"Didja ever notice..." Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Didja ever notice..." Thread

Not sure I can get across what I am trying to accomplish with this thread, but Ill try!

Just meant to be a fun "Didja notice?/Didja know?" thread. Just caught an in-joke they made? Read an interesting bit of totally trivial trivia? Got a good-natured nitpick (emphasis on good-natured. It's not their fault Vancouver can't look like all parts USA! )?

Let me start by giving a couple examples:

-Didja know...I just read that they number the motel rooms according to what number the episode is. I never noticed that!

-Didja notice...that in Skin when they are trying to get back to the Impala, they are stopped by the police...who are driving new Impalas?

-Didja notice...that Sam Wesson and Dean Smith have been working at Sandover for 3 weeks, but Sam isn't going through demon blood withdrawal?

-Didja notice...the diner in Jump the Shark is named after Cousin Oliver (a.k.a. The Brady Bunch's Jump the Shark character)?

So, what didja notice?

Great idea for a thread, I love it!

Iolanda told me some trivia I didn't know a little while ago. In the pilot, both boys were supposed to fall into the river, but the wardrobe department messed up with Jared's clothes, so only Jensen got the full mud treatment.

As for what I noticed - just starting a re-watch, I'll be back as soon as something comes to mind.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I'll be back too... I'm told I'm quite observant, so watch this space!

sigpic

Comment

Just remembered another one.

Didja notice that you can tell some of the old stock shots of them driving the Impala at night because it has the old license plate on it (KAZ 2Y5)?

Comment

Didga ever notice...that Dean's and Sam's last names in It's a Terrible Life are Smith and Wesson? A Winchester is a rifle, a Smith and Wesson is a handgun. Even in an AU they still have weapons (fire arms) for last names.

PS...Love this thread!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes on the last one, nope on the one before... Here's something I noticed for the first time on this rewatch.

Didja notice... In the Pilot, when the Woman in White kills the boy in the car his blood his spattered all over the interior. But when the police search the car one officer says to the other that it's 'almost too clean'. Where did the blood go?
            Last edited by starg8fans; 09 June 2010, 07:04 PM.

sigpic

Comment

-Didja notice in the fire in Home that when Sam hands the girl her baby brother he says, "Take your brother outside, as fast as you can." echo-ing John's line from the Pilot?

-Didja notice that Carry on My Wayward Son is NOT the 'Then' song for the last episode of season 1, it was used the episode before that?

Comment

Didja notice... In Wendigo when Sam goes to Jessica's grave in his dream her birthday is quoted as January 24 - the same as Dean's.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  -Didja notice in the fire in Home that when Sam hands the girl her baby brother he says, "Take your brother outside, as fast as you can." echo-ing John's line from the Pilot?
                  No, but that is cool!

Didja notice that Dean was killed 105 times!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

When I was capping Monster at the End of the Book the other day I noticed the name of the diner. And love the Monster burger.

Spoiler:

Do you think Kripke's Hollow is a take on Stars Hollow..the setting of Gilmore Girls? Must be.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      No, but that is cool!

Didja notice that Dean was killed 105 times!
                      Would you share with us how you got to this number? Cause I'm a bit confused whether Dean died 101 and 102 times in Mystery Spot. And when he died in Sam's vision, shot by Psychic Boy in S1 - does that count?

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      When I was capping Monster at the End of the Book the other day I noticed the name of the diner. And love the Monster burger.

Spoiler:

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/a...E18-S05_03.jpg

Do you think Kripke's Hollow is a take on Stars Hollow..the setting of Gilmore Girls? Must be.

No, never noticed that - well spotted, Lizzie! It's either that, or it's a reference to the legend of Sleepy Hollow, which also fits in well with the ghostly background of Spn.

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes...forgotten Sleepy Hollow...loved that movie. The perfect name then..it ties in with them both.
                        sigpic

Comment

Didja notice - that in Phantom Traveller both boys were wrong about the whole 'name of God' thing? The Latin word for God is deus, or - in some cases - deo. Christo is actually Ancient Greek, and it's not the name of God either, but of Jesus. It translates into 'the anointed'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                            I never saw that one! Good catch!

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                            Didja notice - that in Phantom Traveller both boys were wrong about the whole 'name of God' thing? The Latin word for God is deus, or - in some cases - deo. Christo is actually Ancient Greek, and it's not the name of God either, but of Jesus. It translates into 'the anointed'.
                            Being Catholic, I DID realise that translation was a bit off!

-Didja ever notice that Dean got WAY more possessive of his baby as time went on? Because in season 1, Sam drove her a lot!

-Didja notice that at the beginning of Shadow, Dean does a dot-to-dot with the blood splatter to come up with the symbol? How? There are no dot-to-dot numbers to tell him where to make the lines, he could've have made it look like anything! He didn't even use all the spots!

Comment

Didja ever notice in The Benders when Sheriff Kathleen pulls up Sam and Dean's records on the computer, they're BOTH listed as being 6'4"!!

Comment

Working...
                              X