"Rivers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rivers"

As much as the PTB are trying to rid themselves of the bad habits they picked up in the later years of SG-1 and SGA, they still can't shake them all. Of course when Kiva finally kills someone it's some redshirt that we've never seen or heard of before. Why didn't they have Kiva kill Becker or Dunning (or is it Demming) or even Corporal Barnes? Barnes only appeared once, in Pain, and Becker and Dunning have been around enough to be above the level of redshirt, but still wouldn't be a character that the PTB would be afraid of losing for story purposes. Making Kiva's first kill be someone we know would have given it more impact, would have made the audience feel Young's anger at Rush, and would have made Rush's comments seem even more cold and callous.

Perfecto!

rivers has been around since ep one im going to miss him ;(
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He's not a redshirt if he's got a name!

Comment

I remembered when he was shot, and was sad. He appeared in "Life" at a minimum. Did he appear in any other episodes?

Comment

They need to start identifying these background characters more. That way when they killed off it will be more impactful.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah I really did not care that much after they said the name I was like who was it.. who was it... oh okay whats next... did show what a B%^&$ Kiva was though...
            Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Okay so I just looked the character up on the stargate wiki: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Rivers_(Destiny)

According to that he is the guy Park was sleeping with in the beginning of "Life". I don't remember him ever being identified by name on screen, and I don't even think he was shown in "Incursion" until he was shot, so I think my point still stands. They should have used a character that was more known, imo.

Perfecto!

Comment

who would you have liked to see killed? mwahahaha
                Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NavyGater View Post
                  who would you have liked to see killed? mwahahaha
                  As I said, someone like Becker or Dunning who have been around in several episodes, but aren't huge characters whose death wouldn't impede future story telling. Though there are a lot of major characters whose deaths wouldn't impede story telling since there seems to be a lot of characters with the same job, ie Rush, Eli, Volker, Brody, and Park all being scientists, and Young, Telford, Scott, James, and Greer all being soldiers, as opposed to SG-1 or SGA where there were only one or two major characters with each job.
                  Last edited by Major_Griff; 14 June 2010, 07:53 PM.

Perfecto!

Comment

yeah I really did not care that much after they said the name I was like who was it.. who was it... oh okay whats next... did show what a B%^&$ Kiva was though...
                    Yeah. She so did not hesitate to shoot him either.

Walks in, BAM, Rivers is dead. Then starts yelling at Telford. Lol.

Comment

who would you have liked to see killed?
                      james

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Okay so I just looked the character up on the stargate wiki: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Rivers_(Destiny)

According to that he is the guy Park was sleeping with in the beginning of "Life". I don't remember him ever being identified by name on screen, and I don't even think he was shown in "Incursion" until he was shot, so I think my point still stands. They should have used a character that was more known, imo.
                        I remember him, you can't forget his mustache. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
                          I remember him, you can't forget his mustache. lol
                          oh that guy ..i won't miss him

Comment

Perhaps being a member of Parks book club signals your death?
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                              Perhaps being a member of Parks book club signals your death?
                              I hope not. Greer must stick around.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X