This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite quotes

For me it has to be from Incursion Part 1. It was delivered by Rush to Young about Telford: "So we are to gamble this ship..and all of our lives.. in the hope that some trator has a change of heart". We all laughed out loud when he said that and it wasn't even meant to be funny! The way he delivered the lines. Great acting. Much more like this please.
    Last edited by Sussitout; 14 June 2010, 11:32 PM. Reason: Explanation

Rush in Time: "Hey. For a moment there, I thought we we're in trouble."

Classic

Comment

That line wasn't funny at all, you must have a weird sense of humour.

My favorite lines are from Eli:

Eli: “Do they? We’re 0 for 3 on close encounters of the third kind. What makes you think that these guys are gonna be any different?”

and

Eli: "Looks like we've entered the Hoth system

The only annoying thing is when he makes a joke referencing "geek culture" and they explain it afterwards, would much rather they just left it unexplained for those who got it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        That line wasn't funny at all, you must have a weird sense of humour.
        I suppose so. I like cynical humour and childish humour. This was cynical to the extreme.

Comment

I don't think Eli's Geek Jokes are especially rib-tickling, it's the way he expects a reaction, is disappointed when no one understands, and then tries to explain, that's funny.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

At the moment, I honestly can't remember any funny lines. I could probably think up some favorite quotes, but the thread seems to be focused on the humorous ones.

But, one moment that cracked me up that I do remember is in the first episode when the people at Icarus were evacuating through the Stargate. I loved how right before Eli walked through, he paused, took a deep breath and held it like he was going under in a pool.

Comment

i wonder if he would 'call' LOOK EWOKS if they ever saw the furlings!

Comment

Greer's 'I'm a little busy right now'.
                sigpic

Comment

There are quite a few great quotes, here's what I remember off the top of my head:

Eli: I'm going to need my lawyer to see this first.
                  O'Neil: And by "lawyer", I take it you mean "mother".

Eli: Can I have some pants?

Young: Is the computer-hacking drop-out going to have to save our asses, or are you going to pull your heads out of yours?

Lt. Scott: Maybe I can shoot my way out.
                  Young: Sure, there's no way the bullets will ricochet into your ass.

Eli: Well, this can't get any worse!
                  Rush: I'm afraid that's a failure of imagination.

Rush: I have never been more pleased to be wrong in all my life!

Greer: Now that is one sweet po-ta-to! It is food, gentlemen, it will keep you alive!

Lt.Scott: Sir, we're in a bit of a pickle here....(quite an understatement)

Riley: Don't forget the bug spray.

Comment

Whoops, how could I forget these ones:

Eli: Whoa, it's my first space battle you know!

Rush: Everyone, could I have your attention please? Good news, the ship will not be exploding. Not today at least. Thank you.

Comment

Eli: What, The, ...

Made me laugh SO hard!
                      sigpic

Comment

Youngs Statment that "make no mistake, this situation will be dealt with swiftly and deciseivly"
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Youngs Statment that "make no mistake, this situation will be dealt with swiftly and deciseivly"
                          Which it inevitably wasn't.

I think my favourite was Rush's "Well Mr Brody, time to panic and run away"
                          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                          "That he is concealing something."
                          "Like what?"
                          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Scott: It was a sizeable spider.

Comment

Working...
                            X