Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! A decent episode involving the Communication Stones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! A decent episode involving the Communication Stones...

It's been a long time coming, and to be honest I was slightly letting gop of the hope it would ever come...but this episode involving those pesky stones was done absolutely perfectly!

There have been many people on here complain about the stones and how 'easy' it is for someone to just go back to earth for a bit. I was getting annoyed at them too as they were used too frequently for my liking for no apparent reason. TPTB have so far wrote more miss than hit 'Stones Eps' in my honest opinion but this one had real purpose, real drive and a very gripping story with peril and all that stuff! Exactly how it should be done! Rush trapped in Telfords body getting tortured and Telford in Rush's body being interrogated and the struggle over deciding how far they needed to go to get Telford to confess - Ace.

What does everyone else think about the stones role in this episode and of the stones in general?
    Check out my Stargate Fan-Fic:
    STARGATE : REGENESIS

It's been a long time coming, and to be honest I was slightly letting gop of the hope it would ever come...but this episode involving those pesky stones was done absolutely perfectly!
    So the stone use in Divided wasn't decent enough? Good point - they should've gotten five doctors to perform Rush's surgery, of course!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      So the stone use in Divided wasn't decent enough? Good point - they should've gotten five doctors to perform Rush's surgery, of course!
      No it wasn't decent enough in my opinion. The way I see it, it was just a little too convenient to have an expert doctor just brought into the Pentagon then 'swap bodies' with someone and be able to fix Rush up. OK I admit when the connection went right in the middle of the operation that was good but my point is it just seemed convenient. I say in my opinion because I know people will have different views on it all.

Comment

dr. house was flown in a private jet to a secret CIA facility to diagnose a covert operative at a moment's notice...

it's not that far fetched (neither in TV nor in real life) to bring in a qualified surgeon into the pentagon in fairly short notice
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
          dr. house was flown in a private jet to a secret CIA facility to diagnose a covert operative at a moment's notice...

it's not that far fetched (neither in TV nor in real life) to bring in a qualified surgeon into the pentagon in fairly short notice
          OK look I know it is not far-fetched to bring in a top surgeon in a moments notice to the Pentagon. I'm talking about the whole ' THEN being able to switch bodies with someone on a ship billions of miles away to perform intricate surgery on someone'. In the sense that the first season of Atlantis was just them on their own, fending for themselves with no contact with earth whatsoever, I truly thought that would have been a better way for SG:U to go in Season One and maybe even beyond, without the convenience of just being able to swap bodies with someone on earth and go "err, we got a little problem...be a dear and go fetch some top surgeon so they can swap bodies with someone on the ship to sort it out for us, cheers."

I am not trying to be over-critical of the show because I have loved every single episode of Stargate and would defend it to the death. My point is maybe they have just over-relied on the stones too much in Season One and it was great to see a 'stones' episode that was done differently. Plus it meant we got to see General O'Neill on Destiny too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nova69 View Post

There have been many people on here complain about the stones and how 'easy' it is for someone to just go back to earth for a bit. I was getting annoyed at them too as they were used too frequently for my liking for no apparent reason. TPTB have so far wrote more miss than hit 'Stones Eps' in my honest opinion but this one had real purpose, real drive and a very gripping story with peril and all that stuff! Exactly how it should be done! Rush trapped in Telfords body getting tortured and Telford in Rush's body being interrogated and the struggle over deciding how far they needed to go to get Telford to confess - Ace.

What does everyone else think about the stones role in this episode and of the stones in general?
            The stones are trouble and have been all along, which is something the writers have been pretty good at showing us. There are consequences to using technology you know nothing about. Even when stone use seems a bit much, I look at it in this light, that we';re supposed to have problems with it. I haven't particularly minded the episodes with stone use, as that's never been the sole point in a show
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
            X