Magic Door openers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Door openers.....

I wonder how/where they got them. Did they make them based on intel gathered from Telford? did they find a cache of ancient treasures that for some reason had Destiny lock picks in them? I wonder if they'll explain this or if they'll just not say anything about them again.

Perfecto!

Ancient Wal-Mart

Comment

Ancient Wal-Mar- dammit. Beaten.

I wonder if the LA found an outpost or something with some Destiny details in it, including lock picks or their schematics or something. It'd be interesting if they want Destiny because of something they learnt in this outpost/Ancient Wal-Mart...
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I was thinking it might be the lock picks that set off Destiny's intruder defense system, if that's what it was. Although you'd think Telford would have got zapped too, were that the case.

Comment

So..... They have these Magic Door Openers.....

They fit in the door perfectly, and override the locks...

How could they possibly of developed them based on what Telford could describe?

There would be no way to test them... or program them without something to work with...

You can reverse engineer technology you never had access too.
          67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Perhaps the LA have access to things that SGC doesnt?
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I made this thread already: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/75258-The-lock-picks

Perfecto!

Comment

Hard to say, but the LA are there to bring something to the table that is yet unknown to us. There is no way Telford could have given enough detail to the LA that would let them blindly engineer such a device. Rush did say in subversion I believe, that it is possible they know more about Destiny than they do. But how? Perhaps the LA have indeed found something that lends it's self to anti Ancient Tech. I'm betting it will be explained one way or another.

Comment

Obviously they are old style locks so there could be more recent ancient tech with similar locks in the milky way.

It could also be a really bad unexplained plot hole that the writers didn't think about!.

Comment

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                    I was thinking it might be the lock picks that set off Destiny's intruder defense system, if that's what it was. Although you'd think Telford would have got zapped too, were that the case.
                    It was pretty clear that whatever turned the LA guy to dust came through the shield from the outside of the ship. And given that the LA had used these devices several times before with no ill effects, I don't think the device had anything to do with what happened to the LA guy.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

I wonder if the LA found an outpost or something with some Destiny details in it, including lock picks or their schematics or something. It'd be interesting if they want Destiny because of something they learnt in this outpost/Ancient Wal-Mart...
                      I have no doubt in my mind that this is the explanation, and we will eventually hear it out of the mouths of our brand new crew members.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        Perhaps the LA have access to things that SGC doesnt?
                        Impossible. They're spread all over the galaxy. The SGC is centered on just a handful of... Ohh!

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

Well the SGC found out about Destiny somehow... it makes sense that the LA would have too.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          Well the SGC found out about Destiny somehow... it makes sense that the LA would have too.
                          SGC found the address from the Ancient database in Atlantis, the LA found out from Telford.

Perfecto!

Comment

I think they found the lock picks on the planet they gate to the ship from. I thought it was another off world base that could get to the ship.

Comment

If those devices were Ancient tech then the Ancients must have really had a serious robbery and hijacking problem what with a 'open every door' device.

Maybe those were the car keys for the Destiny.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                              X