Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would 10 Minutes have Put Carter on Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing was has happened.
    Spoiler:
    The SGC should have let the Lucian Alliance complete their project. With their rushed attack they caused the planet to blow up by forcing LA hand to dial the gate prematurely.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Spoiler:
      But Young was Jack's first choice. I think its an issue that will have to be resolved
      ^^this
      Spoiler:
      Jack chose Young. There has to be a reason for that. He thought he was the best, thought he could do it, or liked something about Young himself in order to choose him over others.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      and, had she gone, she would have - effectively - abandoned her ship. Now, if Jack thought sending a replacement was a possibilty, he woulda sent along another command grade officer to be the 'go to destiny' person if hte opportunity arose. Of course, that person also had to be carrying orders to relieve Young of command.

IMHO, the only way that woulda happened was if Louis Ferrer (however you spell it) decided to bail on the show and they needed to change casting
      I think that Jack's ultimatum was more a way to get Young to pull it together and have Young step up.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      maybe it'll be a co-command

worked out so well last time

My money is on telford dying in some sort of sacrificing/redeeming way to make up for being controlled by the lucian alliance.
      I had that thought about Telford as well and I really hope they don't make it into a co thing :s
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think sending additional personnel wouldn't be at the top of his list.

Supplies, resources, yes. They could certainly get a whole bunch of that through provided they turned off the LA's transporter jamming tech.

Comment

The whole premise of the OP doesn't make sense... Kiva dialed the gate BECAUSE Hammond showed up. If They'd showed up 30 minutes sooner, then Kiva would have dialed the gate 30 minutes sooner and the planet would have exploded 30 minutes sooner. If, on the other hand, Carter had kept her distance and given Rush a couple days to do his math right... then we might have been able to capture the planet and use it as a supply line.

That said, I think if they did get their hands on the planet O'neill would've said "Beam all the supplies you have to the gate and send them to Destiny, but don't let any people go through."

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
            The whole premise of the OP doesn't make sense... Kiva dialed the gate BECAUSE Hammond showed up. If They'd showed up 30 minutes sooner, then Kiva would have dialed the gate 30 minutes sooner and the planet would have exploded 30 minutes sooner. If, on the other hand, Carter had kept her distance and given Rush a couple days to do his math right... then we might have been able to capture the planet and use it as a supply line.

That said, I think if they did get their hands on the planet O'neill would've said "Beam all the supplies you have to the gate and send them to Destiny, but don't let any people go through."
            I agree with the bolded part.

Though, the bit about Carter/Rush means Carter would have had to know Rush was still alive and was actually working on something, and at that point I'm not sure anyone knew he was still alive. It had been awhile since Young used the stones to report to O'Neill what was going on, and while I'd have to go back and look at the episode again, the next time Young talked to O'Neill it was too late to do anything since the LA was already onboard the Destiny. (*but I could be misremembering*)

Comment

They knew Rush was alive because Telford was alive -- if Telford suddenly drops dead for no apparent reason, Young would immediately go back to Earth and say "They must've killed Rush."

No, Carter didn't know what Rush was doing, but she could assume, from the fact that he's still alive, that the LA is using him for something. And since he's a brilliant scientist, she could also conclude that they're probably not making him clean the bathrooms.

Comment

But, for all she knew, he coulda just been locked in a cell counting the ceiling tiles.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Again... brilliant scientist. LA will do anything to get their hands on Destiny, and he's the guy who (with some help from Math Boy) figured out how to do it last time. The LA would do everything in their power to "persuade" him (i.e. torture sticks) to help.

Comment

I don't think Jack or the IOA would strand any more personnel on Destiny, Carter least of all. While I do hope that there won't be some kind of co-command with Telford and Young, I also hope they don't kill off Telford. LDP is just WAY too good an actor and I hope he stays on SGU. If he dies, then they have to replace him with Emilio Estevez. Seriously, find Emilio a role. And a pistol. And a cowboy hat. The universe isn't ready to face a space version of Billy the Kid wanting to avenge his native friend.

Well, I think I went a bit off topic. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      For argument's sake, say that Carter got to the second Icarus planet 30-minutes earlier, and managed to round up the Lucian Alliance on the planet.

Say also, that SG-1 was aboard (Daniel, Teal'c, Cam and Vala) along with Shep's team (Shep himself, McKay, Ronon, Teyla, and Beckett) who were going somewhere on the USS Hammond's next stop.

If Carter determined that there was a 10-minute window before the planet exploded, where they could dial out to Destiny, would Jack risk sending SG-1, Shep's Team, Carter, himself, or any combination of crew to the Destiny to assist them and/or assume command?

What do you think?
                      I seriously doubt he would.

Jack has shown an inordinate amount of protectiveness towards people he considers his friends (probably due to his son's death) and to allow any of these guys to go on a one way trip to "the rustbucket" would be pretty contrary to his established character. As to weather it would be a good idea for the story or the actual show, well, I'm just going to leave that aspect alone.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                      X