Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about venting enough atmosphere to where they all pass out? I mean if there isn't enough air they would lose consciousness before dying....

Worst Case Give Rush CPR again...
    67 point(s) total!!!!

I guess we didn't bring our flash-bangs to throw inside when the doors opened too
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

1st we know that people come in heavy, so being in the gate room might have an advantage.... they come flying through not expecting to hit the floor hard and take them down as they come in.

2nd More Kino's, Strap some c4 or rig some stun grenades to them!

Weld some doors shut!

Only leave one access to the gate room, the seals can be undone later.

Or the other scenario....

Greer....Flame Thrower... Enough Said.
      67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

what if they had brought explosives and when they started venting the atmosphere the detonated it and blew out the gateroom. or what if they managed to blow the doors open before they would be killed? id say the better thing to do was to vent the atmosphere before they dialled in and when they came through they would die a lot quicker

Comment

The moment the gate dialled in I would have started the venting. Then tried to revive telford.

Comment

or

Vent when the gate started dialing...

Scott and Greer in space suits.....

Ready to save/capture anyone they needed too
            67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Stick an iris on the gate made of wall paneling. Or fill the gate room with space ticks.

Comment

As long as the advance team doesn´t try to go further then checking the arrival point and giving the green, I would wait for the Stargate to disconnect and then vent the athmosphere from the Gateroom. Therefore all intruders would sufficate at once, casualties about cero. (theoratically speaking)

If they proceed anyhow, I would station the armed forces right around the next corner next to the doors. Therefore they wouldn´t get hit by a flash/smoke/stun/whatevergrenade and could defend their posts without big problems. Most intruders won´t have the knowledge of the destinys corridors, so choosing good points to overwhelm the enemy shouldn´t be hard to find. For example a crossroads could be used to attack the enemy from three different directions at once. Therefore having at lot of loss on the Enemy side and forcing them back the direction they came from.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Super glue the gate room floor. The problem is fix on the next kawoosh.

Comment

simple: vent the room before anythign happened, the second they come through they will inhale and with no air surprise, surprise. that cobbled together with thee fact that they are flung through would cause you to inhale more and yell out in pain, Dieing a lot quicker. screw telford/rush

Comment

They should have vented a good 80% of the oxygen before the gate even activated. Then when the gate shuts down and everyone has collapsed on the floor asphyxiated, you restore the atmosphere and rush in. Or, as someone above said, use flash bangs or some kind of jury rigged alternative. The way that was handled really didn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Surrender.

What? It's a valid strategy!

Hmm...maybe seal (i.e., weld) all doors, save one, and barricade the area behind the welded doors (but still leave behind a kino watching each welded door).
                        Leave the one unwelded door open. Make sure that it leads to one long corridor (if that means welding more doors, so be it), at the end of which is a room where some makeshift fortifications can be set up (hopefully the corridor will be long enough to minimize the effectiveness of any thrown devices such as grenades).
                        That way, the hostiles will be funneled along one route of advance (until the start boring holes elsewhere, anyway, in which case, maybe small squads quickly reacting can take care of those holes), and most, if not all of Destiny's defensive forces can focus on one point (and since there's a lot of them, they, hopefully, won't rely too much on 'volume of fire' and, thus, conserve ammo...which I'm lead to believe is on the low end of things).

I'm not a fan of 'digging in' tho'...manuever warfare is cooler.
                        sigpic

Comment

oil on the floor man! super fun happy slide. maybe even a cage at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                            Stick an iris on the gate made of wall paneling.
                            i was just thinking about something like that i mean if they came through that fast they would just bounce off the diy iris and fall back into the event horizon problem solved

although if i was young i would have vented the gate room once the gate started dialling telford is surplus to anybodies requirements and rush is replaceable at any time using the stones think about it carter mckay zelenka and old bill lee heading to the pentagon every day for their 9-5 on destiny maybe even sleeping over if they have to! but those guys together and destiny will be home for lunch mid season 2!

Comment

Some one said something about disabling the artificial gravity. That would have put Kiva and the gang in no position to do any thing in the negotiations. Though I think Young's initial plan was the best one, he just needed to go through with it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X