Star Wars: KoToR Game(s) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: KoToR Game(s) Discussion

I just wanted to start a thread specifically for the discussion of the Bioware KoToR Games and also speculation and hope for a 3rd release sometime in my lifetime.

I played the First KoToR on the original xbox years ago, but I recently bought it on Steam for 5$ a few months back. What a deal it was !

It's one of the first RPG games I've ever played, and I became so engrossed in it. The game was so fleshed out, the characters so well made.

I'm still not sure of my favorite "side" to play on, but I'm leaning more towards the light side. You get far more character quest options, and conversation choices.

I played KoToR 2 many years later, but it was a big let down.

I'm still waiting for the release of the 3rd installment... or hoping they'll make one. I'd personally much rather take a KoToR 3 over the Forces Unleashed anyday. And I bet 95% of fans/gamers out there would agree with me on that too.

Talk about your favorite characters, planets, missions, conversations... deaths, betrayals, the fate of Raven... etc.

I'd prefer a KotOR III over FUII, but only by a hair. They were both excellent games.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

KOTOR2 wasn't by BioWare buddy. Obsidian took over because BioWare wanted to focus on their own IP (which is why we have Mass Effect and Dragon Age now). That's why it sucked so much

In fairness though, KOTOR2 was vastly improved by installing restored content mods. Still not as good as the first one, but much better than the vanilla release.

I wouldn't hold your breath for KOTOR3 though. It was cancelled to make way for The Old Republic.

TOR, incidentally, recently added a whole new depth to the fall of Revan and Malak in their Jedi Civil War history video.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        I'd prefer a KotOR III over FUII, but only by a hair. They were both excellent games.
        You've played them already?

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        KOTOR2 wasn't by BioWare buddy. Obsidian took over because BioWare wanted to focus on their own IP (which is why we have Mass Effect and Dragon Age now). That's why it sucked so much

In fairness though, KOTOR2 was vastly improved by installing restored content mods. Still not as good as the first one, but much better than the vanilla release.

I wouldn't hold your breath for KOTOR3 though. It was cancelled to make way for The Old Republic.

TOR, incidentally, recently added a whole new depth to the fall of Revan and Malak in their Jedi Civil War history video.
        Oh, I already know that friend. I just wish they took the time to make a proper game.

Comment

Remember buying it when it first came out on the pc... One of the best deals ever The game, story, characters, locations, all were damn near perfect. The replay value was also great, I played it again and again, light/dark, male/female, continously experiencing new things and finding new stuff I didn't know about before.

KotOR 2 was less than the first, but far from a bad game. The story and the characters were better I think, but because the game was so rushed to the deadline not everything was as fleshed out as it should've been. That's what ruined it imo... It could've been a masterpiece, but instead became just 'pretty good'.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

In fairness though, KOTOR2 was vastly improved by installing restored content mods. Still not as good as the first one, but much better than the vanilla release..
            Haven't played the game with the restored content mods... What are the best ones? I followed the Team Gizka mod for a while, but that one didn't seem to go anywhere.
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I'm actually hoping the success of ToR will lead to a KoToR 3 down the line somewhere.

Also, I don't believe it was cancelled? was it ever actually in the making?
              Last edited by Alan Wake; 14 June 2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                Haven't played the game with the restored content mods... What are the best ones? I followed the Team Gizka mod for a while, but that one didn't seem to go anywhere.
                TSL Restored Content Mod was really very good at restoring a ton of stuff. I also really want to give the M4-78 Enhancement Project a shot too, whenever I get around to playing KOTOR2 again.

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                I'm actually hoping the success of ToR will lead to a KoToR 3 down the line somewhere.

Also, I don't believe it was cancelled? was it ever actually in the making?
                At one point they (BioWare) talked about it, and that they had started working on the story they wanted to tell. As far as I know they got pretty far along in the conceptualization process (without starting any real game-building) when it was announced they were cancelling it to do TOR.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Okay, So I've recently started a new game. The biggest thing I dislike about KoToR 1 ( the only thing ) is Tarris. I hate this whole level so much.

Something about it just gets under my skin.

I'll take the Paragus level from KoToR 2 anyday over Tarris.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    Okay, So I've recently started a new game. The biggest thing I dislike about KoToR 1 ( the only thing ) is Tarris. I hate this whole level so much.

Something about it just gets under my skin.

I'll take the Paragus level from KoToR 2 anyday over Tarris.
                    I love Taris

On another note, I wish someone would make a mod updating all the textures and models to modern standards. It would really be worth the time and effort, the game being so enduring.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      I love Taris

On another note, I wish someone would make a mod updating all the textures and models to modern standards. It would really be worth the time and effort, the game being so enduring.
                      It would be nice, but it would take away from some of the "class" that is the game we've come and loved

Comment

still quite liked 2, though less than the first game, think my favourite part was when you split up on dxun and onderon, well the whole dxun/onderon bit but that in particular, mira always led the temple team in my games

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                          still quite liked 2, though less than the first game, think my favourite part was when you split up on dxun and onderon, well the whole dxun/onderon bit but that in particular, mira always led the temple team in my games
                          That was awesome, yes One of my favourite moments in the games.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Despite my like of all the characters, whenever I played the first game I always found myself sticking to the same group of teammates. Usually it was me, Bastal? and Jole - the old hermit Jedi.

Carth really got on my nerves at times, and so did Mission.

The cat girl either died every play through, or never let the ship and I never used the droids.

Comment

lol I'm the same way, except my preferred characters were Bastila and HK-47, sometimes Canderous.

Carth annoyed the hell out of me too, I got to the point where I'd pick dialogue options just to antagonize him.

Comment

Working...
                              X