Joel Goldsmith Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel Goldsmith Appreciation Thread

Joel Goldsmith *definitely* deserves a thread here! (If there's a thread here already, please let me know, though! ) His scores as simply FANTASTIC, and SGU has been no exception. Favourite episode for me, in terms of score, has to be "Subversion".

Thought's anyone? Anyone else *DYING* for an SGU sountrack?!?! I know I am!!

i was the music from air pt 3 and the mutiny
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, in lieu of a (BADLY NEEDED) soundtrack, there is this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/baloznieks

This guy has ripped some of the best music pieces from SGU, and they are of surprisingly good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

This guy has ripped some of the best music pieces from SGU, and they are of surprisingly good quality.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJp59o72d8w
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The music has been really, really powerful and beautiful and the man is very, very talented! Well done, Mr. Goldsmith!
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Goldsmith's always been a star, and now some of his best work in on SGU. Props to him.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Subversion had a really great theme that I hope we get to have on a soundtrack
              You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

The man deserve his own thread. The music in SGU is fantastic and I hope in the near future they release the Universe soundtrack!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Sweet! Thanks man. Mental Green!
                  sigpic

Comment

Incursion was at it's best in the last 3 or 4 mins. The music montage was very well done and he even threw in some classic SG-1 music in there when the scene went to Young then the credits. Loved that hommage to SG-1.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Incursion was at it's best in the last 3 or 4 mins. The music montage was very well done and he even threw in some classic SG-1 music in there when the scene went to Young then the credits. Loved that hommage to SG-1.
                      I agree. Incursion part 2 was kinda slow up till the last 4-5 minutes. I swear i got goosebumps and chills for those last 4 minutes. That was probably one of the best scenes in SGU yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        I agree. Incursion part 2 was kinda slow up till the last 4-5 minutes. I swear i got goosebumps and chills for those last 4 minutes. That was probably one of the best scenes in SGU yet.
                        As per SGU, yeah I think it even beat Air part 3 for me. But I think Space is still my favorite ep of the season. Incursion part 2, is in the top 5 though. The music for the last 5 mins or so of Air part 3 however was better I think.
                        sigpic

Comment

As per SGU, yeah I think it even beat Air part 3 for me. But I think Space is still my favorite ep of the season. Incursion part 2, is in the top 5 though. The music for the last 5 mins or so of Air part 3 however was better I think.
                          I think the Visuals of Air part 3 were better but there was more emotion in the end of Incursion part 2. And I agree, space is in my top 5 if not 3, right up there with Air and Subversion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Agreed! I *loved* that montage - the music was brilliant!
                            I didn't pick up on the nod to SG-1 the first time around... I'm watching it again right now, I'm going to listen for that this time!

Comment

The score I notice more this season was Subversion.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X