Ancient language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Cool! Now I can understand the numbers of Destiny's countdown, just like David Blue.
    yes and for some reason the ancients too have 60 secs minutes and 60 minute hours......crazy crazy ancients...

Comment

Using the the traditional block Anicent Text, I translated the homepage's wallpaper, I think the translation on the right is missing the last letter as the wallpaper image cuts most of those last Ancient letters off. This is what I got:

"Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties.
      Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!."

Comment

Damn, my code has been cracked

You people are thorough!

Comment

I told you GateWorld was in there

Comment

At first glance I thought that maybe it was ROT13'd. I was thinking of making a povray font generator of sorts. F and U are interchangeable so you can't really go strictly based on character associtations.

As I try to figure out the SGU gate symbols. At first glance I thought that the designers were sarcastic since the symbols could be sequenced to spell SLOP. Squigle + Line + O (ring) + Point (sphere). Although that particular sequence doesn't appear to be on Destiny's gate. It could also be PLODS, since there seems to be a distinction between long line and a shorter dash. There also appears to be at least one near duplicate symbol on the gate. And a few others where the only noticeable difference is the length of the line. Not that I've been able to verify said symbols with episode footage yet. Although perhaps a subject for another thread.

Comment

remember the Ancients setteled on Earth several milliion years ago, i say that 60sec in a min and 60 mins in an hour and 24hrs in a day would be the logical conclusion.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Argo View Post
                remember the Ancients setteled on Earth several milliion years ago, i say that 60sec in a min and 60 mins in an hour and 24hrs in a day would be the logical conclusion.lol
                yes but why divide the day into that?

you could divide the day into three sections of 8 hours each, of six sections of 4 hours

Comment

"gateworldnet your complete guide to stargate"
                  Because of the splits in the middle the last letter of the leftside of the script is the first on the right side.
                  Some of the letters were a little hard to make out on the margins but it just took some zooming and context clues
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by n4rc1ssus View Post
                    "gateworldnet your complete guide to stargate"
                    Because of the splits in the middle the last letter of the leftside of the script is the first on the right side.
                    Some of the letters were a little hard to make out on the margins but it just took some zooming and context clues
                    you are correct, every place the translator put an F is actually a U, and I must remind you all that, i have been saying ^this from the start.

Comment

Working...
                    X