Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of things that bugged me (Spoilers for "Cold Blood" onward)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of things that bugged me (Spoilers for "Cold Blood" onward)

Something that bugs me... Amy and The Doctor are inside the TARDIS which is a seperate dimension from the outside so shouldn't she be protected from the effects of the crack and not have forgotten Rory?

Also why was there extra time spent showing us the Doctor's face reflected in the console at the end of "Amy's Choice?"
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

The Doctor stated that Rory was part of Amy's timeline prior to her becoming a time traveller, so his ceasing-to-ever-have-existed still affected her - she can only really resist the effects of the crack when it consumes events and people she experiences after becoming a time traveller.

Maybe the TARDIS could have offered some kind of protection, which is why we see the Doctor insisting she try hard to remember him, and why it takes so long for her to completely forget him, but it may not be total protection.

As for the console...well, there's a ton of speculation on that. Some think it's because it was highlighting that the Doctor possesses quite a dark side and it scares him, some think it's because he was lying and the Dream Lord is something very real and much worse (possibly the Valeyard) and so on.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      The Doctor stated that Rory was part of Amy's timeline prior to her becoming a time traveller, so his ceasing-to-ever-have-existed still affected her - she can only really resist the effects of the crack when it consumes events and people she experiences after becoming a time traveller.

Maybe the TARDIS could have offered some kind of protection, which is why we see the Doctor insisting she try hard to remember him, and why it takes so long for her to completely forget him, but it may not be total protection.

As for the console...well, there's a ton of speculation on that. Some think it's because it was highlighting that the Doctor possesses quite a dark side and it scares him, some think it's because he was lying and the Dream Lord is something very real and much worse (possibly the Valeyard) and so on.
      Um, what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Something that bugs me... Amy and The Doctor are inside the TARDIS which is a seperate dimension from the outside so shouldn't she be protected from the effects of the crack and not have forgotten Rory?
        "
        why would she forget rory? she' engaged to him. the wedding dress was in the first ep./ yes she might get to excited about being with the doctor but rory is right there since vampires of Venice/
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          why would she forget rory? she' engaged to him. the wedding dress was in the first ep./ yes she might get to excited about being with the doctor but rory is right there since vampires of Venice/
          Um
          Spoiler:
          have you seen the episode "Cold Blood" yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Um
            Spoiler:
            have you seen the episode "Cold Blood" yet?
            no it hasn't aired in america yet. but now your worrying me

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              no it hasn't aired in america yet. but now your worrying me
              I watched it and the two following episodes the....."other" way. Might want to stay away from this section of GW for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I watched it and the two following episodes the....."other" way. Might want to stay away from this section of GW for a while....
                im leaving Thursday so it doesn't matter

Comment

Also why was there extra time spent showing us the Doctor's face reflected in the console at the end of "Amy's Choice?"
                  Did you not notice when his reflection showed as the Dream Lord for a moment, thereby signifying that the evil Doctor part of him is always deep down inside? That was a significant little moment...

Well I don't think a separate dimension would protect anyone from having their memories and experiences erased. And yeah, as Sealurk explained, Rory was part of Amy's timeline (Remember all those flashes to them walking in the park pre-Doctor days and stuff?) and as such, his erasure from time would affect her because he happened with her before she became a time traveller. The clerics back in Flesh and Stone she met after she had become a time traveller. Fun times all around.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Did you not notice when his reflection showed as the Dream Lord for a moment, thereby signifying that the evil Doctor part of him is always deep down inside? That was a significant little moment...

No I must admit I must have missed that..... I caught the Doctor's own reflection but then missed the earlier one...

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Well I don't think a separate dimension would protect anyone from having their memories and experiences erased. And yeah, as Sealurk explained, Rory was part of Amy's timeline (Remember all those flashes to them walking in the park pre-Doctor days and stuff?) and as such, his erasure from time would affect her because he happened with her before she became a time traveller. The clerics back in Flesh and Stone she met after she had become a time traveller. Fun times all around.

Thanks guys I get the Amy forgetting part now.......... Still bugs me but I understand it better.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Just wondering, if Rory was erased from history so that he existed why is there a picture of him dressed up as a Roman when River is taken to Amy's time? If he was erased from history wouldn't it mean that picture was never taken?
                      Last edited by KatG; 24 June 2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Uh, I think you may want to add spoiler tags to that post Tanith. Not everybody gets Who at the same time.

That said, it's a good point. The Doctor did say
                        Spoiler:
                        even when people fall out of time, they always leave something behind. Maybe this was one of those things.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          That said, it's a good point. The Doctor did say
                          Spoiler:
                          even when people fall out of time, they always leave something behind. Maybe this was one of those things.
                          Spoiler:
                          Like the engagment ring

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                          X