Young is Clearly Not a Villain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    The fact is he thought that both Rush and Telford would die. He thought it was Rush in the gateroom and decided not to vent the atmo. The idea that he just wanted to save Telford is absurd. You really think that if Rush was there in his own body Young wouldn't have hesitated?
    Col Young knew Rush was never in the gate room with the lucian alliance
    I just check the transcript
    http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1...ipts/119.shtml

RUSH (to Young): Why didn't you evacuate the compartment to space?

YOUNG: That was the plan.

VOLKER (to Rush): He didn't do it to save you.

RUSH: Not me. The connection was severed the minute I stepped through the Gate.

(He and Volker look across at Young who declines to answer their implied questions.)
    It seems one of new feature of Earth's stone communication device.The stone disconnect when someone goes through a stargate wormhole.
    It must be a earth 's new stone feature, because in SGA when that SGA doctor Jennifer Keller accidentally switch with another criminal in Pegasus, the whole SGA went to another planet include the doctor Jennifer Keller's body with someone mind.The orignal Ancient stone communication control device is must be more advance, and the stargate can't disrupted the stone connection, but the Earth stone communication device can't sustain the connection inside a stargate worm hole.

Rush knew about the automatic stone disconnection thing, and and he imply Col Young knew about it too.

So What is Young's true reason for not disconnect the stone and send Teford back earlier even after Teford had requested , and not vent the air out of the gateroom the moment the lucian solider got onboard.

When the Lucian alliance try to dial the nine chervon, Destiny jump of of the FTL drive space.because someone was dialing the Ninth chervon.
    In the past episodes , when the ship jump out of FTL drive (or FTL space) , the stone signal get disrupted and people switch back for a few moment. It happen when Earth' s scientist team tried to
    get Destiny re-charge from the sun and dial back to Earth inside the sun , and when Camile switch witht that disable scientist.
    why didn't Rush and Telford swithch back temporarily ?
    If Rush and Telford switch back a few moment before the worm hole get connected , then Rush and Telford could tell Young a bit more useful information , Dr Rush would say ,something like" they are comming Disconnect the Stone ASAP, i don't want to be torture any more, and vent the gateroom's atmosphere"
    Last edited by ckwongau; 08 June 2010, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      Col Young knew Rush was never in the gate room with the lucian alliance
      I just check the transcript
      http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1...ipts/119.shtml

It seems one of new feature of Earth's stone communication device.The stone disconnect when someone goes through a stargate wormhole.
      It must be a earth 's new stone feature, because in SGA when that SGA doctor Jennifer Keller accidentally switch with another criminal in Pegasus, the whole SGA went to another planet include the doctor Jennifer Keller's body with someone mind.The orignal Ancient stone communication control device is must be more advance, and the stargate can't disrupted the stone connection, but the Earth stone communication device can sustain the connection inside a stargate worm hole.

Rush knew about the automatic stone disconnection thing, and and he imply Col Young knew about it too.

So What is Young's true reason for not disconnect the stone and send Teford back earlier even after Teford had requested , and not vent the air out of the gateroom the moment the lucian solider got onboard.

When the Lucian alliance try to dial the nine chervon, Destiny jump of of the FTL drive space.because someone was dialing the Ninth chervon.
      In the past episodes , when the ship jump out of FTL drive (or FTL space) , the stone signal get disrupted and people switch back for a few moment. It happen when Earth' s scientist team tried to
      get Destiny re-charge from the sun and dial back to Earth inside the sun , and when Camile switch witht that disable scientist.
      why didn't Rush and Telford swithch back temporarily ?
      If Rush and Telford switch back a few moment before the worm hole get connected , then Rush and Telford could tell Young a bit more useful information , Dr Rush would say ,something like" they are comming Disconnect the Stone ASAP, i don't want to be torture any more, and vent the gateroom's atmosphere"
      The Atlantis episode would support the fact that Young expected their consciousness to remain switched. I think the line that Callie has is wrong. I listened to the episode and I think Volker said: "He did it to save you." If Volker had said "didn't" then why would Rush have corrected him? Rush's reply makes sense if Volker said "did" not "didn't". And since TJ never called Young how would he have known that traveling through the wormhole had broken the connection?
      Last edited by Blackhole; 08 June 2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Not really. Some of things he has done are morally questionable but they have always been for the best of the crew
        How has taking over someone elses body to pound a fellow officer been in the best interest of the crew?
        What about stranding your lead scientist cause you and him have issues?

Comment

Blackhole,

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
          Young is clearly not a villain.

I hope that Young’s action not to evacuate the air from the Gateroom to protect both Rush and Telford’s lives puts to rest once and for all the assertion by some that Young still has it in for Rush or that he is this heartless villain. His restraint clearly demonstrates that he tried to do the right thing and to protect the lives of all those under his command. O’Neil chastised him directly for not sacrificing both their lives and threatened to remove him from command because of it. Although in all fairness O’Neil is a hypocrite; when the Replicators still had Sam he could have stopped them if he had used his disrupter weapon on their ship before it lifted off; he was unwilling to fire because it would have meant sacrificing her life to do so.

Imo Young’s action to maroon Rush on the planet was an isolated incident; it was a clear mistake done in anger and was provoked by Rush’s actions and behaviors. Since Divided Rush has been a different man and the animosity between them is no longer present anywhere to the degree it had been before.
          I dearly hope this series doesn't break down into characters that are as simplistic as "heros" and "villians". I'd much rather have them continue to be complex individuals with personal motivations, beliefs, and morals that doen't always lead them down the straight and narrow path. Has there been anyone, since that guy a couple of millenia ago, who've been able to be 100% hero?
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            How has taking over someone elses body to pound a fellow officer been in the best interest of the crew?
            What about stranding your lead scientist cause you and him have issues?
            Scroll down. I already addressed this in a previous post
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
              The Atlantis episode would support the fact that Young expected their consciousness to remain switched. I think the line that Callie has is wrong. I listened to the episode and I think Volker said: "He did it to save you." If Volker had said "didn't" then why would Rush have corrected him? Rush's reply makes sense if Volker said "did" not "didn't". And since TJ never called Young how would he have known that traveling through the wormhole had broken the connection?
              I think that's an error in the transcript also. I also heard "He did it to save you".

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
              Blackhole,

I dearly hope this series doesn't break down into characters that are as simplistic as "heros" and "villians". I'd much rather have them continue to be complex individuals with personal motivations, beliefs, and morals that doen't always lead them down the straight and narrow path. Has there been anyone, since that guy a couple of millenia ago, who've been able to be 100% hero?
              amen!
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Young is not villain, he is just stupid. If mckay or sheppard were in charged, they would have lower the pressure in gateroom to a level ppl in it would just barely alive. Well, consider he who used to run base security(i guess something like making a decision who got to wash the toitel), he is doing very well.

Comment

O'Neil gave Young a hard time because he is often not on top of the situation. This is, after all, Sci fi, and the writers can do what the hell they like, make the actors heroes, fools or boffins. Young dithers and often makes the wrong decisions. He beat the crap out of Rush and left him to DIE! I agree with what at least one other person said on this thread that the writers want to make Young incompetent. He is kind of miserable, often very quiet and you can't even hear him! The writers want him to lack all charm, wit and charisma. Is he a villian? No - he is just not up to the job. Sorry this is polemical but what the heck O'Neil is a born leader Young is simply a loser. LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X