No announcement yet.

Stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be extremely dangerous but that is certainly something i never considered.

Comment

Daaaaaamn! @_____@ Someone who can e-mail this to TPTB, do it! There's still time to re-record some scenes to include this, if they haven't done it already!

@SG67: I will green you everyday until SGU comes back, you're awesome man! Or girl. Or whatever you are...
      One Ring to rule the Dark Side
      sigpic
      Sith Nazghul

Comment

Excellent.. Excellent idea. I had put in another post that Young had seemed a little giving to the idea of a prisoner exchange. From a Command point of view giving away all your hostages leaves you no bargaining room against the attackers. We know that Oneil and Young have plotted out of the loop before and we didn't see the full conversation they had. Oneil asking young if he was "up for this" could have had a layered meaning we weren't aware of. Kiva may very well not have suspected such a thing.

I'm going to hold on to this one till next season.

Comment

Even if the pulsar has no effect on the stones, this idea would not work. In order for the stones to work, each party has to have direct contact with them to imprint and allow their minds to be switched. Otherwise, yes, I do believe it would be a great idea. Regardless of whether a soldier is switched into a more unfit persons body, they would still have a soldiers knowledge which would definitely be more beneficial than nothing at all.
          sigpic

Comment

Dude, what are you doing watching SGU? You should be writing it.

Comment

Cool idea sg67 - greeny for you!
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Get four jack bauers and switch them out with the LA guys... Bingo.

Comment

That idea is awesome.

Use the stones and switch places with commandos on Earth and keep the LA guys in lockdown on Earth. The stones should work because Young was using them while the star was hitting them.

I would love season 2 to open with the LA about to execute Young and all the military and all of a sudden one of the LA just guns down all the other ones in the room, turns to Young and says "Looks like I do need to be here." and his face is shown to be O'Neill.
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by sg67 View Post
                    It seems to me that the prisoner exchange would have been a good time to use the stones. Instead of returning the LA soldiers, switch them out with some earth based soldiers via the stones. That way you can position your own men on the inside of the LA foothold and then strike from two fronts (well, more than just Telford on the inside).

Anyone think Young may have actually done this?
                    thats a great idea even if it had to fail in the episode they should have tried that and who to send hmmmmm Ronon and Teal'c hahaha
                    Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      I don't think the pulsar would have any affect on the stones.
                      How do you know? If going in and out of FTL kicks them in and out, why not a pulsar?

I would love season 2 to open with the LA about to execute Young and all the military and all of a sudden one of the LA just guns down all the other ones in the room, turns to Young and says "Looks like I do need to be here." and his face is shown to be O'Neill.
                      Or mitchell and Teal'c.

Comment

But the personel would have to be from earth and wasn't it said earlier they have to be Volunteers witch would be very dangerous mission to go on. But I bet O'neil would do it, so you still should write the show though.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          Remember in SGU they don't explain everything upfront, so they may have done just that. If they did that would be awesome.
                          That would be so entirely badass if that's what they did. Young did give up the ship rather easily.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            How do you know? If going in and out of FTL kicks them in and out, why not a pulsar?
                            The Gate disconnected the stones since the user of the gate gets rearanged at a different location. Kind of the same with FTL, no matter how the stones work, they sense and use the coordinates of the user. If the ship now goes out of FTL the user isnt anymore at the same point wich it supposed and has to search the coordinates again, therefore loosing connection.

Now in case of the Pulsar, wouldnt every Pulsar on the way of the signal disturb it? Even if not, these planets are inactive for 45 minutes each time. So that would be plenty of time to get your soldiers in there and start the counter messures.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Not it we were not close to those other pulsars.

Comment

Originally posted by sg67 View Post
                                It seems to me that the prisoner exchange would have been a good time to use the stones. Instead of returning the LA soldiers, switch them out with some earth based soldiers via the stones. That way you can position your own men on the inside of the LA foothold and then strike from two fronts (well, more than just Telford on the inside).

Anyone think Young may have actually done this?
                                Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                                Dude, what are you doing watching SGU? You should be writing it.
                                i sense much hope in the forums future
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X