"This ship does not belong to us"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    Your argument is contradictory. If it was the Goa'uld that spread humans from Earth around the galaxy, then they're all obviously just as related to the Ancients as we are.
    Maybe, but theyre still distant cousins.

Not that the Ancients left anything for us in the first place, the fact that we have it is all just incidental.
    And what was Atlantis? They locked every gate address except Earth, why? Cause Weir was a good and truthful person?

Come on now, youre messing with me right? Or you just like a good argument.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
      Maybe, but theyre still distant cousins.
      To who? Us? What difference does that make? We're no closer related to the Ancients than they are, as their ancestors are from Earth too.

And what was Atlantis? They locked every gate address except Earth, why? Cause Weir was a good and truthful person?
      They? It was Janus acting alone, in fact I seem to remember that the rest of the Ancients objected to his plans. Janus only seemed interested in the fact that 'our kind' meaning humans had returned to the city, and he wanted to make sure that happened again, being from Earth had nothing to do with it. We're no more special to them than any other humans in either galaxy are.
      Last edited by KEK; 15 June 2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

The Ancient Council were willing to block all gate addresses, but Weir didn't want that, so Janus blocked all but Earth

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
          Ah, the British Museum. Home to (but not limited to) Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Chinese, Japanese, and Scandinavian treasures. Gifts from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, the Far East and Oceania. Thousands of years of collective history, all under one roof (no flash photography or videograophy, please).

God save the Queen, indeed!
          Gun beats spear!
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Furliciousy2k9 View Post
            ..SNIP..
            So, what I'm trying to say is that, perhaps it is true that the 9th chevron was something the LA had been working on for quite some time and that they hold a gudge against us for taking it from them. Something that also makes it plausible is that I've read somewhere on this forum that in the extended Air ep Rush had mentioned that the 9th chevron "story/myth, etc" is common throughout the MW galaxy. But since I haven't seen it myself I can't be sure his line went exactly like that.
            Which leads me to wonder if the LA was not already planning an 'excursion' to the Destiny and are peeved we got there first.

That said, Earth is probably just going to use the technology or secrets to enforce their own will same as the LA, so... *shrug*
            Good point. Though what makes our 'hogging it' any better than theirs?

The line that caught my attension more was - next time we send the supplies with the first wave. I find it hard to believe Kiva doesn't know that the planet was destroyed. She should know what happened to planet the Icarus base was on. So does the LA have another Naquadria core planet to set up a base on?
            Maybe it was her making a comment in hind sight.. Not literally.

We found it so its ours. Perhaps for completeness, we can book it in as found property at the local Police Station and wait 30 days for the owner to collect it...if no Ancients arrive then its ours.
            Which would suck if one decended just to claim it.

( and you don't see an outpost of that kind anywhere else )
            Proclarush Taonas...

We are closer to the ancients ( ATA gene, I know it has no purpose on destiny, but still it's part of the ancients' DNA. ) .
            Good point, though who is to say that there are not others with that gene through out the MW? Also what of the people of Kwolna (Jonas's people).. They were supposedly more advanced.
            Whos' to say they were not also decedents of ancients.

The Ancient Council were willing to block all gate addresses, but Weir didn't want that, so Janus blocked all but Earth
            True that.
            Though it does bring up the point, If janus had NOT blocked the other addresses, would the pegasus people have had more of a claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Furliciousy2k9 View Post
              We have heard this mysterious line been said twice, once by Telford (Subversion) and once by Varro (Incursion part 2), but what does it mean?

In Subversion, Telford's line could be interpreted as just some "brainwashed ramble" but it could also be the point of view of the LA (specially in the context he says it). But I didn't think much of it at the time.

Strangely enough, the same line is spoken again by an LA character (Varro) in Incursion part 2. You know, as the say, once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern (I sincerely doubt that he is also brainwashed, as Telford was).

However, before yesterdays ep I felt that I wanted to re-watch Human (1.14) again, don't recall exactly why, just wanted to, 'cos it was such an amazing ep. And what I found interesting, amongst other things, was two things in particular, namely, Daniel's line "Our source inside the Lucian Alliance has come through. We've got the location of a planet that might just suit our power requirements." and Rush's line "I'll devote two and a half years to that (solving the issues dialling the 9th chevron) and fail".
              Those two lines got me thinking that It is not so far fetched perhaps to think that the planet Daniel was talking about was in fact provided by Telford and that the time-frame is also perhaps plausible.

So, what I'm trying to say is that, perhaps it is true that the 9th chevron was something the LA had been working on for quite some time and that they hold a gudge against us for taking it from them. Something that also makes it plausible is that I've read somewhere on this forum that in the extended Air ep Rush had mentioned that the 9th chevron "story/myth, etc" is common throughout the MW galaxy. But since I haven't seen it myself I can't be sure his line went exactly like that.
              The Atlantis personnel found the 9th chevron adress, SGC goes out on search of an Icarus planet. LA spies(Telford) get their hands on the adress. LA find two suitable planet, tries to dial but can't overcome the power/drain problem. Telford leakes the location of the other planet. SGC tries to dial but also can't overcome it. Rush is "contracted" to overcome the limitation. Telford leakes information so LA can reproduce it. They manage it and Telford gave the order for the LA to attack. LA attackes to imped SGC to gain access to destiny. Quiet an amazing double-spying game.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

If Riley hadn't been cracked over the head, he'd have said, "Finder's keepers, losers weepers ... wait ..."

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                Ah, the British Museum. Home to (but not limited to) Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Chinese, Japanese, and Scandinavian treasures. Gifts from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, the Far East and Oceania. Thousands of years of collective history, all under one roof (no flash photography or videograophy, please).

God save the Queen, indeed!
                The British 'What we knicked from other countries' Museum.
                Last edited by EllieVee; 20 June 2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

It's ours. We're the first humans on it. The Alterans don't care about it. We discovered it. The Earth comes first. Same goes for Atlantis. It should enrich life on Earth
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, let's give it to Chaya from ''Sanctuary'' or let old Daniel ascend again and give it to ''the Others''.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      It's ours. We're the first humans on it. The Alterans don't care about it. We discovered it. The Earth comes first. Same goes for Atlantis. It should enrich life on Earth
                      How dyou you know we aer the first on it and that the ancients dont care about it.???

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        How dyou you know we aer the first on it and that the ancients dont care about it.???
                        The Destiny computer said so in Air I
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          The Destiny computer said so in Air I
                          All Rush said was that the Ancients were never there.

Comment

If a computer could record that the Ancients were never on Destiny I find it more likely they would have recorded the presence on other lifeforms if they found Destiny
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                            X