This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FixxxeR
    Yes action causes reaction good work. So whats your point? By going into Iraq people were going to die and the iraqis would retaliate? I was trying to point out that you were calling our actions somehow similar to theirs which they are in no way similar. Prisoner "abuse" != cutting someones head off in an incredibly painful and horrific way.

"our actions" ,right

sure its always much worse when an american dies

i dont know what you were trying to point out but it wasnt something i said ,so dude try reading or give it up

Heres another for you
    f-you too

Comment

Originally posted by mylo1012
      f-you too
      hahahaha did you just try and argue with me inside my quote? also very mature

Comment

This thread is getting out of hand. If people aren't able to have mature discussions without degenerating into name calling and childish insults it will be shut down without further warning.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          what those American soilders did was terrible too, and they probably weren't acting on their own
          What the American soldeirs have done is inexcusable, and fortunately they will be delt with a swift hand ushering them behind prison bars, plus a lengthy investigation into other possible connections. As it should be.

Though I doubt that if soldiers hadn't mistreated prisoners Berg would be around now. There are rumors going around that they saught him out with his Jewish name.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Though I doubt that if soldiers hadn't mistreated prisoners Berg would be around now. There are rumors going around that they saught him out with his Jewish name.
            I'm sure the prison abuse was just the easiest reason to execute berg. If the whole prison scandal wouldn't have happened the same thing probably would have happened except they would have blamed it on american presence in Iraq or the middle east.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
                hahahaha did you just try and argue with me inside my quote? also very mature

nah i wasnt ,it was an error on my part ,well at least you got your laugh out of it , ironic thoguh how you caught this mistake but totaly mis the talent of having a normal conversation when it isnt your point of view

Comment

FixxxeR, mylo1012, this seems to be getting personal between you two.

Please would you both stop posting in this thread, you have both left the topic behind anyway.

If either of you reply to the other, mention the other, or quote from the other's posts, I'll delete your post.

Thank you

Madeleine_W

Madeleine

Comment

What happened to Nicolas Berg was horrifying to say the least. My husband saw it *video*and he said that no words can explain or be expressed when he heard NB screaming intermixed with what the terrorists were proclaiming while they did the act. He didn't want me to see it and as a matter of fact I don't think I could, my imagination of what it happened is enough to sicken me along with what I've read and glimpses of what I've seen on TV News.

But to put my two cents in, this is unfortunately a consequence of war, and USA and it's other allies are at war with TERRORISM and Terrorists alike wherever and whoever they happen to be and unfortunately innocents like NB are a consequence of this war. But look back to WWII which wasn't so long ago, there were major atrocities and even genocide (Jews) that occured in that war. It's sad to even think about it, but War seems to be part of everyday life it seems, whether it be in your backyard or thousand miles (another country) away.

PEACE, when will humankind ever see it? Is this war just another sign of the Book of Revelation/Armageddon/ End of the World to come?
                    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Good points, Aphrodite. I'm glad we have shows like Stargate and Star Trek that paint a hopeful future, as deluded as they might ultimately be

I pray not.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite

But to put my two cents in, this is unfortunately a consequence of war, and USA and it's other allies are at war with TERRORISM and Terrorists alike wherever and whoever they happen to be.
                        The problem is that a lot of people in Islamic countries believe that the US & co are at war with *Islam*. The incidents of abuse recently will greatly assist those who wish to portray the current state of affairs as USA vs Islam to trusting readers/viewers/followers. Being made to be naked in the presence of the opposite sex is against the Islamic religion, and it is seen by moslem opponents of the coalition as a direct affront to Islam.

It is a real tragedy that the abuse happened, as it has set back a lot of the progress made in getting Iraqis and others to trust the occupying forces.

Berg's death was not because of that, he had been targeted and taken long before those photos were published. He'd have died anyway, probably quietly shot and left at a roadside. The ghastliness of how they killed him though, it's hard to predict what it will mean for America, if it will sap people's will to support the coallition as the Madrid bombings did, or if it will galvanise them.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by David
                          Good points, Aphrodite. I'm glad we have shows like Stargate and Star Trek that paint a hopeful future, as deluded as they might ultimately be

I pray not.
                          Perhaps not deluded, only time can tell. There are still many good people out there who want a better future for generations to come....however, in the meantime, it is somewhat nice to escape our reality and be part of "stargate/star trek, et al" reality instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            The problem is that a lot of people in Islamic countries believe that the US & co are at war with *Islam*. The incidents of abuse recently will greatly assist those who wish to portray the current state of affairs as USA vs Islam to trusting readers/viewers/followers. Being made to be naked in the presence of the opposite sex is against the Islamic religion, and it is seen by moslem opponents of the coalition as a direct affront to Islam.
                            I suppose there are those who simply believe that it has become a "Religious" war and a basis for justifying what has thus far transgressed in this war. But whatever the reason, War is War and it sometimes makes me wonder that WE the human species of this world and perhaps the only human species of the entire universe (open for discussion ) would want to wipe each other out...I mean we are the only ones *homo-sapiens* here *earth/universe* for goodness sakes!

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Berg's death was not because of that, he had been targeted and taken long before those photos were published.
                            I read in several newspapers that it may have been bearucratic red tape from the US government that partially lead to Berg's capture and ultimately his unfortunate kidnapping and horrific death.....if that was the case, that was some majorly big blunder.

Comment

Working...
                            X