Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=lordofseas;11660274
    So, idealistically, there's only 1 ZPM worth on Atlantis, no?[/QUOTE]

No. If each ZPM can hold 100% and 60% was wasted, on each ZPM that leaves 40% on each ZPM. 40%x3=120%. So there is more then 1 ZPM in Atlantis.

Comment

Imagine that each ZPM represents 100%, and that the city lost 60% on each ZPM. It's left 40% x 3= 120%. Which is more then 1 ZPM. You can deduce a lot of power was spent, but 60% on each ZPM is a lot, but the lefting energy would still be enough for 1 ZPM and a bit of another one. This tiny bit (20%) alone, would be able to take on the citys basic needs. Cloak, gate to pegasus rarely(?), etc..

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        Really. Because I think I'm part of a collective, and I say "No", so through my logic, we all can't agree on if there's 3 ZPMs still working in Atlantis.

So, idealistically, there's only 1 ZPM worth on Atlantis, no?
        Could be 1/2 a ZPM could be 2 1/2 ZPM we know power was used and that we dont have 3 fully powered zpms, however we dont know how much power was left in any of them. therefore we cannot ideally comment

Comment

Still, the conclusion we can draw is that, even if Atlantis had the 3 full ZPM's, it wouldn't be able to connect to Destiny. The power requirements are huge and I don't believe 3ZPM's would cut it. Maybe send a message, like Atlantis did in the end of Season 1, but even that is wishfull thinking, and useless since they have Communication Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by RCOO View Post
            Imagine that each ZPM represents 100%, and that the city lost 60% on each ZPM. It's left 40% x 3= 120%. Which is more then 1 ZPM. You can deduce a lot of power was spent, but 60% on each ZPM is a lot, but the lefting energy would still be enough for 1 ZPM and a bit of another one. This tiny bit (20%) alone, would be able to take on the citys basic needs. Cloak, gate to pegasus rarely(?), etc..
            Imagine that each ZPM represents 100%, and that the city lost 90% on each ZPM. What's left is 10% * 3 = 30%. Which is less than a ZPM module. You can deduce a lot of power was spent, and seeing as 90% on each ZPM is a lot, and Atlantis still has the capability to cloak, Gate to Pegasus, etcetera. [/mockery] Oh look it! I can do math! [/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
            Could be 1/2 a ZPM could be 2 1/2 ZPM we know power was used and that we dont have 3 fully powered zpms, however we dont know how much power was left in any of them. therefore we cannot ideally comment
            Ok. We know it takes 1 ZPM to cloak the city, correct? So that's at least a ZPM. However, Dr. Beckett wasn't able to compensate for the gravitation pull of Earth to make a landing. Now, we know from First Strike that it took more than a ZPM to get Atlantis out of the gravitational pull of Lantea, so it would seem logical that as Beckett couldn't, there would be a ZPM or so left. No, the only possible way that I could ever imagine Atlantis dialling Destiny is if you moved it directly beside the accretion disk of a black hole. <mod snip>
            Last edited by Skydiver; 30 June 2010, 03:44 AM.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well, 60% per ZPM is also a lot, and would still leave about 120%, 1ZPM and 20% of another one. We can't draw any conclusions.

Comment

Folks

Please realize you're talking about fictional tech on a fictional show....dial back the name calling and defensiveness. This is supposed to be fun, not a doctorial dissertation.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, 60% per ZPM is also a lot, and would still leave about 120%, 1ZPM and 20% of another one. We can't draw any conclusions.
                  You're taking numbers from nowhere. I'm using logic for my conjectures.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Imagine that each ZPM represents 100%, and that the city lost 90% on each ZPM. What's left is 10% * 3 = 30%. Which is less than a ZPM module. You can deduce a lot of power was spent, and seeing as 90% on each ZPM is a lot, and Atlantis still has the capability to cloak, Gate to Pegasus, etcetera. [/mockery] Oh look it! I can do math! [/sarcasm]
                    This is a conjecture aswell. You assumed they wasted 90%. I simply assumed they used 60%. We both assumed, and I only got my numbers as an illustration that you're idea of the 90% could be wrong. The definition of "a lot" refering to power consuption is the real discussion. We don't know what "a lot" represents and we both gave examples of possible cenarios, knowing no information about it. I also used logic, to show you there is another side to the question.

Comment

This is a conjecture aswell. You assumed they wasted 90%. I simply assumed they used 60%. We both assumed, and I only got my numbers as an illustration that you're idea of the 90% could be wrong. The definition of "a lot" refering to power consuption is the real discussion. We don't know what "a lot" represents and we both gave examples of possible cenarios, knowing no information about it. I also used logic, to show you there is another side to the question.
                      I was being sarcastic, mocking you for your assumptions.

sigpic

Comment

Still. We can't assume on anything. And going on topic, even if Atlantis had 3 ZPM's it wouldn't be enough. That's the thread point.

Comment

Even with the ZPM's gone, with Atlantis on earth... they can just hook up as many extra power supplies needed. The Generators are pretty powerful.

Comment

Think we can all agree we cant dial from Atlantis, and we cant agree on how many ZPMs are left with power as we just dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                              Think we can all agree we cant dial from Atlantis, and we cant agree on how many ZPMs are left with power as we just dont know
                              Yes we do know how many ZPM'S are on Atlantis, there are 3. we can also assume that (based on the way batteries work in the real world) all of them still have some form of charge. What we don't know is just how much charge is left in them.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Yes we do know how many ZPM'S are on Atlantis, there are 3. we can also assume that (based on the way batteries work in the real world) all of them still have some form of charge. What we don't know is just how much charge is left in them.
                                Sorry think you have not read through the article, we have been arguing over how much power the 3 zpms have after use of the wormhole drive, we know there are 3 just we dont know how much power was used and how many zpms we have left due to the use of the wormhole drive. But what your saying is what most of us have been, we know how many zpms are supposed to be their just not the power levels due to recent events

Comment

Working...
                                X