Season Finale Release Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Finale Release Time!

We're still on schedule for tomorrow, however, it looks like we'll be releasing the episode a little later in the day than we normally do. Look for it sometime tomorrow evening (PST) rather than afternoon. The reason is that we're on quite a tight schedule, and tomorrow afternoon will be the final read thru with editing that I'll be doing after Colin has had a chance to read and give notes on what will be the final draft.

The reason I haven't been around very much these past few days is that I've been spending every available minute I could getting this episode ready. There's been some extensive changes, and honestly, it's been quite a challenge getting all that done in a little under a week (for which we normally have several weeks to do it). It's been a busy, busy week, and there's certainly no one who can say there's a lack of commitment or dedication here.

So the only difference this week is that we'll be releasing it later in the day, as I've said. And that actually gives some of you time to re-read those episodes you haven't read again, such as Season Two's "Aversion."
    Spoiler:
    You'll see why I mention that one, because something we've set up and introduced way back then will be coming back in the finale.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Well I gotta say that I kinda figured something like that was going to come up.

Comment

I'm doing my final read through now so it should be up today on schedule, just slightly later then usual.
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Well I gotta say that I kinda figured something like that was going to come up.
        Seriously...it's only a few hours.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Seriously...it's only a few hours.
          sorry if im a being a soul puss. i didnt mean to act like that. i guess i can a few more hours. and plus maybe the chores i need to do will help make the time go by.

Comment

I pass the time with re-reads.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

sorry if im a being a soul puss. i didnt mean to act like that. i guess i can a few more hours. and plus maybe the chores i need to do will help make the time go by.
              Yeah, I think just being more appreciative that the series is around in the first place and still releasing new episodes (getting close to 100) would make things so much easier for you. It's so easy to take all of this for granted, but as it should be obvious, it takes just as much work and effort to write one of these than it does to write an episode of any show on television (of course you get paid quite an amount of money to write just a single episode for a TV series). So what's a few more hours? That's just my two cents on it.
              Last edited by Alex Rubit; 10 June 2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                Yeah, I think just being more appreciative that the series is around in the first place and still releasing new episodes (getting close to 100) would make things so much easier for you. It's so easy to take all of this for granted, but as it should be obvious, it takes just as much work and effort to write one of these than it does to write an episode of any show on television (of course you get paid quite an amount of money to write just a single episode for a TV series). So what's a few more hours? That's just my two cents on it.
                i am sorry alex. i do appreciate what you do. i know it takes dedication and work and plus you got your own job to worry about on top of this so i guess i can see how stressful it is at times.

Comment

i am sorry alex. i do appreciate what you do. i know it takes dedication and work and plus you got your own job to worry about on top of this so i guess i can see how stressful it is at times.
                  No worries.

And while it does take a lot of time and effort, I wouldn't say it's stressful because I absolutely love it! And I honestly consider myself very fortunate actually to be doing this series, because how many writers get the opportunity to gain several seasons of writing experience before they even land their first paid gig? The experience and confidence that comes with that is a great thing to have and it naturally shows in any other scripts you write. And what could be a more fun way to learn the craft than to be doing an entire series? I never knew it would run for this long when it began, but starting it turned out to be one of the best decisions I could have made.

And, on a related note... we're getting very close to the release now. It should be up in probably about an hour or so.

Comment

common alex lets have the last ep

McKay: Crap.
                    Hermiod: What did you do?
                    McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                    Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by nano View Post
                      common alex lets have the last ep
                      patience is a virtue.

Comment

patience is a virtue.
                        No its not its just a giant waste of time

McKay: Crap.
                        Hermiod: What did you do?
                        McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                        Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                        X