Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors About Syfy Bringing Back Firefly Continue

Firefly will never die!
    Fans of Joss Whedon should get Serenity credit as they never say die and so their wishes to bring back the series may yet come true.
    Syfy is buzzing as to how to bring back the popular series and this buzz has turned into a movie called Serenity. Sources said that, ‘There is one show that keeps getting buzz around here and it is Firefly.’
    Options on whether it will be a continuation of the series or another movie that takes over from the end of Serenity have been discussed.”
    The biggest problem is that many of the actors who played the main character in Firefly have moved onto other projects, and coordinating their return could be difficult. However, a prequel is one idea that has been discussed, and it would introduce an entirely new group of characters.
    Don’t know, fans will like the show same as previous or not.
    Well, its still a rumor, not to get much in this.
    Source:http://scifipulse.net/?p=27887

**** I forgot the link earlier
    Last edited by joeynox; 21 June 2010, 02:57 PM.

It doesn't count as a source if you don't include the link
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now that is just cruel, getting people's hopes up like that!
      sigpic

Comment

Indeed, link please?

Comment

Nice of you to put the link up. I'm not getting my hopes up. Until I hear from Joss Whedon I'm just treating this as rumor, nothing more, nothing less.
          sigpic

Comment

Bring it back!!!!

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it
              sigpic

Comment

Plus Castle was renewed for Nathan Fillion, and no one else can possibly play MAL!!

Comment

They can't do another series now, but I don't see why they couldn't do a DTV movie or two. Although if the Avengers does well (and why wouldn't it?) then maybe Whedon will have the clout to get another theatrical release with a similar or larger budget to Serenity.

Perfecto!

Comment

I think a direct to DVD movie is the most likely outcome if anything is to come of these rumors. Its hard to get all the main cast members back for a series considering so much time has passed. A movie would require less of their time and thus easier to get everyone back together.

Of course, these rumors have been swirling around since the success of Serenity and nothing has come of it yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                      Nice of you to put the link up. I'm not getting my hopes up. Until I hear from Joss Whedon I'm just treating this as rumor, nothing more, nothing less.
                      I agree with you. As much as I'd LOVE to see another movie, I'm definitely treating this as nothing but rumour
                      sigpic

Comment

Joss has said that the movie was like closure for him. (Not the exact words, but you get my meaning) & wouldn't do another one. But he has supported the fan film; Redemption. (I think)

Comment

i wont believe it until i see it

Comment

Like how this thread was created after Craig Engler at Syfy said this:

FYI, the rumor going around today that Syfy is continuing Firefly is false.
                            7:41 PM Jun 21st via Twitter for BlackBerry®
                            http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/16713340703

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Like how this thread was created after Craig Engler at Syfy said this:

http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/16713340703
                              Yeah, not a surprise.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X