What's going on in Young's head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on in Young's head?

Something about that last shot is really getting to me. Something about that defiant look and the way he looks upward just before the lights begin to go out has me thinking that he has some kind of trick up his sleeve related to the next pulsar burst.

Every great commander always has a backup plan, the Telford play was risky to begin with and it seems doubtful Young would have gambled the lives of everyone on the ship if he wasn't entirely confident they could succeed.

What are you guys thinking?

my second and fifth in command are seconds away from getting killed. how's my babies mother doing? i still need socks
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He's about to die, and so are the others under his command. Is TJ hurt or not, what about the baby. Who can I headbutt next?

Probably a flurry of thoughts just rushing through his head.
      sigpic

Comment

"I just wet myself...

Damn."

No, on a serious note, there is only one thing going on in Young's head. A hamster running a wheel. The hamster, occasionally getting bored, runs the opposite direction, causing Young's occasional bouts of crazanoiachosis, the "Nuckin' Futs" syndrome, the Happy Meal Minus Few Fries... It goes by many names.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

As he looked up, hew was thinking "Pulsar should be hitting about now"
          Lights flash
          "Knew it! I'm the man!"

Seriously. It isn't that deep.

Go Green

Comment

now that telford is here i guess i can finally get rid of scott. he doesn't listen to me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
              Something about that last shot is really getting to me. Something about that defiant look and the way he looks upward just before the lights begin to go out has me thinking that he has some kind of trick up his sleeve related to the next pulsar burst.

Every great commander always has a backup plan, the Telford play was risky to begin with and it seems doubtful Young would have gambled the lives of everyone on the ship if he wasn't entirely confident they could succeed.

I'm thinking he's been counting the seconds until the pulsar knocks the lights out and then unleash 6 shades of unholy hell on the LA and finish up the plan he and Telford started.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                I'm thinking he's been counting the seconds until the pulsar knocks the lights out and then unleash 6 shades of unholy hell on the LA and finish up the plan he and Telford started.
                I can get behind this.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Failure, hopelessness, guilt, despair, etc.

Young's been slowly deteriorating throughout the entire season. As of Pain, we know that he sees everything that's happened previously as a string of bad luck, hoping that it will change at some point. The last three episodes pushed him to the limit, and in Incursion Part I he made a promise to himself and others that he will rescue everyone. This is an irrational (but human) promise, and the fact that he made it means that he wasn't thinking clearly, not anymore. Then, when he lost Rivers, and thus broke his promise, he was livid and hysterical. He has been overcome with emotion and the death of Rivers just kept pushing him further. He will do whatever it takes to rescue the others and that includes things that are dangerous and reckless.

The look at the end, IMHO, just shows that he's realized what he's done. Not only did he break his promise, but he also made things much worse with his decisions. His men are about to be executed, the civillians are going to have to bow down before the Lucian Alliance, and his two top soldiers are about to be killed in a most horrible way. There is no hope left. It's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Failure, hopelessness, guilt, despair, etc.

Young's been slowly deteriorating throughout the entire season. As of Pain, we know that he sees everything that's happened previously as a string of bad luck, hoping that it will change at some point. The last three episodes pushed him to the limit, and in Incursion Part I he made a promise to himself and others that he will rescue everyone. This is an irrational (but human) promise, and the fact that he made it means that he wasn't thinking clearly, not anymore. Then, when he lost Rivers, and thus broke his promise, he was livid and hysterical. He has been overcome with emotion and the death of Rivers just kept pushing him further. He will do whatever it takes to rescue the others and that includes things that are dangerous and reckless.

The look at the end, IMHO, just shows that he's realized what he's done. Not only did he break his promise, but he also made things much worse with his decisions. His men are about to be executed, the civillians are going to have to bow down before the Lucian Alliance, and his two top soldiers are about to be killed in a most horrible way. There is no hope left. It's all over.
                    here's hoping you're wrong, wrong, wrongity wrong wrong wrong
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

But I like emotional whumpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post

It was defeat. In that they had all lost and soon everyone on Destiny was about to die
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          But I like emotional whumpage.
                          something stargate hasn't had much of.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            something stargate hasn't had much of.
                            Which has never, ever stopped the fandom
                            sigpic