This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will sgu be like sga in terms of the 1st seasons

Well in sga they get stuck at atlantis on season one and so far sgu they have been stuck on the ship for season 1 I am just thinking maybe it will end up being a bit like atlantis and later on they can travel from and to earth but like not so easy they do it all the time but like maybe enough power to do like 1 trip every few months or something.

What do you all think? Will they stay stuck? or find a way to and from earth.

SGU seems to be about doing things differently than previous series--particularly SGA. I bet they'll stay stuck, and for the best.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really don't think they are going to be jumping back and forth to earth anytime soon... it was strange enough for the LA to make it out to them IMO but I am sure more will be revieled on that next season.
      Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I think it would be interesting for Destiny to somehow gain the capabilities to travel to Earth, but lets save that for post-season 2. Or....have it as as a season cliffhanger!

Comment

Well they have already showed it was possible in stargate atlantis when they show them traveling from galaxy to galaxy in a matter of minutes on last episode of atlantis

Comment

I think the only way to contact Earth will still be the communication stones. Planets tend to blow up when dialing Destiny
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't necessarily think Atlantis was ruined by them being able to travel back and forth, however they planned their trip and had enough supplies to not really have that aspect being an issue. SGU is different however and if they were able to get copious supplies it would certainly deplete the show of an important point.
              sigpic

Comment

considering that an Icarus planet is a supernuke waiting to go off, they probably are extraordinarily rare. as in, a handfull of them per galaxy *the only thing rarer would be a supermassive black hole, since the MW has only one*

what bothered me wasn't the contact with earth in SGA but rather the casual intergalactic travel.

Comment

Maybe eventually they will be able to have a supply line from Earth but it probably won't happen.
                  sigpic

Comment

If they found a way to create a supply line to Destiny that wouldn't surprise me, but I seriously doubt that they'll find a way to go back and forth.

Comment

I hope not!

For me SGA lost that magic of exploring the unknown when they made contact with Earth. I was interested in what they would find in that amazing city first and foremost. Then to add to my disappointment they ended up travelling from the Pegasus to MW galaxy and back quicker than I could walk to the end of my road (all 100 feet of it!) I was looking forward to seeing how all those people, knowing it was a one way trip were going to deal with it once they got there.

Thank goodness SGU is doing this, OK these people didn't volunteer and get selected according to required specialties for a particular mission like those in SGA did due to unforseen circumstances, but dealing with the isolation of knowing that there is no possibility of getting back is the thing for me. When things got bad in SGA Earth came to the rescue it seemed to me. Even though they have communication with Earth through the stones there is no possibility of physical contact with uber Earth ships or a fantastical prototype gate that solves the 9th chevron volatile power requirements (I'm really hoping not!) and so makes Earth a background player in this show. As time goes by it would make sense to me that communication between Earth and the Destiny would diminish, as those on Destiny begin to carve out the blueprint for their lives on Destiny based on their survival experiences there, rather than on what they left behind.

What would be the only contact with Earth, if it had to be for me would be in the last scene of the series, the two groups will have nothing in common when they meet for the first time after a number of years in the future.

Comment

I'm really hoping they end up truly stranded and communication with Earth isn't an option anymore
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          SGU seems to be about doing things differently than previous series--particularly SGA. I bet they'll stay stuck, and for the best.
                          agreed break the destiny master code about mid season 3 till then keep the crew stranded and without any control
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hope they don't manage to make full contact with Earth, would just ruin it in my opinion. Also hope something happens that makes the communication stones useless so that they will truly be isolated.

Comment

I think the only connection with Earth will be the communication stones. I don't see any travel happening back and forth, that would be too ridiculous. If they found a way to travel to Earth from the other side of the universe it would ruin the whole show which is based on a group of people surviving far far away from home.

In fact, I hope they never get back to Earth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X