Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Talking Re: TJ/Varro SHIP - a possibility?

om...g.

Warning: long rambling post ahead (as if you couldn't see that for yourself)

First off, I thought I had made a mistake voicing my opinion of this, soon feeling like a weirdo. My friends have always accused me of being overly sensitive to certain "signs" (er...I couldn't find a better word) in people.

But I thought the spark between them...or at least the heat coming from him...was MORE than obvious. I'm so glad others have noticed this (even if they disliked it). Validation rocks. I shall be showing this thread to my friends. *smugness ensues*

Anywho,

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB108 View Post
    I dont know if there are/were any?? So I started one myself lol

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6055514/1/Broken
    I. love. you.

IMMEDIATELY after Incursion 2 came out, I went to ff.net and searched for their pairing and of course found NONE. I LOVE YOU FOR CREATING ONE!!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH!!! You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Varro is the only reason I'm considering watching S2. I would love for there to be more to this ship.
    YAY! I'm so glad you feel so strongly about the pairing. I was actually kinda losing interest in SGU...relationship-wise and the fact that the storylines don't seem half as engaging as before...mainly because they focus so much on relationships. Weird, but...I liked the techno-babble even if I could barely decipher it. And the relationships are sooooo....DARK. It bothers me that they are all so...wounded. I realize it's a more realistic depiction of people, but if I wanted reality when I watch TV, I'd watch the news, no? *nods in self-affirmation*

Not that I was fluffy cotton candy clouds. I just mean a little light never hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post
    Love TJ. Just wish that she would get someone decent to be with.
    I don't necessarily think he's decent by nature...cough...but I think he'd try very hard to please her and may eventually become decent? Possibly. Maybe. Oh well, good news is he's great fodder for fanfic...where we can MAKE him decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    This is the first show where I get to support the main, canon pairing and I refuse to let anything get in the way!
    LOL! Having been one to always support the main cannons, this is a risque move for me...and even though we seem to be total opposites, I can still sympathize. But I must admit...if I knew support a secondary cannon could be this fun, I would've done it ages it ago! So I'm sad to see you NOT support it, but if you would like to drop in here from time to time, it could be a lot of fun. Besides...who said you can't support two ships at once? I was into Shweir but I was also sorta kinda feeling McWeir and Sheyla. Shhh!

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    I'm not in favor of TJ/Varro. Partly because he's one of the LA. And they are responsible for what happened to her and with what I assume is going to be the loss of her baby. And I really, really doubt he can do anything to make up for being part of the group that caused that. Plus he's also part of the group that caused the deaths of some of her shipmates and caused untold damage at this point. How do you forgive something like that? (And if she does forgive it, I'll have less of an opinion of her, even though I really like her.) His "let's bygones-be-bygones" comment just isn't enough.
    See, I don't think she would be so easily appeased. I don't think she even feels anything for him. I think it's totally one-sided...for now. But even in the future I don't see her ever really forgiving him unless he does something to redeem himself...like put his life on the line to save one...more than one...of her people.

And MY GOODNESS his let bygones-be-bygones comment was the stupidest thing I had ever heard! He just didn't get it. But I think he's just like that....again, for now. I think, if he gets more screen time, then the probable progression would be that he earns a bit more depth in perception from her. She would definitely make him understand that after you kill off members of a person's community, that person cannot just let bygones-be-bygones.

The reason why the possibility of this ship appeals to me is because of this tension between them. Not only is he the enemy, but she's also in love with Young. But right now, being hostage to the Lucian Alliance, she's under Varro's mercy...and so far, only he and Koz have been kind to the Destiny crew. So...it's kinda interesting. =D More than kinda, actually.

Anyway, a lot of people are hesitant about the ship and I may have jumped the gun, but I HOPE in S2, there's more evidence. I can't wait!!! =D

And yay to all the people who are excited for this! I hope this will fuel more fanfics in the future.

Default Re: TJ/Varro SHIP - a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Promitikins View Post

I. love. you.

IMMEDIATELY after Incursion 2 came out, I went to ff.net and searched for their pairing and of course found NONE. I LOVE YOU FOR CREATING ONE!!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH!!! You rock!
    Ha! You are welcome. Hoping to have chapter two up by tomorrow!

can't go there. I am too mad about what the Lucian Alliance takeover has (apparently)
    done to TJ's baby. He is not forgiveable in my book!
    Of course, my own pregnancy hormones are probably influencing me here some, too!

I honestly thought there was more chemistry between TJ and Koz. Koz has that "puppy dog who's in over his head" look all the time.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I dont know if there are/were any?? So I started one myself lol

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6055514/1/Broken
    Off to check it out! The main question is, am I up to the angst I know you like to write?

