Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: TJ/Varro SHIP - a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    Exactly. Now I'm curious. How could this ship work? What will happen?
    I don't know how they'll make this work if they go ahead with it. He has a lot to do to redeem himself. I don't know if he'll ever be able to redeem himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    I don't know how they'll make this work if they go ahead with it. He has a lot to do to redeem himself. I don't know if he'll ever be able to redeem himself.
    I have a little theory, it's based on nothing, but
    Spoiler:
    what if some Alliance members were also brainwashed like Telford? And Varro being one of them.
    Spoiler:
    And even Eli's girl?

TJ/Varro ship aside, I can't also imagine our crew working together with members of LA.

I still like the possibility of TJ/Varro. I like how both characters interacted with each other. For me they would have to redeem Varro a bit, which I can easily see, because he really doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. He just seems like hes someone whos done what hes needed to do in life. He'll probably have some kind of tragic backstory or something; so he could seem more sympathetic. I dunno. I could see it as a possibility and actually not minding it, as long as its done slowly, building trust and friendship between the 2 characters first; and actually showing the viewers those moments would help. I don't just want to be told that they're bffs all of a sudden in one ep and have them sleeping together in the next ep.

I have a little theory, it's based on nothing, but
    Spoiler:
    what if some Alliance members were also brainwashed like Telford? And Varro being one of them.
    Spoiler:
    And even Eli's girl?

TJ/Varro ship aside, I can't also imagine our crew working together with members of LA.
    hmm I like that theory and
    Spoiler:
    I think that's the only theory that'll redeem Varro in my eyes and make it possible for their to be a romance between Varro and TJ. I can't see it working any other way, especially not if he was resposible for his own actions. I can't see how she would ever be able to forgive him.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I still like the possibility of TJ/Varro. I like how both characters interacted with each other. For me they would have to redeem Varro a bit, which I can easily see, because he really doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. He just seems like hes someone whos done what hes needed to do in life. He'll probably have some kind of tragic backstory or something; so he could seem more sympathetic. I dunno. I could see it as a possibility and actually not minding it, as long as its done slowly, building trust and friendship between the 2 characters first; and actually showing the viewers those moments would help. I don't just want to be told that they're bffs all of a sudden in one ep and have them sleeping together in the next ep.
    But isn't that the Stargate way? Either putting them together from no where or dragging it along to death and back?

But isn't that the Stargate way? Either putting them together from no where or dragging it along to death and back?
    Maybe this time it'll have fair amount of both.

Maybe, they've learned their lesson lol (what? I can hope lol ). I don't mind the dragging out too much(I actually prefer it to people saying "I love you" or getting into bed out of no where) as long as there is some definate resolution one way or another at the end. I prefer not to have loose ends; it just causes too many issues when feelings or potential relationships remain unresolved at the end of a series lol .

Maybe this time it'll have fair amount of both.
    Third time lucky then?

Maybe, they've learned their lesson lol (what? I can hope lol ). I don't mind the dragging out too much(I actually prefer it to people saying "I love you" or getting into bed out of no where) as long as there is some definate resolution one way or another at the end. I prefer not to have loose ends; it just causes too many issues when feelings or potential relationships remain unresolved at the end of a series lol .
    I don't mind the dragging out either....To a point......BUT 10 PLUS YEARS??? Yeah that's overkill

Third time lucky then?

I don't mind the dragging out either....To a point......BUT 10 PLUS YEARS??? Yeah that's overkill
    It is a bit of overkill, but don't really mind as long as it gets resolved one way or another. If your talking S/J there, that should've been dealt with in a definate way by season 9 or at the very least by the series finale. I was rewatching JAG, and I honestly didn't mind them dragging out Mac/Harm until the finale, I actually preferred it that way lol

It is a bit of overkill, but don't really mind as long as it gets resolved one way or another. If your talking S/J there, that should've been dealt with in a definate way by season 9 or at the very least by the series finale. I was rewatching JAG, and I honestly didn't mind them dragging out Mac/Harm until the finale, I actually preferred it that way lol
    Yes I was referring to S/J and it still isn't resolved As for Harm/Mac. Well they dragged it on that long that in the end I didn't care if they got together or not. I think they can drag it on for too long and that can almost be as bad as romance coming out of thin air For me anyways

But if they want pointers on how to do proper development in the romance department then I would look no further than DS9 and B5

See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if that makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thats just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

I agree that both DS9 and B5 did relationships well.
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; September 23rd, 2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: horrible typos lol :P

See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if thaty makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thanks just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

Yep I understand perfectly

Yep I understand perfectly

Cool lol

See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if that makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thats just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

As for how long it takes, I just thought about this, yes sometimes I can be a bit slow Anywho, I loved the Odo/Kira ship in DS9 and that took 6 years to develop to the stage of romance. So I think I don't mind how long it takes just so long as it's done right and Odo/Kira is a prime example of a ship ticking all the right boxes.It may have taken a while for Kira to realise how much she cared for Odo (cause he knew how he felt years before but it was never hinted at then put on the back burner almost forgotten and then brought back out to suddenly resolve. Their relationship developed over the course of 6 years and us the viewers got to see this development. The worst thing that happened on TV shows is important stuff all happening off screen As for Harm/Mac, well they hinted at it for a while then it was put away then they brought it back out for a while to give it an airing then it was shoved in a closet somewhere again till near the end of the show where they thought they'd just go *poof* and resolve it. By that time I gave up caring Another thing I hate with ships is when they give us all this will they/won't they crap and nothing much happens till the show is nearing it's conclusion and they decide they have to get them together now and then......THE END. At least with Odo/Kira we got a whole season and a bit after they got together to enjoy it

Still waiting on Sam/Jack resloution, I have a feeling hell will freeze over first before we get that

But I really do hope they have learned by their numerous past mistakes from SG1 and SGA and don't do the same mistakes on SGU. I'd like to see a good mature healthy relationship on SGU.You know, with both of them having mutual respect for one another. I think if they can find a way to redeem Varro he and TJ could have that. I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.

