"Shadows of Things to Come, Part Two" Pre-Release Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shadows of Things to Come, Part Two" Pre-Release Discussion

Well, you'll be happy to hear that the script for the final episode of Season Four is done! No more delays. Right now I'm polishing it and getting it all ready for release.

And, boy, this one's quite a ride, and quite a shocker too! I think it's certainly our most shocking season finale, and that's saying something if you look at our past finales. There's something that happens towards the end... let's just say it will make some jaws drop, and it sets the stage for what looks to be quite an exciting Season Five.

I'm curious to see what you guys think and what you would like to or not like to see!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I think the thing that has me most curious is this apparent 360 of direction for the show. I want to see how that pans out and where it goes. To be honest, I don't have much of an idea at the moment so I'm up for being surprised.

God forbid I say this, but it's Chris and Lenori I'm looking forward to seeing the most. I'm extremely interested in seeing how the events of Part 1 will change their relationship.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      I think the thing that has me most curious is this apparent 360 of direction for the show. I want to see how that pans out and where it goes. To be honest, I don't have much of an idea at the moment so I'm up for being surprised.
      There will certainly be some surprises.

God forbid I say this, but it's Chris and Lenori I'm looking forward to seeing the most. I'm extremely interested in seeing how the events of Part 1 will change their relationship.
      Yeah, it's really a very interesting set up for the characters (one you can only have in sci-fi), with Kayla and Lenori clearly having been back on the path towards a relationship while Christine and Lenori are close friends and there seems to be some potential for Christine and Daniel in the future. That certainly looks like it has the potential to get complicated down the road... assuming they all make it through the finale.

Comment

So might that mean Daniel doesn't go for good?
        sigpic

Comment

So might that mean Daniel doesn't go for good?
          None of them will be really safe.

Comment

Hmmm. So I guess he doesn't ascend then. That'll make things interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Question: How Action- Packed will the season finale be? Will have the same amount of action unto the breach had? Or will be less action driven and more just focusing on the keepers city?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                Question: How Action- Packed will the season finale be? Will have the same amount of action unto the breach had? Or will be less action driven and more just focusing on the keepers city?
                Probably about the same as "Unto the Breach".

Comment

I thought Unto the breach would have been an excellent season finale but I would be gladly proven wrong if SOTTC, Part 2 lives up to the hype.
                  Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 10 June 2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Well, one thing I can definitely say about this season finale is that it's certainly our most traditional cliffhanger kind of season ending.

As you probably remember, our past season finales weren't really traditional cliffhangers, much rather did they all tie up certain story arcs that had been prominent that season while leaving a few things open and usually having a rather shocking final scene (some seasons more than others).

Well, this season we're doing a rather shocking and jaw dropping final scene on just a more cliffhangery (if that's a word) note.

There've been questions/speculations about whether or not Daniel ascends again. Well, let me just say the fate of several of our characters will be very much left open to the degree where it will be impossible to predict who will be back next season and who won't. It could go either way in some cases. You'll see.

So don't say I didn't warn you about the ending. So it's a really good thing that things are back on a regular schedule, and Season Five will premiere in October. In fact, I'm really excited to start writing it because I love where we'll be going with this. It's great because it also keeps things fresh and interesting from a creative point of view. And also, these are things that have been planned and talked about for a long time.

And just for fun, here's a few things you can expect from Season Five:

Spoiler:
                    - It will be a bit of a darker show next season.

- There'll be less stand alone episodes, and the entire season will be conceived as one long story.

- We'll be having a really interesting group of villains with some very complex motivations in some cases (more along the lines of Der'ash from Season Three).

- We're looking at doing 20 episodes (possibly 22) for Season Five.

And that's really all I can say. We'll talk more after the finale.

Comment

Not long now then guys. I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go. Is this group of villians an existing enemy or you going a completely new route?

EDIT: Actually, I just realized you hinted the Ingrali will be the new bad guys in Season 5. That'll be interersting. I wonder if the Enoly will be staying in the back seat now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well considering there are only 8 main characters I would suggest that Daniel, Christine, John, Sivea and David are the only ones that I can think of that it's debatable on whether or not they will return next year.

Comment

You getting David or anyone to put the finale announcement on the main page? That'd be cool.
                          sigpic

Comment

You getting David or anyone to put the finale announcement on the main page? That'd be cool.
                            You mean on GateWorld? I thought about that, but I think it will draw in more new readers if we announce the premiere of Season Five along with a primer that will cover the events of the first four seasons so that new readers can easily catch on. The idea is to be promoting the series once it comes back in October in a pretty huge way on really as many sites as we can.
                            Last edited by Alex Rubit; 10 June 2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              Well considering there are only 8 main characters I would suggest that Daniel, Christine, John, Sivea and David are the only ones that I can think of that it's debatable on whether or not they will return next year.
                              What about Tom, Lenori and Callen?

Comment

Working...
                              X