No announcement yet.

Rumors About Syfy Bringing Back Firefly Continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wouldn't mind seeing more the story of the firefly-verse, possible following on from the end of serenity with a new cast, or even a prequel, I know its not ideal but this long after a show has being cancelled its a logistical nightmare to get it back up and running again

Tbh I really don't see why syfy don't do something with the firefly franchise, there is a huge buzz around it in sci-fi communities, like if im a syfy executive and the script for warehouse 13 and a firefly spin off are both sitting on my desk.. its a pretty easy choice of which one to pick
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Firefly was never good because of the stories.

The best parts of Firefly were the characters, a prequel or anything similar wouldn't be the same.

Comment

Thought this was too good to be true. I don't see anything happening in the near future for FireFly. Plus, Nathan's 'Castle' is going on its 3rd Season, Morena's on V, Adam Baldwin's on Chuck, the list goes on.

Comment

What about a webseries?? They are doing that with Farscape.

That would be a great way to introduce the show to a new fanbase aswell.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I thought we were getting the comics to explain everything.
            Dr. Andrew Clarke

Aftermath GW RP

Comment

A new movie would be better than a new series. Much easier to work around the actor's schedule that way. Recasting, while it would be a typical SyFy move, would completely ruin what fans loved about the show.

Comment

Please more Firefy!!! But with the original cast, with only new actors it would not be the same.
                sigpic

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/30...sherwood/58709

ORION
                  National Treasure meets Firefly in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down — and sometimes steal — valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.
                  Co-Executive Producers/Writers: Dirk Blackman & Howard McCain
                  Co-Executive Producers: George Krstic & Ryuhei Kitamura
                  Supervising Producer: F.J. Desanto
                  Studio: Universal Cable Production

Bet this is what cause this little rumour to appear on the internet.
                  An just what I thought it would be to, Firefly inspired TV show.

Comment

Please more Firefy But with the original cast only and no excuses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would love this!

Admittedly in my case a new film would be likely to be shown somewhere in this country too so I wouldn't have to count down the days to the end of the series and the publication of the DVD boxset but hey...I can wait if it means lots of Firefly. With the same cast please.

Comment

From Blastr: Fox actually wants a Firefly revival, there's just one catch

“Given the success of Fox’s reboots of The X-Files and 24, and Prison Break returning this year, Madden said he’d be open to a Firefly reboot if Joss Whedon himself wanted to revisit it. Madden suspects Whedon is now too busy with movies, and he would not consider doing Firefly without Whedon.”
                        Total syffy posts: 36,690
                        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                        X