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Working...
                              X