This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did SGU become 'good' to you?

My attitude towards SGU at the end of the season was the complete opposite of what it was at the beginning of the season: I'm sticking with the show because I like it, not because I'm just giving it a chance. For those of you who've had turn arounds like mine, what moment or episode made you realize that you actually liked the show and weren't just watching it because it was Stargate or giving it until the 1/2 season or 1st season finale to improve?
    For me, the turning point was Divided. Even Justice and Space just made me want to continue giving the show a chance, but Divided was just, to me, exceptional and what SGU should have been from the start. Not to mention the show finally used contemporary music well in that brilliant opening sequence. Chloe's change of heart and ruptured relationship may have been oddly reversed very quickly, but from Divided onward, I actually enjoyed the show.

What about you?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

For me, I think it was earlier on than that. Light, Part II and Water. After Light Part II I was really digging on the show and had an idea that it might go very well. Then after Water with the 'dust creature', I was hooked. Hands down.

Comment

I've loved SGU from moment one, in fact, from before moment one, when I found out that Louis Ferreira had a leading role, I was on
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

when the blue aliens finally showed up.
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

Roughly ten seconds into "Air, Part 1."
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

after the premiere i liked the show but i fell in love with it in air part 3
            sigpic

Comment

Roughly, Time did it for me. Though Air, Dark/Light and Water are strong, Time is really good
              Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
              Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
              Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
              Song: Louder!
              Dalek louder: Mercy!
              Song: One more time.
              Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Air Part II. When I saw the emotion from various characters about the death of Sen. Armstrong I knew this show was going to be good
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Time was great, had I not already been into the show, Time would have sealed it for me. That episode reminded me of some of my favorite Star Trek TNG episodes.

Comment

The moment Scott got launch out of the gate.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hard for me to decide really, Time was definitely a factor. But its the last three episodes, especially "Subversion" that made me really connected to SGU. Episodes like "Life" and "Pain" almost made me give up on the show....

Comment

It was about the time I saw the first teaser trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Hard for me to decide really, Time was definitely a factor. But its the last three episodes, especially "Subversion" that made me really connected to SGU. Episodes like "Life" and "Pain" almost made me give up on the show....
                          What parts of Life and Pain did you not like? I'll fully admit I didn't really care for either but, I wonder if we have the same reasons. I think that both are important in some way though, the fears expressed in pain allow for us, as an audience, come into direct visual contact with the fears of the crew, to know what is motivating them (in part) to do what they do... Or, rather, to fear situations in the future. I personally thought that Pain wasn't take anywhere near far enough. I think it was a good idea that was far too tame, the people got isolated quickly and really, that was the end of it.

In Life, I think was about hope... The continued hope of the crew, where as Pain was about what motivated the darkness of people... Life was about what motivated them to keep the darkness at bay. Hope, family, etc... Once again, important in some way but kind of boring.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            Roughly ten seconds into "Air, Part 1."
                            Pretty much the same here. Although it didn't 10 seconds for me. About 2 or 3 were good enough. The music was just so... that kind of stuff I like.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TitanShadow View Post
                              What parts of Life and Pain did you not like? I'll fully admit I didn't really care for either but, I wonder if we have the same reasons. I think that both are important in some way though, the fears expressed in pain allow for us, as an audience, come into direct visual contact with the fears of the crew, to know what is motivating them (in part) to do what they do... Or, rather, to fear situations in the future. I personally thought that Pain wasn't take anywhere near far enough. I think it was a good idea that was far too tame, the people got isolated quickly and really, that was the end of it.

In Life, I think was about hope... The continued hope of the crew, where as Pain was about what motivated the darkness of people... Life was about what motivated them to keep the darkness at bay. Hope, family, etc... Once again, important in some way but kind of boring.
                              What I didn't like about "Life" was its concentration on the characters on Earth. Its nice to see the characters backstories but I honestly don't care for concentration on character development. "Pain" had a good idea but again it came off as just character development and the disappointment that the blue aliens are not coming through the gate for real. Darn teaser made it seem otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X