And now I'm rambling so I'll shut up for now

As for how long it takes, I just thought about this, yes sometimes I can be a bit slow Anywho, I loved the Odo/Kira ship in DS9 and that took 6 years to develop to the stage of romance. So I think I don't mind how long it takes just so long as it's done right and Odo/Kira is a prime example of a ship ticking all the right boxes.It may have taken a while for Kira to realise how much she cared for Odo (cause he knew how he felt years before but it was never hinted at then put on the back burner almost forgotten and then brought back out to suddenly resolve. Their relationship developed over the course of 6 years and us the viewers got to see this development. The worst thing that happened on TV shows is important stuff all happening off screen As for Harm/Mac, well they hinted at it for a while then it was put away then they brought it back out for a while to give it an airing then it was shoved in a closet somewhere again till near the end of the show where they thought they'd just go *poof* and resolve it. By that time I gave up caring Another thing I hate with ships is when they give us all this will they/won't they crap and nothing much happens till the show is nearing it's conclusion and they decide they have to get them together now and then......THE END. At least with Odo/Kira we got a whole season and a bit after they got together to enjoy it

Still waiting on Sam/Jack resloution, I have a feeling hell will freeze over first before we get that

But I really do hope they have learned by their numerous past mistakes from SG1 and SGA and don't do the same mistakes on SGU. I'd like to see a good mature healthy relationship on SGU.You know, with both of them having mutual respect for one another. I think if they can find a way to redeem Varro he and TJ could have that. I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.

And now I'm rambling so I'll shut up for now
    LOL, I ramble all the time, and I'm always having to tell myself to shut up lol , so its cool I hope they've learned their lesson too. I really did like Varro, so I'm hoping he ends up being a basically good guy, who got caught up in things and made some bad choices in his life. I actually like characters that aren't all good and don't always do the right thing; but that aren't really evil or bad and have good reasons to do what they did. I tend to find characters like that interesting. He seemed to be particularly caring towards TJ and her situation so I hope they can at least be friends but more could be interesting if done right.

Relationships have never been my main reason for watching any show so the dragging out doesn't annoy me as long as its fits the show and its not ott or too in your face(those are the kind I generally don't like anyway). Kira/Odo were cool and I did like what they with that. Hopefully hell won't freeze over before Sam/Jack happen, cuz that should happen in an sg1 movie, and I want another movie.
    Ok now I'm the one rambling and should shut up lol

I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.
    When was that? "Subversion"?

LOL, I ramble all the time, and I'm always having to tell myself to shut up lol , so its cool I hope they've learned their lesson too. I really did like Varro, so I'm hoping he ends up being a basically good guy, who got caught up in things and made some bad choices in his life. I actually like characters that aren't all good and don't always do the right thing; but that aren't really evil or bad and have good reasons to do what they did. I tend to find characters like that interesting. He seemed to be particularly caring towards TJ and her situation so I hope they can at least be friends but more could be interesting if done right.

Relationships have never been my main reason for watching any show so the dragging out doesn't annoy me as long as its fits the show and its not ott or too in your face(those are the kind I generally don't like anyway). Kira/Odo were cool and I did like what they with that. Hopefully hell won't freeze over before Sam/Jack happen, cuz that should happen in an sg1 movie, and I want another movie.
    Ok now I'm the one rambling and should shut up lol
    I hope so too, I think if they kept him around it could be a good thing I do hate OTT romance too

I hope we get some kind of resolution in the next movie....If it ever gets made

Rambling is good for the soul

When was that? "Subversion"?
    Um.....I can't remember. I think the last ep when everything went to hell in a hand basket. When the whole plan went down the drain.

Or did you mean when I started liking the guy? Okay I'm tired cause I haven't been sleeping well lately so you'll have to forgive my confusion

Um.....I can't remember. I think the last ep when everything went to hell in a hand basket. When the whole plan went down the drain.

Or did you mean when I started liking the guy? Okay I'm tired cause I haven't been sleeping well lately so you'll have to forgive my confusion
    Both? When did you find Varro to be likable?

Both? When did you find Varro to be likable?
    In the infirmary, when he was talking to TJ (well he was talking, she was ignoring, or trying to ) He didn't seem like a bad guy, just a guy in a bad situation and I thought "he could be the one to turn on the LA" But then everything started to fall apart and he killed that guy for trying to protect himself and TJ from being killed.

In the infirmary, when he was talking to TJ (well he was talking, she was ignoring, or trying to ) He didn't seem like a bad guy, just a guy in a bad situation and I thought "he could be the one to turn on the LA" But then everything started to fall apart and he killed that guy for trying to protect himself and TJ from being killed.
    He didn't seem like e bad guy when he threatened to kill Rush? Of course he could've been just, eh, motivating Rush.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast