Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who watched the Eurovision song contest tonight?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who watched the Eurovision song contest tonight?

I did and I'm Glad that UKRAINE(Xena the warrior princess... ) won ..I voted for them ...What a stage show and a great presence that woman had .

Fab choreography and what an energy and the guys were really YUMMY
    She even carried on singing when they lifted her up in the air...I really loved their leather outfit ...so cool

Bravo UKRAINE...You were fab tonight

Caty aka ShipDiva

Did you guys get no points again this year? I was laughing so hard when I heard that last year!

Comment

Now,Now,Teal'c, no need to single any Country's efforts out as laughable!

Be nice to Caty at least! (Friendly ,btw!)

(If you want to read what I thought of the "Contest",have a peek at "Music ATM "thread,btw!)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

No one got no points, which I find slightly disappointing, it's the best bit, laughing about it, even when they are British and so I should be supporting them!

I only watch the show for Terry Wogan, it's not worth it if he's not doing it. He's so dry, it's absoultely hilarious!! And that's something I thought I'd never admit to!!
        I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

The Eurovision is only bearable because of Terry Wogan.

I have no idea why im posting this, but if you are interested, Norway (who had 'nil points' for ages) finished with the lowest score, only 3.

Ukraine: 280 Points (Highest Score: Winners)
          UK: 29 points
          Ireland: 7 points
          Norway: 3 points (Lowest Score)

Maybe its just me, but im sure the xena woman who won it had a sort of heavily embellished swastika on her right bicep. Charming...

One day I hope we stop putting forward a candidate and just witness the whole thing through Terry Wogans eyes, then I might even watch the whole 'spectacle', though I suppose this years offering wasnt too bad.

Couldnt believe the riverdance steal...im glad Wogan could joke about it...

Comment

We shouldn't have been in it this time, as the lowest 6 countries are supposed to be dropped for a year, as there are more countries who want to participate than there are places. But, because we put so much into Eurovision, It was decided that they couldn't afford to drop the U.K.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the show this year, so I missed the wonderful songs, I just tuned into the voting. It was nice to see that the usual voting standards prevailed, with friends voting for friends.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              Did you guys get no points again this year? I was laughing so hard when I heard that last year!
              No, we got a few points here and there but Norway nearly ended up with the obligatory 'Nul Points'.

The Ukraine was my fave too, although the song itself wasn't much cop the performance was fab. Go Xena! I also liked the Belgian and Swedish entries. The funniest bit was the Turkish (?) presenter caught off guard and picking her nose. She had no idea she was on camera . My friends usually have a party every year and we award points for song, performance and frocks. I thought we were the only ones who did this but our host this year printed off a score sheet from the BBC website and it had the same stuff on it. IMHO there were too many chaps in white suits singing power ballads this year. Boooooooring!
              Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

i actually went to a party and threatened to walk out if it became any kind of eurovision party.

and hey, any irish people out there, ever get the feeling we're really trying not to win so that we don't have to host it ever again?
                like in that father ted episode

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  and hey, any irish people out there, ever get the feeling we're really trying not to win so that we don't have to host it ever again?
                  I'm absolutely convinced of it. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!

like in that father ted episode
                  We should enter My Lovely Horse!!! What a great song...

Comment

well i didn't expect Ireland to win it this year but i at least hoped we would get more points the England. but on the happier side, we have won it 2 more times that england as well as 3 times in a row so i am happy but i live in NI which is techincally part of the UK so screw them, i'll just support ireland

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      [font=Comic Sans MS]
                      We should enter My Lovely Horse!!! What a great song...
                      Or 'Piff Paff Poof' from The High Life.
                      Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                        i live in NI which is techincally part of the UK so screw them, i'll just support ireland
                        I hope ya voted for us then!!

Comment

Working...
                        X