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Off to check it out! The main question is, am I up to the angst I know you like to write?
    LOL You tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler View Post
    I honestly thought there was more chemistry between TJ and Koz. Koz has that "puppy dog who's in over his head" look all the time.
    A mentor/student type thing maybe. When she recovers, maybe she'll teach him how to be a proper medic - at least with as much knowledge as she herself has. They definitely need more than one medic person aboard the Destiny.

LOL You tell me!
    I enjoyed it a lot. I've got your story bookmarked and am looking forward to more. It's just, I'm usually all about fluff and happiness. That just won't work for quite some time really for this ship.

I enjoyed it a lot. I've got your story bookmarked and am looking forward to more. It's just, I'm usually all about fluff and happiness. That just won't work for quite some time really for this ship.
    There may be underlying angst and outward hostility from TJ's end towards him, but I'm sure he has it in him to be a bit cheeky and entertaining...so that could count for some fluff.

Chief Master Sergeant GenieinaZPM's Avatar

I'd support the pairing if it was done properly. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. I don't think there would be any issues from Youngs end, since there hasn't been anything between them since before Destiny. He cheated on his wife with her, but now he wants to work through their issues and repair the marriage. As attracted as he is to TJ, his wife is more important. I have no theories on how he's planning on handling the baby though.

As for Varro not being decent by nature, we don't know that for sure. Maybe he's just a good guy that's done some bad things. Maybe he needs the love of a good woman to set him straight lol...

Yay! Off to read!

but he DEFINITELY seems interested in her. Why try to make conversation with her repeatedly?
    I noticed that too and I wondered all the time why show interest with a pregnant woman? Not because I have something against pregnant women but Varro's attempts seemed weird. Unless the writers have already decided that TJ is going to lose her child. I think that if she loses the child there will be no possibility for TJ/Young anymore because of the pain it would cause. I was under the impression that even if the child was ok they would raise it together but not being in a relationship. I think TJ/Varro have some future but I'm not sure yet if I would support that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    I noticed that too and I wondered all the time why show interest with a pregnant woman? Not because I have something against pregnant women but Varro's attempts seemed weird. Unless the writers have already decided that TJ is going to lose her child. I think that if she loses the child there will be no possibility for TJ/Young anymore because of the pain it would cause. I was under the impression that even if the child was ok they would raise it together but not being in a relationship. I think TJ/Varro have some future but I'm not sure yet if I would support that ship.
    Yeah, I get that. She's obviously "taken" so why bother? But some guys just don't really care. In any case, considering her circumstances, I didn't find it sleazy on his part. She's sleeping with a married man, so Varro doesn't seem that bad in my opinion.

When she was shot in the end, I had a feeling all those attempts by Varro to get on better terms with her would lead to something more--because she's certainly not dead, but her baby's gone. Leaving the way open for something else. I think.

If the baby's gone, I think she'd still have feelings for Young. I think that's sorta hard to get over, even if you've lost a baby with that person. ESPECIALLY if you've lost a baby...wouldn't that bring you closer? Er...make you want to cling? I don't know.

I hope though Varro gets whatever she's going through (though...he does seem kinda clueless at the moment to how normal people think/feel ) and he can be a crutch.

Yeah, I get that. She's obviously "taken" so why bother? But some guys just don't really care. In any case, considering her circumstances, I didn't find it sleazy on his part. She's sleeping with a married man, so Varro doesn't seem that bad in my opinion.
    I don't mean he seems bad because of that. His behaviour made me think immediately that the writers were going to kill TJ's baby.

If the baby's gone, I think she'd still have feelings for Young. I think that's sorta hard to get over, even if you've lost a baby with that person. ESPECIALLY if you've lost a baby...wouldn't that bring you closer? Er...make you want to cling? I don't know.
    I think that even looking at Young may constantly remind her of her child because it was his child. I'm not sure how I'd react in such situation. And certainly different people react differently so I suppose we must just wait

From JM's blog:

MrsB writes: “Will the Varro/TJ storyline develop more next season? And moreso a Varro/TJ/Young storyline?”

Answer: Possibly.

Staff Sergeant

From JM's blog:

MrsB writes: “Will the Varro/TJ storyline develop more next season? And moreso a Varro/TJ/Young storyline?”

So, we will be getting a Varro/TJ/Young three-way!?! Interesting....

From JM's blog:

YES!!!! Thanks for asking! It didn't even occur to me to ask him about it. This gives me hope. Yay!

I'm still a ship cynic. As much as I like this possiblity, I'll be treating it like all of my other non-canon ships. If I get too invested, I know I'll get heart broken.

Anywhere listening to ScottGrimes' Album"Drive"

We need some fanfic for this ship between seasons.....
    Even though I'm not in favor of this ship, I could probably come up with a decent fic for the pairing. Mainly because I love TJ. And I could write for her all day!

Ideas are coming just thinking about it.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi