Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There a Continuity Error With Merlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There a Continuity Error With Merlin?

Since the Scy-Fy Channel doesn't have any Stargate shows that are worth watching, I just went through all 15 seasons of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis. Is it just me, or did SG-1 try to reinvent Merlin? I mean, didn't Merlin and Daniel Jackson have this body-switching thing going in the early seasons, and didn't they try to come up with an entirely new Merlin thing in Season 10?

Either I'm getting old or some of their writers are. What's the story with Merlin? Who was the Merlin Michael Shanks played and who was the Merlin who collapsed and died in Season 10?

I think some of the writers and producers made some bad judgment calls later in the production (SGU being by far the worst), but that kind of a continuity gaf is just inexcusable. I mean, how many times can the Merlin character be exploited?

That was Machello in the episode "Holiday." He wasn't named Merlin or meant to be the Merlin of history/myth. He was just a scientist that built technology to resist the Goa'uld.

Comment

That's right! Yeah, it's me that's getting old. When you've seen one ancient white guy with a beard, you've seen 'em all. He wasn't any relation to the Louisiana crime boss was he? No, that was Carlos Marcello....

Comment

Originally posted by 357Mag View Post
        Since the Scy-Fy Channel doesn't have any Stargate shows that are worth watching, I just went through all 15 seasons of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis. Is it just me, or did SG-1 try to reinvent Merlin? I mean, didn't Merlin and Daniel Jackson have this body-switching thing going in the early seasons, and didn't they try to come up with an entirely new Merlin thing in Season 10?
        SGU is worth watching

Comment

SGU is definitely worth watching!!

Comment

Working...
          X