Ancient language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient language

Hi people of GW, I got a couple of questions. Ok here it goes, on the website here there is some Ancient writing and I was wondering why there is only one real word, its on the right side and it says WORLD, the rest is jibberish. Does anyone know why? And the 2nd is which is the most advanced interglatic ship in all the SG episodes? Im new so im not really good at this Forum thing so u can e-mail me at [email protected]. let me know wat u think

You shouldn't post your email address in public. It will get harvested by bots and then spammed.

Regarding the Ancient writing, sorry I can't help you.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

actually it says GateWorld (Your Complete Guide to Stargate - I think) if you like in the right area

Comment

na i translated it, the only whole word is world. unless it has more that isnt on the sides, do you know if the people that made the Ancient language made more than the 26 letters and the 1-0 number system? i have become very fluent in Ancient, and if theres more i would like to learn it, im such a brainiac lol. thank you people of GateWorld---Argo

Comment

I made a translation pic a while back when I first got the font, so I could write it out on other stuff and eventually learn it, no numbers though and every single letter of the font is here. Here it is,

and the font can be found at TheSciFiWorld.net

Comment

Thats it... hmmm always seemed to me like the symbols were more complex ... oh well I am on my way through a compleat rewatch of stargate... and just hitting season 4 son I will keep an eye out...
            Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Argo View Post
              na i translated it, the only whole word is world. unless it has more that isnt on the sides, do you know if the people that made the Ancient language made more than the 26 letters and the 1-0 number system? i have become very fluent in Ancient, and if theres more i would like to learn it, im such a brainiac lol. thank you people of GateWorld---Argo
              OMG I really wanna learn all of it ... although its not like I would be able to use it, none of my friends would learn it. But still cool to be able to do
              sigpic
              â—˜Fanfictionâ—˜Youtubeâ—˜

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                I made a translation pic a while back when I first got the font, so I could write it out on other stuff and eventually learn it, no numbers though and every single letter of the font is here. Here it is,

and the font can be found at TheSciFiWorld.net
                there are 11 letter on there that have NEVER been on the show.....thats not the complete ancient language

Comment

thank you General, this translation is different than the one i have. the letters B,L,M,N,O,P,Q,S,T,W,X, and Z are the letters that are diff. do you think that the creators of this language maybe made different dialects of it? if im not bugging you too much would it be ok to add you to my friends? thanks again General Jumper One

Comment

thats cool, i learned it even though my wife cant read it, or my friends either. i really just like everything about stargate and the Ancients lol

Comment

Thanks now I really can translate, mine was just the font, now I shall go through the Gateworld Home wallpaper again.

Comment

the large Ancient translation pic that you have the letters that dont look like Ancient are actually Asgard, the letters are-- L,M,N,O,P,Q,S,T,W,X,Z. do you remember where you got the translation? and do know where i can get an Asgard translation?

Comment

i for got about the old dialect of Ancient. sorry people when i said that some of those letters are Asgard. have a good day people of GateWorld

Comment

that first pic is ancient hand, im guessing a shorthand writing as witign in blocks would get annoying

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/04/ancient.png
                              Cool! Now I can understand the numbers of Destiny's countdown, just like David Blue.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X