No announcement yet.

Eli's magic room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli didn't just find a new room that no one else had, they knew what it did but just hadn't got around to exploring it yet...
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Unfortunately thats not the case: For some reason there are no markings to what the room do. They know they exist but not what is in them. For some reason lantian design has no markings whats so ever, just endless corridors. Look at Atlantis. Look at Destiny. We mark things like office, w.c. etc.
      Making me think lantians had some kind of special spacial orientation gene.

It could be any room. My best would be the lantian sick-bay.

Comment

This series will jump the shark if they find....gasp! Replicators.

It was luck. The odds could have gone in the direction of them transported to a vented compartment.

Comment

The above image (if I've managed to insert it correctly) shows the observation deck in the centre, to our left is the dome that was discovered in the first ep (the one with the big hole in the ceiling) and I believe the big tower is the bridge. Based on the basic designs of human built sea going ships, that is how we always build them because it gives the best viewpoint. While it is true that the bridge could easily be buried deep within the ship on a vessel with control links throughout, you could also make the arguement that crewed compartments need to be near the surface so there is a greater chance of reaching escape pods, so IMO that is a wash.
          Last edited by bobsuncorp; 06 June 2010, 08:15 PM.
          "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

sgu_101_0027.jpg

OK lets try this again.
            "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

sgu_105_0589.jpg

You can see it again from another angle.

Comment

I though this would be about Eli's quarters - you know "I'll be in my bunk" haha

There's probably plenty of reasons to have interesting stuff as far away from the Destiny's engine as possible.
                sigpic
                Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

He wont find the main bridge, they are heading towards the back of the ship.

Spoiler:
                  The main bridge, the automated and currently controlled by Franklin Bridge, is in the heavily shielded "nose" of the ship. Thats where i wouldve put it.

Comment

I think they find the Ancient disco dance room complete with crystal Kinos that change color when music plays.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post

The above image (if I've managed to insert it correctly) shows the observation deck in the centre, to our left is the dome that was discovered in the first ep (the one with the big hole in the ceiling) and I believe the big tower is the bridge. Based on the basic designs of human built sea going ships, that is how we always build them because it gives the best viewpoint. While it is true that the bridge could easily be buried deep within the ship on a vessel with control links throughout, you could also make the arguement that crewed compartments need to be near the surface so there is a greater chance of reaching escape pods, so IMO that is a wash.
                      Firstly, I agree the bridge may very welll be somewhere in that pyramid tower, probably towards the center, and not near the top.

However, as for escape pods, does the Destiny even have any? Infact, I'm trying to think whether or not I've seen any ships in Stargate with escape pods. The usual evacuation methd seems to be to use beaming technology, the fighters, and in the case of Destiny that seems to only have the Stargate and the now 1 shuttle.

I'm not saying there aren't any, I've just not seen any or heard of any mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by late_wolfy View Post
                        Infact, I'm trying to think whether or not I've seen any ships in Stargate with escape pods.
                        Goa'uld cargo ships and motherships have been shown to have escape pods.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                          [ATTACH]26142[/ATTACH]

You can see it again from another angle.
                          I've been trying to figure this out, and just been getting more confused. But they are near here:

It seems like they are heading through long corridors, meaning they are heading to the tower thing. I agree that the bridge is probably there.
                          sigpic
                          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Aren't "we" closer to the middle, where the shuttles and that round domey observation thingy is?
                            If so, aren't Chloe and Eli headed for the front of the ship?
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Thanks for including that image, after about half an hour of combing through screencaps to find the 2 I wanted I gave up trying to find the one you included so cheers.

At the moment it does look like they are on the Starboard side (the right side as you are facing the front) and apart from the big dome thing (which I reckon was a conference room or possible recreation area) there doesn't seem to be much on that side. So it may be a straight (if long) shot to the Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                Aren't "we" closer to the middle, where the shuttles and that round domey observation thingy is?
                                If so, aren't Chloe and Eli headed for the front of the ship?
                                Exactly..... Everyone is located in the back area of the ship near where the pyramid and dome thing is along with the shuttles. They are heading to the nose of the ship in the opposite direction of everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X