No announcement yet.

The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure of the wisdom of using Pandora mythology, mainly because it has already been used quite expertly in the Gallifrey audio series (Imperiartrix Pandora)

Comment

This was the best finale since the end of season 27. Genuinely great.

Comment

Amazing, seeing all those enemies team up to trap the Doctor. Hard to imagine Daleks teaming up with anyone or caring if the Universe is destroyed, but still quite cool!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          Amazing, seeing all those enemies team up to trap the Doctor. Hard to imagine Daleks teaming up with anyone or caring if the Universe is destroyed, but still quite cool!
          Just shows how serious the situation is. When the Daleks are teaming up with anyone it can only be for reasons that are beneficial to their empire. For the Daleks I'd say that ensuring their empires' survival and its on-going goal to exterminate all other lifeforms and conquer the universe would be good enough reasons for joining up with Cybermen, Sontarans, Autons, etc. Undoubtedly the instant they'd saved the universe and reality itself they'd have all tried killing each other off.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Just shows how serious the situation is. When the Daleks are teaming up with anyone it can only be for reasons that are beneficial to their empire. For the Daleks I'd say that ensuring their empires' survival and its on-going goal to exterminate all other lifeforms and conquer the universe would be good enough reasons for joining up with Cybermen, Sontarans, Autons, etc. Undoubtedly the instant they'd saved the universe and reality itself they'd have all tried killing each other off.
            Despite what the Alliance may say about itself, they're united by their hatred of the Doctor just as much as their desire to safeguard their respective empires. If reality hadn't collapsed in on itself, I imagine that all the Alliance members would be at each other's throats, with the weaker members likely banding together to oppose the stronger ones.
            sigpic

Comment

I never thought they were united by their hatred for The Doctor, but united by their desire to survive. Cybermen want to covert everyone, Daleks want to exterminate everyone, Sontarans want to conquer yet when it affects them all, they came together. It was more a matter of him being responsible for killing them all and they had to team up to stand a chance of survival.

Ultimately it came down to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I never thought they were united by their hatred for The Doctor, but united by their desire to survive. Cybermen want to covert everyone, Daleks want to exterminate everyone, Sontarans want to conquer yet when it affects them all, they came together. It was more a matter of him being responsible for killing them all and they had to team up to stand a chance of survival.

Ultimately it came down to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
                I think their hatred of the Doctor made it a lot easier for those species to come together to form an alliance. Had it been anyone else they were trying to lock away an alliance wouldn't have been necessary. But the Doctor - the Oncoming Storm, the Ka Faraq Gatri - that's another thing all together. He could resist. He could beat all their groups separately...but together its much more difficult for him. They used the element of surprise against him and did the one thing he did not expect - join together.

Just one thing there about the Sontarans. Their primary goal is to win a war against another war-like species called the Rutans and both species will use whatever the universe offers to accomplish that goal. Conquest is a secondary objective for both the Sontarans and the Rutans once their free of their war effort. Unfortunately many people of many planets will suffer because of the war and will still wage on between them both 10,000 years from now.
                Last edited by Alan; 17 March 2011, 04:23 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I think their hatred of the Doctor made it a lot easier for those species to come together to form an alliance. Had it been anyone else they were trying to lock away an alliance wouldn't have been necessary. But the Doctor - the Oncoming Storm, the Ka Faraq Gatri - that's another thing all together. He could resist. He could beat all their groups separately...but together its much more difficult for him. They used the element of surprise against him and did the one thing he did not expect - join together.

Just one thing there about the Sontarans. Their primary goal is to win a war against another war-like species called the Rutans and both species will use whatever the universe offers to accomplish that goal. Conquest is a secondary objective for both the Sontarans and the Rutans once their free of their war effort. Unfortunately many people of many planets will suffer because of the war and will still wage on between them both 10,000 years from now.
                  Makes me think he should have kept the D-Mat gun and the Hand of Omega

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                    Makes me think he should have kept the D-Mat gun and the Hand of Omega
                    Like Gallifrey, I think both of those particular devices are ka-put.

Comment

Like Gallifrey, I think both of those particular devices are ka-put.
                      As are certain "rules of time" enforced by the Time Lords ("Father's Day") and the state of grace inside the TARDIS ("The Parting of the Ways").
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        As are certain "rules of time" enforced by the Time Lords ("Father's Day") and the state of grace inside the TARDIS ("The Parting of the Ways").
                        And, of course, the primary Eye of Harmony from which the TARDIS originally drew its power from.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                          And, of course, the primary Eye of Harmony from which the TARDIS originally drew its power from.

Comment

Cool episode, I really liked this one. The 11th Doctor is really getting into his stride now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved wondering what kind of evil thing was going to pop out of the box and thinking: This better be a pretty cool monster and no just some.. meh.
                              Then the plot twist hit! Great ep. definitely one of my faves.

Comment

Working...
                              X