This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should NOT die in Season 2.

If someone is to die in season two there are many key characters to choose from. With the finale leaving the door open to 4/5 possible deaths which character could SGU not survive without?
    sigpic

Rush.
    He's the one who landed them there, the one with unknown motives, and the only one who has much chance of figuring out Destiny's secrets. While it would be a loss to lose one of the other main characters, the show simply wouldn't work with Rush gone. He's definitely the most vital.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Agreed.

Rush and Young are kind of the Ying and Yang of the series and losing either of them would be a big loss, IMHO. Rush more so due to the reasons ED mentioned.

That said, it's hard for me to single any of the main characters for death row. They all represent such unique views on life, and each has a journey to go on.

In Scott you have the green Lieutenant who must work through his insecurities and rise to the challenge of becoming a leader. In Chloe you have the pampered child living a life of excess discovering her inner strength and trying to find a new purpose in life. In Eli you have the lazy slacker who, like Chloe, must discover his inner strength and realize his potential. In Greer you have the tough soldier with a hard shell who must soften it in order to live among/work with civilians, along with working out the skeletons in his closet. In TJ you have the unsure medic who must hold herself together while being relied on to save the lives and ensure the well-being of everyone on Destiny. In Wray you have the bureaucrat attempting to assert herself in a militaristic society all the while leaving a loved one back home, billions of light years away. And in Telford...well, that remains to be seen, but something about redemption could work.

As for the secondaries...well, they are more expendable I guess, but they're still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        In Scott you have the green Lieutenant who must work through his insecurities and rise to the challenge of becoming a leader. In Chloe you have the pampered child living a life of excess discovering her inner strength and trying to find a new purpose in life. In Eli you have the lazy slacker who, like Chloe, must discover his inner strength and realize his potential. In Greer you have the tough soldier with a hard shell who must soften it in order to live among/work with civilians, along with working out the skeletons in his closet. In TJ you have the unsure medic who must hold herself together while being relied on to save the lives and ensure the well-being of everyone on Destiny. In Wray you have the bureaucrat attempting to assert herself in a militaristic society all the while leaving a loved one back home, billions of light years away. And in Telford...well, that remains to be seen, but something about redemption could work.
        Everytime I read PG's posts I think I love the series a little more. At least until the next episode...

Nice character description.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I wouldn't mind losing Young to be honest, his story could well have ran it's course, and if they're looking for someone to take the military leader archetype they could always replace him with Telford. Rush for what he brings to the series would be hard to lose, but logically I'd say a TJ death would be the most pointless, as you're wasting so much considering what has (probably) just happened to her.

Comment

There are a lot of characters that could be killed off without losing too much story wise, you might lose some intangible things if say Lt. Scott dies, but there's nothing story wise that he does that can't be done by anyone else.

The only two characters that are essential to the story are Rush and Young. Though Rush more so since you could replace Young with Telford or even Scott, but neither of them would be as unpredictable (or as entertaining/awesome) as Young. As others have said, Rush is way to important to be killed.

Perfecto!

Comment

Personally I don't want anyone to die. They all bring their own perspective to SGU. At the bottom line as said before the one two characters that make SGU and would be impossible to continue without them is Rush and Young
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Riley. Don't dare to kill him.

And Rush, of course.

Edit: Young is not so important now that we have La Bamba on board, let him lead.
                One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                sigpic
                Sith Nazghul

Comment

I'd rather lose a random redshirt than any of the main cast but people that would have to stay are Young and Rush. And Eli. And Wray. And TJ. And Chloe...and...yeah, but definitely, no losing Young and Rush. It would just be a terrible waste of a perfectly wonderful, and fruitful, animosity.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

With the exception of Rush, I think everyone else is expendable.
                    sigpic

Comment

Honestly, the most expendable main cast characters on the show are Wray and Chloe.
                      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I think the producers have learned not to kill off main characters. This fandom gets too upset. They did it in SGA, where the producers took a gutsy step, and killed off a main. The results, thousands of angry fans wearing kilts and causing a ruckus.

Kill off a main, they will gain my respect, killing them and bringing them back, not so much. Although I did like the character return for SGA. One of the better eps of the series.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't want to see any of the characters die. But as long as Greer is still around, I'll be happy. And Eli. He's cool too
                          sigpic

Comment

The fact that Young and Rush are the engine driving the tension, taking them out would certainly lessen the drama on the show. So, unless another character replaces them to continue the high profile drama it would be a real gamble killing one or even both of them off. On the other hand, I'm intrigued to see if SGU is prepared to do what it set out to do, be different! A bit of Destiny roulette would certainly shake things up even more!!

A change of character dynamic is possible and should be acceptable within the context of the show. If Young dies, Telford or Scott takes over. If Rush dies, Eli is there to take up the challenge. It could turn out to be someone totally unexpected who steps up and ironically turns out to be the 'the right person'!!

On a purely selfish level I just wouldn't want Young to die as I really like his character! I love watching him, he's turning out to be full of surprises and is beginning to work on many levels as an interesting character.

Comment

• young
                              • telford
                              • Greer
                              • rush
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X